Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls

Water (Aqua), Emulsifying Wax NF, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Methyl Gluceth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Safflower (Carthamus Tinctorius) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Citric Acid, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Silk Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxycitronellal, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Agave Americana Leaf Extract

on 8/27/2015 5:48:00 PM

This stuff is by far the best curl cream I've ever used, and I have used everything under the sun from high end to drugstore brands. This stuff takes the cake. It makes my curls and waves bouncy and eliminates frizz and just makes my hair look really beautiful. I believe this stuff is geared towards ethnic women bc it was in that section, but I'm Caucasian and my hair is wavy and frizzy and this stuff works beautifully. I highly recommend it to anyone no matter what ethnicity you are. If you have wavy or curly hair I think you'll love it. I have seen complaints of people not liking the smell and saying it smells like detergent. It does have a smell like that, but I actually really love it lol. I feel like my hair smells clean and fresh. The only criticism I have is that it's pretty expensive. However, it is worth it. Definitely going to keep buying this stuff!

on 6/19/2015 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Another product I was disappointed in but I do think it has everything to do with my hair type and needs. I have lazy 2A/2B fine hair that was straightened for many years because every stylist until lately told me I had pin straight hair. So I am just getting used to and loving having wavy hair.

Therefore I am trying every product that is recommended for curly wavy hair trying to find my favorites and I think this is for curlier hair wanting a soft finish. Me: I want the crunch you all don't want. Some substance that will give me some hold to my wimpy hair that I can then work out after I work on the scrunching. So send me your rejects. Maybe I need to look at the bad reviews. I definitely need some curly girl help. I am only in the 101 classes so far.

Update: This works great for my husband's 3B hair even though he complains about the texture: soapy! and worries that his hair now looks Too curly. He has not embraced his curly hair but instead is used to scraping it back! But I love how it looks on him.

on 6/8/2015 12:17:00 PM

This stuff is amaaaaaaaazing for curly hair! I don't see why more people don't know about it. I find the price well worth it.

on 5/21/2015 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My curly/wavy hair tends to get unruly especially with the humidity in Texas. This product leaves my hair instantly soft as promised, with a gorgeous shine and not to mention the beautiful ringlets of curls! The smell is awesome as well. Will definitely repurchase. it's pricy however worth it

on 5/8/2015 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product does what claims pillow soft curls. It looks natural defined curls without crunch or wet look. It is on the pricey side and the ingredients are questionable. When I rinse the product off my hands suds formed in the sink line soap. It also has a string detergent smell. If you are not a ingredient snob this product is perfect for wash and go.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have true waves with a few curls and if I don't use a gel those waves become... I don't even know if there I a word besides "not becoming". I received a very generous sample of this. I much prefer Miss Jessie's Kinky Curly to this. Kinky Curly isn't as crunchy or sticky - it's a softer hold. This weighed my hair down.

on 4/12/2015 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been searching for years for products that will give me soft, frizzless curls. This is one of those products. A little goes a long way! I get better results from this product if I use a diffuser rather than air drying. I have very fine and thinning hair that is naturally curly.

on 2/27/2015 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm mixed and my curls are somewhere between a 3B and a 3C. I bought this product to use in place of Shea Moisture's Curl & Style Milk. I've been using it for about a week and I think it delivers soft, loose curls as promised. My hair feels like a collection of individual curls instead of just a mass of frizz. I scrunch a generous amount into my hair before plopping for best results. I'd recommend it only to people with hair that already has a good amount of curl as there's not much hold to this product, it mostly works with the curl you already have as opposed to making it curlier.

on 10/19/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

great because it smells wonderful and doesn't make hair crunch buy keeps curls frizz free with wonderful hold. my favorite curly hair product so far.

on 8/6/2014 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love Pillow Soft Curls. As with most products, you get best results if you apply the right technique. I found that on my 3a-3b hair, this works best in combination with a leave-in conditioner, and a light oil (basically LOC method). After applying the leave-in, I put jojoba oil just on my ends so that my hair is not to greasy. Then apply the PSC in sections, raking it through and scrunching along the way. At this point my hair is still soaking wet. A little goes a long way and using too much leads to disaster (plus this stuff is pricey, so better to use less!). Like another reviewer, I did not experience the "clump" that Miss Jessie's promises with this product. I basically have to clump the curls I want to be bigger with my fingers (by gently combining thinner curls together), but the product works well and with a little manipulation, I got big curls. I then gently blot my hair with a t-shirt and then diffuse and/or air dry. A little bit a fluffing is all that is needed and the results are fantastic.