September 2, 2014 | 1907 users online

Hair Color - Zotos Age Beautiful Demi Permanent

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by catherinesophia

I have been using Wella Color charm for years to cover my 5% grays. I tried AgeBeautiful Demi, as I had read a few positive reviews of this new dye. I also found that Wella was very difficult to get any color other than a very dark brown/black. The lighter shades (7/8) don't seem to work at all on my hair, and when I use the 5/6 shades, my hair looks black. My experience with this product was awesome. I chose to use 50% 6G/6N and I mixed a 1:1 ratio with the AB demi developer. I found the smell very pleasant, and the consistency of the product made it very easy to control. I didn't get hair dye anywhere I didn't want it. It didn't seem to dye my skin, my bathroom, or anything else. It also was a breeze to clean up. I found the packaging to be a lot more user friendly than Wella as well.

I wrapped my hair in cellophane and I set the timer for 30 minutes. I then washed my hair and conditioned it and let it air dry. My grays have been naturally blended with the rest of my hair, and the color is a medium brown, which is my natural color. This exact same shade comes out as almost black with the Wella shades. I am very pleased with this product, and it will be my new hair dye of choice.

PS- ALL demi hair dyes will run dark, as they are deposit only, and they aren't designed to lift. Always go with two shades lighter than the color you are going for. I have medium/dark brown hair, so I chose light/golden brown and it matched my natural shade almost perfectly. If you just need to blend a few grays, dying your own hair is easy and it costs about 1/20 of going to a salon :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

I agree with the comments below

closer to permanent than demi.
non-drying.
leans DARK: go one or two shades lighter. (this is standard when dying over processed hair)
left my hair shiny and healthy, no damage.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by cookamy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I started using demi-permanent hair color about 6 months ago as a way to transition my permanently dyed hair to my natural gray. I have only used the Zoto's Age Beautiful demi one time. That was enough for me. Other than the WAY off color (light red came out dark, dark brown with a hint of red); the stuff will NOT wash out. The one time I want a hair color to wash out and it's stubborn. So...if you want a demi-permanent that holds on, this is the brand for you. If you want a demi-permanent that will wash out, stay away!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just adding this new line of DEMI Permanent to the product listing. Found it at sallys and even though I really like the Ion brand demi, I saw this and thought I would give it a try. Seems to work great! I used 9N to cover some grays and tone the washed out highlights in my hair. Summer has taken its toll and I have become one color blonde and needed some depth. Like all demis, this runs dark but it did not give any off tones. I used the ion 10 vol sensitive scalp developer with it, but will try the age beautiful brand next time to give it a try. I should have left it on longer to cover more gray, but was afraid it was going too dark so rinsed after 10 mins or so. Looks natural and toned my hair just enough to give some dimension. No damaged feel or anything either! Try this and let all of us makeupalley reviewers know how it works out - I love getting new tips from other DIY colorists!