October 24, 2014 | 876 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Colorstay Smoky Shadow Stick in Smolder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Out of the three Smoky Shadowsticks that I own, Smolder is my favorite. I just really love the color combination and the comparative quality of it compared to some from the rest of the line.
I was skeptical of this product at first; its design hinted at the disaster that was the Covergirl Smoky Shadowblast sticks. Those left a bad taste in my mouth. However, Smoky Shadowsticks are much better executed than the Covergirl counterpart.
Firstly, I love the colors. As stated below, the colors are cool-toned and steely; one end is a steely teal-blue, while the other end is a true teal with a steely sheen. The colors look beautifully metallic on the lids; the light blue more than the teal, but the two colors complement each other very well. Yes, they're very specific, but they look good. Out of all the Shadowsticks, I like the pairing of these colors looks the most fluid.
As for pigmentation, Smolder is relatively pigmented; you just have to press kind of hard in order to make it come off as well as it could be in a swatch. For that reason, the application can be cumbersome. The pigmentation is only best when you put in a little bit of effort- and some discomfort- into applying this eyeshadow, which I didn't like quite as much.
As aforementioned, the shadows are hard and blunt; when you apply, it's in a very thin layer. This compromises on the blendability; once the colors are on there, it's difficult to move or blend them. They set very quickly.
The staying power, however, is really great; it stays on all day, and I haven't had creasing or smudging problems at all. I haven't tried it without primer, but it works well with primer.
I wouldn't call this the cheapest drugstore eyeshadow pencil duo- around $8. Personally, I like Smolder out of the three that I have, but, as a whole, the product still isn't the best option at the drugstore. I'm just happy that the shadow sticks haven't broken yet! I would repurchase if I had to, and, out of this line, I'd recommend Smolder because of its beautiful color combination, staying power, and relative ease of application.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by melanous

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like almost everything about this product: convenience, price (I got mine at Big Lots for a couple $) and it lasts. Having said all of that, I am not crazy about the color. Someone described this as steel blues. The lighter color is definitely a shimmer light blue, almost a frost, but the darker side almost looks green to me. I know that grays tend to do that. I generally like grays and greens and I do like to use the dark color on it's own as an all over lid color just up into the crease and then a liner along bottom lashes. I just don't care for the light blue color as much and would have preferred something more neutral like a sheer gold. Oh well, I like it but prefer the other combo I have called Torch which is a simple gorgeous rich brown with gold undertone and a pinky-gold highlight that I think could be used on anyone (I reviewed that one, too, if you want to read it). Check these out and if there is a color combo you like, they are a great weekend or purse product for easy touch-ups.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ShaniMesh

HORRIBLE PROUCT.
So disappointed.
i bought this at my local drugstore and the tips on both sides fell after 2 applications.
The gray color is a pretty dark gray color.but this lighter white side is not noticable.

I threw this away two days after purchasing.
DO NOT RECCOMEND.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the Flare(purple) and Smolder(steel blue) which I thought looked the most pigmented and vibrant of the range. These are the new colorstay longwear cream shadow stick duos. One end is a light highlight lid color, the other is for shadow lining. These are marketed as all day creaseproof and fade proof. Smolder is the steel blue duo. You have on one end a medium shimmery steel blue and the other end is a deep blue for smoke lining. I like to blend the colors with my fingers. The texture is very smooth and blendable. They set in 30 seconds. They are not as too pigmented as I hoped as you still need a liner for more definition.