Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/29/2015 8:28:00 PM

I got this brush last summer to go with the naked skin foundation and I didn't like it with the foundation and instead used it with my l'oreal true match and it blended perfectly! However, it's started to shed a lot :( like hairs just falling out with each buff. Liked it while it lasted

on 9/7/2015 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this brush years ago when it first came out. It held up well for about one year. During that year it did blend foundation beautifully. After that it began shedding like crazy! So bad that I couldn't even use it because the hairs would get all over my face. Now, it's in horrible shape. All the writing is completely gone off the handle. I can't even use the brush because for some reason it now soaks up every ounce of my foundation deep in the brush, wasting it. And the shedding is relentless, hairs come out in clumps. It should have gone in the trash years ago. I always take wonderful care of my brushes so this is disappointing. I regret buying this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this brush on a whim at Shoppers Drug Mart. For my foundation, I had previously been using the Quo Foundation Brush (I do not recommend that brush whatsoever) or my fingers to apply foundation.

I use this brush primarily for my liquid foundation. It is extremely soft and forgiving on my sensitive skin. It leaves me with a perfectly airbrushed finish every time. I tried using this brush with a powder foundation on my friend and it also worked beautifully. It is very easy to clean and looks very pretty on a vanity. It has the perfect ratio of stiff to flexible bristles and I will never go back to flat foundation brushes ever again after using this brush.

The price of this brush was $26 CAD, which is extremely cheap compared to foundation brushes from Tarte or NARS. This brush is a steal!

I wish it came with a brush cover but honestly that's just nitpicking... A truly amazing brush, especially for the price.

on 7/9/2015 6:03:00 AM

Quality brush and multi-purpose - great for liquid foundation, blush (powder and stain), and finishing powder. Bristles are soft, the head is nicely rounded, and is the perfect size. Product distributes evenly, and is easy to clean.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am all grown up now!

Well, kinda.

No, I didn't buy a house or have kids or anything that earth-shattering. What I mean is, at the ripe old (young?) age of 38, I finally get why foundation is better applied with a fancypants brush such as this one, rather than being smeared upon one's visage with one's grubby ol' fingers.

Used to be that I scoffed at such things. Why use a brush that costs DOLLARS UPON UNTOLD DOLLARS when my fingers are perfectly suitable implements, conveniently attached to my body at all times, and better yet, far easier to wash afterwards?

Putting stuff on your face is putting stuff on your face, right? Or so I thought, while binning subpar brushes left and right and frittering away small numbers of DOLLARS.

And then, I tried out a new foundation. A long-wearing sort, which is a type of formula I'm very new to. Highly-rated around these parts and elsewhere, so when I found myself not being all that keen on how it looked on my face (it settled oddly onto my skin, highlighting defects that I'd been hereto unaware of), I looked inward instead of blaming the foundation. Maybe I was doing it wrong?

Knowing myself, that was a *highly* plausible hypothesis and so I hightailed it back to my local Sephora in search of answers. Flagged down the first available person that I spotted and showed her my face. She kindly explained that the foundation that I was sampling was best applied using a buffing brush and heartily recommended the Urban Decay blurring brush. She may also have suggested that I put on too much foundation, but whatever (though prolly true. I think I dumped out the entire contents of the sample onto my palm and then smeared onto my face. So sophisticated! So me!).

She then connected me with a makeup artist who could demonstrate how to properly use the brush. Turns out it's not that hard: just buff buff BUFF! in circular motions! using the fancy brush! To me, it was actually pretty revolutionary but I'm just a humble gal who grew up without YouTube makeup tutorials and such so, yeah. Anyway, fancy brush and buffing technique resulted in the perfect melding of foundation with skin. Oh! OOOooh! So THAT'S how it's done!

The foundation style I was trying out is officially a medium-to-full coverage formula, but I feel like this new method gave me the best payoff of both worlds the coverage of a heavier foundation with the lighter feel and more natural appearance of a more nude one.

I feel really kinda extra pretty now, and isn't that all that matters at the end of the day? Well, no, lots of stuff matters way, WAY more. Anyway, new brush and new technique that I'm pretty sure can be used with pretty much any liquid foundation.

on 5/22/2015 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

This foundation brush fulfills it's promise to optically blur. Without detracting from needed coverage, circular buffing motions deposit foundation finely and evenly, resulting in a very soft, sheer, perfected, your-skin-but-better, breathable finish. I use this to apply my favorite liquid primer and foundation. Really, it's the best! Light years better than finger application, much nicer than flat foundation brushes as well. Thanks to the fabulous Caleb at Nordstrom.com beauty for suggesting that I try this brush. Wonderful!

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Disclaimer: I've only had this for a few days.
But, so far, I love it! It applies foundation flawlessly. Even if it falls apart in a year, I won't complain because the cost isn't as high as some other brands.

on 5/4/2015 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A $25US brush should not shed or fall apart after a year. That is all.

on 4/23/2015 7:04:00 PM

Buy it! It is a must have for your makeup arsenal. I love this brush, truly nothing I could say negative about it. It does everything is says it will and then some. It gives you an airbrushed, even finish no matter what foundation you are using. 💗

on 4/5/2015 1:06:00 AM

Gah can't say enough this is my HG foundation brush! Makes any liquid foundation go on FLAWLESSLY! No streaking, just an air brush finish. I've used this with every liquid foundation known to man it works with everything! BB's CC's ZZ's you name it, it works. I daily clean with a witch hazel/alcohol/water mix and shampoo once a week. It hasn't shed one hair! Can't recommend this enough!!

Popular Makeup Brushes