November 24, 2014 | 1596 users online

Makeup Brushes - Urban Decay - Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by neurosciguy

This is actually a pretty good brush for the quality- and I have brushes from Real Techniques to Tom Ford. It's really surprisingly soft, and the handle is shorter than most American brushes. This, combined with the package/case the brush comes in makes it great for traveling with. I use a very sheer coverage liquid foundation of my own mixing, so I don't need this to spread a thick ass creme, but for my purposes it works, and is surprisingly soft for a synthetic. I'd say definitely softer than RT (sorry Sam), and I haven't had any shedding so far. If you're on the fence, you probably won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by RMulieri

I bought this after I tried the UD naked foundation with finger application and other brushes ( and was not impressed).This Brush is FANTASTIC.It applies the foundation like a dream and the finish is blurred/airbrush .

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by aquaryss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm shocked at the glowing review. This brush is no good, I just returned it today after trying to make it work for the past couple of weeks.

It is incredibly soft, synthetic, and decently priced, but the pros end there. I tried this with my low/medium coverage powder (I just sweep the color over my face briefly), and it gave me a very unnatural finish. Not only that, but the coverage was not good enough! I was looking for a replacement for my HG - Real Techniques powder brush, which works amazing, but I was wondering if there would be an even better product out there.. We're all guilty of straying. :x I wanted to find a brush that wasn't as big, perhaps, and thus might give better coverage.

Thinking perhaps this was better suited for liquid foundation, I decided to try this instead of my Sigma F80/82 which has been my HG for years. No dice, it applied the liquid foundation in a more streaky, less even coverage way. It has something to do with the brush, the bristls are distributed in a way so that only the tip top ones can be used for stippling and it leads to uneven coverage.

The icing on the cake was noticing minor shedding after a week or so. Unbelievable! Never had issues with any of my brushes shedding, ever.

So for both cases, the overall way my face looked was far better with my original brushes. I'll be sticking with them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

Was so excited for this brush :(. Such a let down. It seems sooooo soft till it has product on it. I found it quite scratchy and took forever to blend out my foundation.
I will be returning it to sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by mschristinex

I got this brush as a gift from my boyfriend for Christmas. I don't know how he heard about this brush but I'm glad he got it! In the beginning I only used it to blend out my bronzer or anything that needed to be blended out. But one day all my foundation brushes and beautyblenders were dirty so I decided to use this beauty with my Loreal True Match and I fell in love. It buffs the product into your skin so beautifully and leaves a smooth and natural finish. This is my top favorite brush and I'm so happy to own it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

I love love love this brush!!! I use it for applying powder foundation (specifically Laura Geller Baked Foundation which, despite being an "as seen on tv" infomercial product, is absolutely fabulous). This seems to blend it into the skin absolutely flawlessly. It doesn't matter how much powder I layer on, it buffs it into the skin perfectly. The brush head looks small but this actually works really well to manoeuvre around the nose and eye areas.

I want to buy another one to use with cream and liquid foundations - I love it that much!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brush. I also have a Shiseido Foundation Brush, and 3 Beauty Blenders. In order of how much I love everything, it's this brush, then BB, then Shiseido. I only purchased this because I began to get worried about the BB developing mold, which my first one started to, and I wasn't 100% happy with the Shiseido brush. I also didn't like that for $20, the BB only lasts 2-3 months on average. This UD brush is $25 and should last for a long, long time if you take care of it. I have used it on both EL DW foundation and GA Luminious Silk foundation, first dabbing it into the foundation on the back of my hand, then swirling it in circle motions all over my face. flawless. I didn't even conceal and normally with GA foundation especially I need to conceal. I guess the BB sheers out my foundation a lot more, but both the BB and this brush give me the same light, flawless, streak free finish that is perfectly blended and nothing looks cakey.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush !!!!!! It's bomb I was skeptical because I don't care for UD eye brushes but this one glides foundation on smoothly and flawlessly!!! Love!!!! Try it y'all, y'all won't be disappointed... I think it runs a tight race with Sigma F80., all honesty a bit better! 😁

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by HeidiDriesen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This brish is absolutely AMAZING for applying liquid foundation!
Before I got this I used a different brush, and my make-up looked good,
but now my make-up looks flawless!
It blends it out so beautifully, no patched, all smooth...
I just love it!
It's a bit on the pricy side, but I think it's worth it.
The packaging is very nice and perfect to take along with you on a trip or holiday!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Kizzy24

I absolutely LOVE this brush!!! I use it with MAC sculpt foundation and it goes on flawlessly.. I suffer with very dark circles and this brush blends in my foundation and concealer amazingly.. I would say it is pricey at £20 but it's been well worth the money for me personally.. I would recommend this brush as my foundation hasn't gone on better with another brush.