October 24, 2014 | 1697 users online

Powder - E.L.F. - Tone Correcting Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. It is an excellent setting powder. It truly finishes my makeup with an airbrushed effect. I have bought many of these. I even carry one in my bag. My only caution is to be light while swirling in the pan. It sometimes can deposit the color... which is easy to remedy. I swirl the whole things and sometimes I feel like I can see the blue. At this price, give it a try. It works great on my summer medium and winter light/fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

This is amazing stuff! I have fair skin and mild rosacea, so a fair amount of redness on my cheeks and nose. I've tried a variety of "corrective" products over the years, and none made a difference. Since this was cheap and had good reviews, I bought it to try, but honestly wasn't expecting it to work for me. But it really does! It doesn't make my skin flawless or anything, but it makes a huge, noticeable difference in the redness.

With my rosacea comes ridiculously sensitive skin, but I've been using this for almost 2 weeks now, so I feel comfortable in saying that my finicky skin has no problem with it. I just apply my sunscreen, then a light dusting of this, and I'm good to go. It also keeps my skin matte for a reasonably long time. If I over-apply, I just mist my face with a tiny bit of water.

Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I picked this up at my Target for only $3.00! I used to use a tone correcting powder to set my concealer and foundation and I always liked that it didn't change the color of my foundation like other "translucent" powders sometimes do. When you swirl your brush around this, it comes off white, not rainbow like most think and it really does even out your skin tone. I like to wear this when I just apply moisturizer and need a little correcting too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great lightweight powder, and does tone correcting I swirl it all together and apply it over my CC or BB cream and it does help what those didn't do, I do have to reapply throughout the day but thats alright. great price and great quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff, totally a holy grail item for me! I've used it now for about 2 years, ever since a friend turned me on to it. I use the one marked 'cool', same one as in the photo, & have not tried the 'warm' or other colors-the Target near me only carries the cool & it works so well I've had no reason to really try the others. What I really love about it is that it is truly colorless & translucent. Even though it's blue pink green & yellow, swirled together it goes on colorless. And it's a fine powder, so it doesn't look heavy, cakey, or give you that overly powdery look. With regular setting powders that are in my skin tone, I have the problem of them oxidizing over the course of a few hours & looking patchy. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I always wear a separate high SPF sunscreen over my moisturizer & under my foundation or what, but either way, skin toned powders give me that problem no matter the brand. And those white HD powders can sometimes give you 'flashback' if someone takes a photo. It's finely milled enough that using it under my eyes to set my concealer isn't any problem. It doesn't tend to last as long as other powders, I have to buy it a little more frequently, & sometimes when I've gotten towards the end of it the powder may break, but that happens to me even with more expensive pressed powders, & at $3 it still winds up saving me alot of money. I love the packaging too, it's a nice, sleek compact with a good sized mirror & looks like a much more expensive item than it is. One thing I would say though is that I'm very fair skinned, so I'm not sure how this would work on a person with a darker complexion, but at $3 it's not like you'd be out much if you were to give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an awesome powder and I honestly could not do without it!!!! You can't beat the price and although I have never been a huge fan of E.L.F products I gotta say that I am in love with this tone correcting powder!!!!

This is a great powder to cover redness and uneven skin tone without having to put on a heavy foundation and is great for those days when you don't feel like putting on foundation or are going to be outdoors or at the beach and you just want to look natural. It does a beautiful job of just evening out your skin tone and mattifying your skin without looking cakey or heavy so although it is definitely not full coverage it does give you a nice natural look and brightens up your face! Like I said it is the perfect choice for times when you don't feel like putting on a lot of makeup but want to just even out your skin.

I will say that this product is not appropriate for complexions, at least all over the face, and I would only use it if you have light, fair, or medium skin tone as I think it would look too pale and chalky on darker complexions although it might be a good highlighter for woman with deeper skin tones. All in all this is a great product and the price is dirt cheap so I highly recommend it!!!! Go out and get you some!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as a setting powder for the concealer under my eyes. Using this as a setting powder gives the under eye triangle area a "lightened" appearance. I dust over it with a tinted powder from physicians formula and it keeps it lightened, but not too lightened.
I have also used it all over my face when I had extra redness and it worked well for that too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by jcoffee

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! This powder is AWESOME! I put this on after my concealer to make the areas look more natural and the other areas that do not have any makeup on it look blended. A little goes a long way. I love the packaging because loose powder always goes everywhere. This pressed powder lets you get the correct amount on your brush for the areas you need. I definitely recommend this product! The price is wonderful too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by bebokaur

I brought cool and warm, im quite impressed with this product. I used yellow under my eyes and it looked so natural and gave very light coverage. Honestly first I thought why am I buying this it might not work, but it worked great. I also used this as a all over powder to set my foundation, I swirled all the colours for that, but use only one once, do not pack this on.i swotched each colour yes they all looked white but if you look closer they actually do have a tinge of slight yellow blue green..... I would buy this again. So impressed and good price too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by BrittAm95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this little gem up after I realized my face was getting a little more red than my light summer foundation could handle. As a tone correcting, it fell short. I couldn't tell any difference between the color with the powder on or off. As a setting powder, this is perfect. I use it to set my foundation and it makes my face nice and matte. It lasts for a long time too. The packaging, as with most Elf studio products, is amazing for 3$. My only complaint is that if you don't bump off the excess very well, the product is very powdery.