October 22, 2014 | 1766 users online

Treatments - L'Occitane - Shea Butter Nail & Cuticle Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by TheJRae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It appears this product has been discontinued due to storage problems (seems like the cream kept separating out into watery liquid). That's really too bad, because I LOVE this stuff, and my tube which has lasted me for like 3 years is finally running out. It's the only cuticle cream I've found like this, that's the right consistency (thick enough to last, thin enough to rub in easily) with a nice little nozzle to apply right to your cuticles, and that keeps cuticles and nails nice and mositurized all day.

I've been trying to find a replacement for a while, but it seems really difficult to find a cuticle cream in a little tube like this- everything else I find is either cuticle REMOVER (which is not a moisturizer and messes with my manicure) or a cuticle OIL (absorbs too quickly and seems to dry out really fast). If anyone knows of a product similar to this one please please let me know!!! I've been itnernetting like crazy and the closest thing I can seem to find is Flexitol.

I'm wondering if I should just switch to L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand Cream... but that doesn't seem thick enough to last all day... plus will squirt out more than I need since it doesn't have the little nozzle (but I suppose I could live with that).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by RThorn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an OK cuticle cream, but I don't detect much difference between it and the L'Occitane hand cream. Sure, the packaging is better suited to use on the nails (because of the teeny tiny opening), and maybe this cream is a little bit thicker, but it doesn't do anything that the hand cream won't do and it is much more expensive. Even if you don't use the hand cream, there are much better cuticle oils and creams out there, both in terms of ease of use (this takes a little work to rub in and absorb) and effectiveness.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

I've tried quite a few products in the shea range now, and this is of good quality, but not stellar. I've peeling and scabby skin all round my nails, that sometimes bleeds. This comes in lovely packaging, with a thin tipped dispenser so that you can apply sparingly and accurately. But it doesn't hydrate enough for my damaged cuticle area, and seems to disappear after an hour. That said, it smells nice, sinks in very quickly and doesn't dull your mani. The best I've found so far in terms of results is Flexitol nail and cuticle cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by yuklin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this nail cuticle cream , but I am not crazy about it. It does a good job right now but you have to re apply once you wash your hands. I have had some cuticle creams that stay on that will not entirely wash off, after the first appliciation. Perhaps my cuticles are really soak it up a lot of the cream.=)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff works great. It comes in a 15mL squeeze tube with a navy plastic cap, the packaging very typical of L'Occitane products, minimalist and elegant.
You only need a tiny dot on each nail, it is a bit greasy when first applied but sinks in quickly and absorbs really well. It makes nails moisturized but not soft (more flexible!) and reduces the occurrence of dryness, snags and tears in both cuticle and edges of the nail bed.
It can be used as a cuticle cream (to push them back with an orange stick gently, just apply a bit more generously to the cuticle itself) if you don't have a cuticle remover handy. I keep one at home with my general nail kit and one on my desk at work (mostly because my computer takes an eon or so to boot up so I manage my time wisely by putting this on while I wait for it to behave). It has a fairly innocuous, vaguely powdery smell, not my favourite but not terrible or anything.
It leaves nails glossy, well nourished and healthy looking. It doesn't really help with my chronic peeling (I didn't expect it too) but it has improved the overall appearance of my nails.
My best friend loves it too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really good product. It will not only soften and moisturize your cuticles it will nourish your nails and make them stronger. I'm on my third tube and I love this stuff. It has a pleasant but very mild smell. You only need a tiny amount on each nail and it will soak right up.
Just like the other reviewers said I also believe it makes your nails grow faster and stronger.
When I was on holiday in the Atacma desert, which is the driest place on earth I used this, because my nails were in hell, breaking tearing and all, after applying this they looked as healthy as can be. In one word: AMAZING.
It makes your nails look really beautiful and healthy. I'm glad they changed the metal tube packaging they had before into a plastic one, because it's a lot sturdier and won't break. Have repurchased 3 times and will repurchase again and again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by laroquea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This stuff works!! Twice now, I have used it on dry, torn, and sometimes bleeding cuticles. It does heal them. I use different products for my hands and cuticles, but I am going to try and always order two. One for home and one for work.

Another great thing, my nails grow so quickly when using this!! And they grow out strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by StellaFl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is a miracle for me. My nails were very frail, dry and thin previously. Before I started using this I would just put some of my moisturizer, which is amazing for my skin, on my nails and cuticles. That helped to an extent, but considering how dry my nails were it wasn't enough. After I started using this my cuticles became super healthy and didn't look shredded as they usually did. My nails look and feel smoother and have become much thicker, and can withstand damage. I would recommend this to anyone with nail problems. The 0.5oz tube has lasted me over a year even though I apply it 2-3 times a day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I keep this cuticle cream in my purse and use it once a day. I keep saying I'm going to get another vial to keep at my desk. After using for at least 3 months, my nail beds are much healthier. I agree with the other reviewers who describe consistency as gooey and creamy, but I dont mind because I want my hangnails to drink in all the juice they can get! That said, I really like the size, think its a great value, and I have seen noticeable improvement over time with consistent use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is very much like a concentrated version of the L'Occitane shea butter hand cream which I also use. The packaging is very similar - metal tube - but much smaller!
I have only been using it a few days but already I feel it has made a difference to the hard skin round my nails.I have tried several other products which promised to do this but failed to deliver.
It's a really thick cream - 30% shea butter as opposed to 20% in the hand cream. Also contains anti-oxidizing carrot oil, softening honey and anti-bacterial myrrh essential oil. The tube has a very handy fine pointed nozzle so you can apply it directly from the tube.