April 17, 2014 | 1703 users online

Crème - Chanel - vitalumiere Aqua Fresh and Hydrating Cream Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by ninoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A must have for my troubled, allergic, acne prone skin! I use this alone, or sometimes with the liquid Vitalumiere..... And can take this with me for touch ups or when I travel as I hate to take too many liquids when flying. When I first got this, I felt guilty as though I was spoiling myself, well...I still do feel sort of that way, but I have to have this! I use clean fingers to apply btw,

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by lucygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this product when I first put it on. But by noon, the color is streaky, uneven, oily. I think it's just too moisturizing. I love the creme compact foundation concept--I may try Hydra.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this as I needed a new lighter shade of foundation that was a bit more moisterizing.This is both of those.goes on very easy almost a bit too easy.very creamy with alot of slip on inital touch. haven't tried with the sponge it comes with yet, wich is a nice slightly thick round regular sponge better then the drugstore powder kind.i wish the sponge didn't just sit on top but under, in a ventilated spot of its own.even tho the actual cream has a lid u have to open the main compact hoping the sponge&plastic don't come out (i kept the plastic &sponge just in case I ever need it & don't want the sponge getting everything all makeupy) then open the next lid to get to the actual product.even so its very portable looks like a hockey puck, not gonna be afraid it will break it's very sturdy feeling.I've just used it with my flat top kabuki& real techniques sponge.the sponge makes it sheered out more.the brush applys more heavy almost full coverage even tho i barely lightly touched it to the product.covers my redness does settle into my small eye wrinkles after a few hours but can be buffed out.not a glowy product wich is what I was kinda hoping it would be.it starts off that way but as it drys it turns more matte 'ish.. B30 is the color I got but it does seem a bit to light but I can work with it as it seems to get a touch darker as i blend.im not shure tho if this is for me..I like how portable it is & that's what I've been trying to do.pair down my make up stash (@least that's what I tell my husband, altho I think he's on to the pairing down means replacing) It doesn't give that same glow from within look some of chanels liquids have.it also feels a bit too lotiony/creamy.altho it does feel cool on application it just doesn't feel right for my skin. i do find it needs sum buffing back into place towards the end of the day. made me look a bit haggard but i just buffed it around with the flat top& it looked a lot better.didn't add any more product but could have used a bit more on my cheeks.seems a bit high maintenance.mabey with a different powder.i will see when my chanel powder comes in the mail if that makes any diffrence as my cheapo lose NYX powder I've had for ages ain't work in well with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Sasha58

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I have combination skin, I don't have the problem with this foundation that others have described: it doesn't seem to become or look super-oily on my face. And although it's ridiculously expensive, I will continue to buy it because there is no other foundation that makes my skin look so good (soft, dewy, smooth, nearly poreless) -- and I've tried a lot of them, including many that get much better reviews. In fact, it is not only the one foundation, but the one product, I've ever found that really does seem to make me look younger! So I just hope they won't ever discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the same as the Vitalumiere hydra and the name has been changed. I love love love this foundation. It's great for dry/combination skin. I can even apply it with a liquid foundation brush. I don't' need much and my face looks flawless, very natural looking!! It's expensive yes, but a little goes a long way so it lasts a long time, at least for me. Overall I recommend this if you have somewhat dry skin!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by jenniferashton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because i own then liquid foundation version which I like. I thought it would be nice to have a more portable product. Too bad this just doesn't work for me. The color is too yellow and not a great match to my skin tone. The finish is nice for maybe 5 minutes and then I get super oily and it oxidizes and that's just not a good look. It's super expensive and so should be as great as I usually find Chanel products. Alas, it's just not :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Amore1

I love this foundation so much, it makes my skin look supple and radiant. I use a foundation brush to apply to get a light to medium finish and it covers most of my imperfections. Will buy again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

No coverage at all. I might as well be bare faced.

Didn't even wear it long enough to test for breakouts.

B20, too yellow

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by DiamondTiaras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am heartbroken to report that this foundation breaks me out. I was in denial for a month there, because the finish is so beautiful. When I wear VAC, my skin looks very creamy and natural; not too matte, but not shiny or greasy either. Also, it's an absolute dream to apply. The product itself has the most gorgeous consistency, and I can apply it very easily with just my fingers. Because the coverage is high and the consistency is thick enough, this foundation can also double as a concealer, which is wonderful in a rush. Finally, the packaging is quite ingenious. Chanel went to great lengths to design a compact that would protect the product within while offering a sleek, functional piece that looks beautiful in any makeup bag or on any dresser.

So those are all the pros. In a perfect world, I could give this product 5 lippies and move on. Unfortunately, I can't get around the fact that the foundation makes my face break out in lots of little pimples. I rarely break out; I've never had acne, and even when I'm very hormonal, it's rare for me to get blemishes. I experimented by refraining from using VAC for a week and giving my skin time to clear up. This was after I broke out with a zit on my nose, of all places, and a few smaller ones on my cheek and chin. Yesterday I wore the foundation again and by the end of the day, new blemishes popped up on my jawline and cheeks!

So obviously I'm returning this product. I had a similar issue that I had with the VA fluid, which gave me cystic acne last summer. I was told by my SA that this product should be much more gentle for my dry skin, but it wasn't much better at all.

More info: I'm NW15 and had a match in Beige Rose 22. I am very dry with mild rosacea and this foundation visually corrected both of those problems quite easily, which is what made the realization that it was breaking me out that much more disappointing. This product was $58 at Macy's.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

EDIT--8/26/13 I had to return this after a couple of weeks because it was just too emollient for my oily skin. It would be fine for just a night out, but for an all-day foundation it just becomes an endless blotting and powdering situation. Too bad because it's a lovely product, and if your skin is drier than mine you'll probably love it!

ORIGINAL REVIEW-- I have both the cream compact and the liquid versions of Vitalumiere Aqua now, and while I love them both, I think I'm beginning to prefer the cream. The liquid VA has a lot of alcohol and fragrance in it, which are irritating to my sensitive skin and I can't wear it every day. I also hate having to shake it so much to keep it from separating, and because of the high alcohol content, the dry-down is really fast, which makes blending it out a race against time. The cream compact VA solves all of those issues beautifully. No alcohol or fragrance, no shaking, and it applies and blends out effortlessly. The end result and finish are almost identical. I've seen that Chanel is offering refills for the compact in the UK, so hopefully we'll get those here in the US soon (haven't seen them yet). For a cream foundation it feels incredibly soft and skin-like to the touch, not tacky at all. It's just slightly hydrating and doesn't make me too oily, just like the liquid VA. A little bit goes a very long way. All in all it's an impressive product and just a bit more elegant in formulation, application and wear, than the liquid VA.