Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last 906D Wine Room

4.5

on 4/13/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A nice berry lipstick, pink in tone. I usually wear it with minimal makeup (no shadow or eyeliner, just personal preference). It does transfer, so you will have to reapply after eating, drinking, kissing etc. It's a bit drying, but I always prep my lips with lip balm prior to applying any Wet n' Wild matte lipstick.

on 4/5/2015 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I fell in love with wet n wild after I tried this. This was the first shade I ever tried and booooy the color sure did last!! The price is cheap if you compare it to other high end brands with similar shades. I am positive that you can make pretty much all wet n wild lipsticks as dupe when you're on a budget or still a student like me, buying makeups with your own savings. Love this!

on 2/25/2015 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay, I'm closing in on owning every color in the WnW Mega Last range. Between this and the Milani Color Statement line, I feel like I am approaching the point where I own every color and finish I could possibly want.
My most recent addition was this shade ( 906D Wine Room). And boy is this a pretty color! This is darker than your typical MLBB, but not so dark or bright that it comes off as stark, even against fair skin. It's warmer and redder than 907C Mauve Outta Here, but has the same depth of color, and can definitely be considered a neutral lip color. I'm certain it will pair with numerous eye looks.
The formula for the Mega Last line is fairly consistent throughout. When first applied, these tug a tad, but quickly melt to a creamy consistency before drying down to a demi-matte finish. Once they set, they are quite long lasting. They are not transfer proof, but the color sticks around for a while. When the do fade, they leave a stain behind, so fading isn't super unattractive with these lipsticks.
The packaging, as I've mentioned in other reviews of different colors from this range, is horrendous. The bullet doesn't fully retract, so it's easy to nick with the cap. The shape of the bullet also makes precise application difficult, so a lip brush and liner are recommended.
However, they are on average about $2 at the local drugstore, which is ridiculously cheap for such a fantastic product. I'll take the bad packaging if it means they can keep selling this incredible lipstick at such a shockingly low price point!

on 2/4/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have tried many long wearing lipsticks in all price ranges, and this might be the best! The color does last for quite a while. I do like to add a shine or gloss as it is a matte finish and find that when the gloss wears off the color is still there. A little more gloss and it still looks fresh. Will try some other shades.

on 1/30/2015 8:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great value for money. This is my first Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last lipstick and I'm really pleased with it. This is not a creamy, glide on type of formula. It's a bit stubborn to apply at first, so I definitely apply this more liberally than I do with other lipsticks. It's also matte which I love since I'm not a gloss or moist/shiny lipstick fan, and the colour can be applied to achieve both a soft or bold colour. I usually apply lipstick without a balm, but with this product, I find I do need a balm before application since the formula is so matte. The colour is so pretty...it's a very natural looking deep pink (bordering on red, but not quite) with neutral undertones; it's neither cool nor warm, and I think this would be a universally flattering shade.

on 12/9/2014 3:55:00 PM

I've tried maybe 3/4ths of the WnW megalasts, Wine Room is my favorite by far! I find the formula to be less drying than some of the others, super long wearing, and an insanely flattering shade. I've actually been looking for a shade like this for months at Sephora in a matte formula and who knew I'd find it in a $2 tube at CVS! I know people complain about the drag on the megalasts, but I find if I warm the tip on my lip for about a second it applies really smoothly. Then I blot with toilet paper and repeat for a finish that lasts through lunch!

on 10/7/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The pictures here do not justify the gorgeous color of this lipstick. I absolutely love and adore the WNW's matte lipsticks. The only problem with them is the cheap design. This shade just like other shades stays on a long time. The shade is not offensive and looks great with very little eye makeup. If you have lighter skin color, this totally pops on your face. This is perhaps one of the best red lipsticks that I have ever had.

on 9/25/2014 8:01:00 PM

This is my favorite lipstick that I've ever owned. The color is amazing for fall. I will say it can be a little drying, but it's matte. It's so gorgeous and for $1.50 you can't go wrong.

on 9/14/2014 7:28:00 PM

These Mega Last lipsticks are a great value with amazing color payoff. Wine Room is a beautiful wine color that is a bit dark for my fair skin at full strength, but provides a great stain of color if I apply it with my finger or blot it down. Using it as a stain is a great way for me to wear it as a "my lips but better" everyday look.

on 9/9/2014 6:26:00 PM

Talk about amazing!!!! Wine Room is such a wearable lipstick color that enhances your own lip color. For 1.99, this lipstick does more than deliver. It doesn't dry out my lips and even after i eat/drink it still stays on my lips. I will agree with others on here and say the packaging could be a lot better, but i honestly love this lipstick color so much that I could over look it. It is a pinkish, mauve color that I think would look very nice on a range on skin colors. This color is one of my favorites from this line! If you ever get the chance give it a try, you won't regret it!

Popular Lipsticks