October 25, 2014 | 1594 users online

Fragrances - 2 Grrrls - Forsaken EDP inspired by True Blood

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read a lot of reviews from other sites that claimed this scent was like BBW blackberry vanilla. I was concerned because I find most BBW fragrances to be far too sweet and cloying for me. I took a chance and am very happy with this purchase! This is a near perfect blend of fresh, sweet, and dark earthy notes. And the bottle is gorgeously decadent! I knew this was a keeper when unsolicited my husband said, "is that a new perfume you're wearing? It smells really good!"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So it has been after wearing this several times that I've been able to really appreciate it. The initial notes to me, aren't so much berry, as I get a hugely floral hit, followed by sort of an apple scent. This would be in keeping with information in the books this series is based on, where fairies smell like apples a bit.There is a bit of blackberry, but it's not screaming "berry" at me, more fruity in general.
The middle notes still have a fruity undertone, the plum, but then the floral picks up and it begins to warm.
The base note of patchouli isn't overwhelming, as patchouli can be, but more of a dark, musky, undertone. The other base notes are very warm, and still sweet.
On the sweetness throughout, it isn't candy sweet. It's more fruity and less sugary.
I am thrilled with the bottle design, and as a Truebie, happy to have another piece of True Blood memorabilia.
Overall, I had hoped for something much darker, a 'la Dawn Spencer Hurwitz' Halloween or Cathedral, with musks and spice.
At USD59.50 on hsn, the 1.7 oz. EDP is not a bad value, I would repurchase.
Update: I still LOVE this scent and in Oct. '13, the bottles went on sale on HSN for $15.00USD. I bought three. The third one was, unfortanately, a bit dinged up, and would not seal. So, I put the majority in a spray decanter and put the rest in a little bottle. Well, today, I was wanting a different scent than the tarts I normally burn, so I took a bit of the Forsken that I had in the glass bottle, put it in my tart burner and my house smells so awesome right now!! If you like dark and fruity scents, I recommend. Get what you can before it goes away!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by TheeOriginalBooBooKatie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn’t crazy upon first whiff but figured I would wear it a few days to see if it grows on me. Ive been wearing it for 11 hours (yes, it does have lasting power) and I’ve decided to send it back tomorrow and claim “allergic reaction”. To me, it smells like powder and musk…and dead flowers. Reminds me a bit of Kat Von D’s “Sinner” but without the booziness. It’s not a terrible “omg, I have to wash this off now!” scent but for me, it’s not a keeper. Such a shame too. Such a neat bottle. Next to try: Lady Gaga’s “Fame”!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by notagoodidea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coolest bottle ever. I'm a Truebie and couldn't wait to try this. Once you get past the initial berry blast, it settles into a lovely amber woodsy scent with a hefty shot of vanilla and violet. Not getting any jasmine. Dang it, I love night blooming jasmine. Thank god they didn't sneak in a little blood accord. Bet they considered it, though! I like this juice. Lasted 3 to 4 hours on me. Quite do-able! UPDATE -
DH doesn't like it. Must swap. :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this. It's very sweet. Initially it is berries galore and even after the dry down, I didn't get much else but that typical sweet fruity smell that has been done 100 times before. Not a bad scent, just not something worth keeping. Oh, and the lasting power was terrible. What a disappointment.