July 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - Ideal Shade Foundation Adjuster

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I was shopping my stash and found this. My photoready was too red. I put a drop of the Warm in it. Not only did it make the shade wearable, it gave my face a nice glow. It has been discontinued by Avon. If I run out, I can probably get on Amazon or Ebay.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Way back in the early 90's there was a foundation adjuster from Avon called 'Summer-Mate Foundation Adjuster' I used and loved. You just added a drop or two of the adjuster to your current foundation to make it darker. There were two tones -- COOL and WARM. It was wonderful because you didn't have to buy another bottle of foundation during the warm summer months when you need a darker color and it only literally took a drop or two. This new 'Ideal Shade' Foundation Adjuster also has the two tones to choose from but it is NOTHING like the original. First, you need much more than a drop or two because the color is much lighter and second, there is a sheen to it. Not only do you have to use more of the stuff but you also have shiny foundation. Why in the world they formulated it like that is beyond me. I really wish they would have stuck to the original formula. Like the old saying goes - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Would not repurchase or recommend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No