October 25, 2014 | 1806 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Nude Matte Shadow - Confession NMS12

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this. I was hunting for a good matte dark shadow to use as a setting powder on top of my pencil eyeliner as well as act as a contour shade.

This is exactly what I wanted and more. It is a brown with a lot of gray and a hint of green. A fantastic colour. Deep rich, neutral and matte. Everything I wanted.

It goes with brown, green,black,bronze & gray eyeliner pencils. It goes with my golden & peachy tan shadows,bronzes, taupes, grays & especially greens.

Speaking of greens, there is a gorgeous NYX matte called Covet that goes so nicely with Confession. Confession blends out nicely as a crease & contour shade with that. I applied both on top of a pale cream by Annabelle but I want to try some other pale creamy shades from the NYX mattes for fun. Great neutral polished soft gray green eye look.

Back to Confession. No fallout, great colour payoff. Creamy smooth, no irritation or drying out of eyelids.

I will buy this again and more from this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by JLeroux

This review is for Nyx Nude Matte Eyeshadow in Confession.

I really love this eyeshadow! The color is a dark green-brown (looks like a muddled brownish with hint of dark green). A great neutral color with no shimmer or glitter. I use it most often to line the upper lash line (instead of black gel eyeliner) for a more natural look. I also sometimes use this color to shade from the outside corners of the eye. It does take some blending in this application.

Lasting Power: This eyeshadow in Confession lasts as long as any other decent eyeshadow I've tried (across all price points). For me, some days it'll make it to the end of the day, some days it won't, probably depending on allergies, workouts, etc.

Pigment: Very decent. It's not the most pigmented eyeshadow I own, but is still pretty pigmented. When considering the price point, I'd say easily among the most pigmented eyeshadows in it's price bucket.

Texture: OK. There is a noticeable difference between the texture of this eyeshadow and many of the more expensive eyeshadows. It's not nearly as silky and doesn't apply as smoothly. However, the texture is perfectly fine, and better than most others in this price bucket.

Overall, this is a great eyeshadow in a really nice, neutral color! At it's price, it's a great buy and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by istyleit

This is my 1st NYX purchase. I got it from Ulta it is a Charcoal grey green. Doesnt look green on tho but it's a nice change from all the Blue grey charcoals out there. I am very impressed with the staying power of this shadow, esp for a low price shadow. I use primer but regardless this is nice. It has great pigment. LOVING THE MATTE! and this matches the new Essie nailpolish fall collection shade, cant remember the name but its exact.