December 20, 2014 | 993 users online

Bronzers - NYX - Matte Bronzer (All)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Florida555

I really, really wanted to like this but just couldn't. It has a reddish/orange hue to it that just doesn't seem to compliment skin tone (especially in winter)! It looks nice as in quality but the color really just ruins it for me. It was also $9 which seems high to me, especially for something that looks odd on skin. The packaging is sleek and it has a large mirror inside.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by deadmap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this bronzer in the shade "Deep," which is technically considered too dark for my skin tone but I wanted something more dramatic. "Deep" is a really beautiful shade that is a mid-tone brown and has a very slight reddish undertone (on my skin). On my Olive skin, it shows up as a true brown, like the shade of hot chocolate. I would definitely recommend this to Olive/Medium/Tan skintones or deeper neutral skin tones as this bronzer is ace as a contour shade as well. I can even use it as an eye shadow colour.

The bronzer's formula is really soft, and very pigmented. With a finger swatch, full colour payoff is achieved with just one swipe. With a brush, it's definitely as pigmented, though more diffused. There are plenty of times I've used a little too much of this under my cheekbones, so build the colour gradually and use a light touch.

I love that this bronzer is matte, and I use it year round. I have plenty of bronzers, but I find that it's been harder for me to find a matte bronzer that compliments a neutral tan skin tone without looking too harsh. "Deep" is the only colour I have of this bronzer, and it's lasted me ages. Even when I decide to branch out into other bronzers, I still consider this bronzer to be a staple in my make up collection.

It's a really great buy for the price. The compact comes with a full mirror, as well. I've never had problems with the product shattering or losing its pigment. It's definitely dependable. If you can get to the stores and swatch the shades on your hand, then I would recommend that. Bronzers can be used in any colour depending on what look you're going for, but if you're tan and want something that makes your cheek pop without adding a grey, pink or orange tone then pick this up. It's a great neutral shade that will work for many people of colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm a huge fan of nyx, so i didn't expect this bronzer to fail me. I absolutely hate not being able to give this product five stars. Like one of the reviewers below, I don't think there really is anything wrong with this except the way it looks on my skin. As I'm fair, I got the lightest shade, and the color had this weird reddish undertone. I tried to look past it but every time i put it on I noticed there was something off about it. Then I bought NYC Sunny and realized that was the shade it should be, not with any red or orange tones hidden. It might look good for some people but it just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Ashwhite925

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this bronzer! I love how it's matte and there's no sparkle to it like most bronzers... I use it to contours face and it works perfect, tried a lot of bronzers even MAC but this one is my favorite!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Justminick

I like this stuff. The highlighting version isn't great, but this is good. It's slightly orangey for my pale skin, but I can make it work with certain looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Tinevw00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was nervous about this because this seemed kind of dark i purchased the Medium (MBB03). But, i wore this today and i absolutely love it. I work in a business where i get told the truth about my appearance and i purchased Bobbi Brown pressed bronzer in Medium. I had several coworkers approach me because i looked red. I found NYX and not only does it go on silky but the color lasts all day. I also like how there is no pink undertone. I paid $8.99 vs the $35 for Bobbi and love the value. I recommend this product and will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Cortneywpatterson

Love this. Use it as a contour below my blush and when I blend it with my blush its BEAUTIFUL. Much better than the sparkle bronzer I was using before. I think I got the shade deep tan.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I very much like this matte bronzer! It's HIGHLY pigmented, blendable, and gives you a gorgeous contour if you know what yer doin. I am an n3 and a little goes a long way with this stuff. At $11CDN it *is* a bit much but because I'm on my using this for contouring - it'll last me eons. Picked up at London Drugs in Canada. Swatch prior! I got mine in a deep COOL tone which was perfect to me. (image uploaded!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to try out a matte bronzer so I picked this one up at Ulta in Light. I have pretty pale skiin and I want it to look natural. Not so much for contouring, but for a natural looking color to add on my cheeks. I don't know what everyone is talking about, this is not orangey on me at all. I didn't look through all the pages, but there is only one other review that said it wasn't orangey on them.

This is a great product for the money. Its very pigmented, light weight, completely matte, and lasts a long time. One night it lasted from 2 in the afternoon until 10 pm. The color is so natural looking, I am very pleased with it and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am NW15 and bought this in Medium to use for contouring. For reference, I also use MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Natural in Medium Dark, and Revlon PhotoReady bronzer in Bronzed & Chic for my contouring. Medium is a nice color, a medium brown with a slight hint of orange. It is completely matte with no sparkle or shimmer, and it lasts throughout my workday. Very pigmented, but blends easily. I use this often and I am pretty pleased with it. If you can find a good color match, it is worth trying.