November 1, 2014 | 801 users online

Fragrances - Clive Christian - V for her

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by BelleFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is ABSOLUTELY terrible. It is entirely TOO STRONG. I put it on and I swear it seeped into my pores into my blood stream. Its very very mature. I think even when I turn 70 I wouldn't purchase this. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by rpolisk

I am really of two minds about this perfume: I LOVE the fact that they created a huge galbanum-filled leather stink bomb a la JL Sherrer, Clinique Aromatics and Bandit today. The fact that it's Clive Christian means that the ingredients are first-rate and IF you happen to love the original JL Sherrer, you need to RUN, not walk, to buy this. This is an absolutely no-holds-barred leather pants, spiked heels, gravelly-voiced beauty. I picture Angelica Huston wearing this (though by her own admission she's a Patou 1000 girl). There is nothing floral here, just a strong leathery chypre in the best Noir genre I've smelled in a while.

Well, then, what's the problem, you ask? Just that.. It's dated and very type-cast. And that raspy galbanum just will not quit. At all. This is with one light spritz, of course. It's most definitely wearing me, and I don't like that.

My husband, dear lover of anything funky and chypre-like and old timey LOVES it. But I feel very self conscious wearing it. At that price, there's no way I'd buy it. I may still get a small decant for when I want to let my inner Angelica out to play.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by vikkifree555

Shine always! it is the main slogan for this fragrance. Young, shiny, insolent...with a drop of bitter at the end...Are you dare to be smart and beauty? Hurry up and pick it!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by sissyfris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A big 80's style throwback of a floral chypre, without the sillage and tenacity of yesteryear and a slightly masculine drydown. It's like a drag version of Joan Collins, all read lipstick and big shoulderpads who at the end of the evening morphs into a beautiful boy with exquisite bone structure. I was so hopeful- the beginning was so "wow- someone really made a *perfume*!" but alas... just a sweetly citrus tinted musky cologne at the end.