October 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Gels/Soaps - Bath and Body Works - Antibacterial Foaming Hand Soap Black Cherry Merlot

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by manduh

I'm kind of bath and body works obsessed and I have a new scent I love every month but this soap might actually be my favourite. I love the yummy smelling soaps like candy cane that just make you want to wash your hands for an hour but this stuff makes me want to drink it. Everyone comments on how great it smells. So fruity and not at all soapy. I wish they'd make a whole line of body lotions, sprays and candles in this scent and not have it as seasonal only because it's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have recently switched to all foam hand soaps from bath and body works, and this is one of the scents I purchased. I have this in the pocket bac as well. The scent is a very deep, true cherry (no artificial jolly-rancher-type cherry here!) With the slightest hint of red wine. Its a very nice fall scent, but I would also be fine with using this during all seasons. The foam soap itself easily lathers and does a decent job cleansing the hands. The foam is, however, more drying than the other types of hand soap, and during the winter this might be a problem, but for now it leaves my hands soft and fresh. The scent lasts a short while after use. I would repurchase.

Edit: I'm starting to get a hint of cough syrup smell from this. Its only in the hand wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a yummy smelling soap! It is a strong cherry smell that lasts long after you wash your hands. The foaming hand soaps are very luxurious. I preferred the fall 2012 packaging to this years. Last years packaging was more autumn themed with darker colors. This year it's mostly white and much simpler. The soap itself is a dark maroon and lives up to its name. Try to get this soap when it's on sale! It's a great bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Do8666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This scent is THE BEST. It's too bad it was seasonal only. And too bad it only came as a hand soap and a antibacterial gel. The smell is like sweet berries, with a bit of a cranberry tartness. It doesn't have an artificial scent, or alcohol scent at all. The smell is delicious! It seriously makes my mouth water! I wish I purchased more for backup, this scent is great year round. The smell lingers, and doesn't fade as quick as their other soaps. When I use the hand sanitizing gel, I ALWAYS get compliments, people are surprised when I tell them it's a hand sanitizing gel several of my friends (who aren't even big fans of hand sanitizing gel) have gone out and purchased it when I first bought it, after smelling it on me. BBW needs to make this a permanent scent! I would buy EVERYTHING in it!

Just a warning about the hand sanitizing gel, it will turn your hands red if you use too much!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells like a shirley temple, absolutely mouthwatering scent!! I wish they made a shower gel with this scent. My only complaint is that the product seems to get used up rather quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

BBW released Black Cherry Merlot as part of the fall 2012 limiited collection. Deep red/burgundy color (turns into a white foam) scented with a fruity, rich cherry fragrance (hint of wine). Nice for fall. Love this scent so much now - I got a 2nd bottle at the semi-annual sale for $3.00 - SCORE!

Update: 2014 and I still love this. Wish I could find it - or that they'd bring it back.