E.L.F. Tone Correcting Powder

4.2

Mica, Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Boron Nitride.

on 7/26/2015 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Very chalky looking on the skin.
Did not blend well.
Product felt very cheap and of low quality.
Did not do anything as far as correcting.
Tried both shades and both were a fail.

i use this every time i do my face.

i notice a lot of the reviews mention it being too white, or leaving a chalky finish - i haven't noticed that but then i'm very pale, and like a matte finish, so i find this to be perfect.

i use a huge fluffy brush to swirl around and mix all the colours and dust it all over my face after using foundation (i use this on top of both mineral/powder foundation and traditional liquid, or tinted moisturizer types). whether or not the green does anything to help my perpetually-pink cheeks (why, yes, i have been known to use mineral concealer powder as "blush" to hide the pinkness...), i like the way the overall presence of the powder makes my skin look.

i pick up another one or two of these every time i place an e.l.f. order.

on 7/23/2015 2:48:00 PM

HG status for me I love this stuff I've used the physicians formula tone correcting powder which I like as well but lets be real it's around $12-$15 compared to $3 and this works just as well for me I typically use loose powder to set my makeup but when traveling I carry this instead since its pressed and won't end up all over everything and has the same effect I'd recommend anyone to give it a try for sure

I use this powder every and it works great. It doesn't irritate my sensitive and acne prone skin! I will absolutely repurchase!

on 5/19/2015 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

(This is a review on the cool-toned powder as I have not tried the warm one.)

I keep buying this powder again and again. The quality is amazing and it's super cheap. I use all of the colors swirled together to set my face makeup and I love it. I feel like I look brighter and more alive when I wear it and my overall skin tone appears more even. The powder itself is finely milled which makes my skin look flawless. It smooths over my imperfections (especially large pores) and leaves an airbrushed look. I've used it on it's own for a long time, but I recently have started using a setting spray and now it's even better.

Something to keep in mind is that though it's not a very pigmented powder, it can sometimes give a white cast or chalky look when applied all over. This is no problem for me, as I'm ghostly white, but it might be better to use the colors individually if you aren't so fair. The setting spray really helps cut down on the white cast.

I bought this when I was unsuccessfully looking for the NYX color correcting palette, and I'm pretty pleased with the results. I originally wanted an affordable color corrector to deal with redness on my nose (my nose is pretty big so I get uneven sun!) and under eye circles.

The website states the colors should be blended together, but I think it makes more sense to use individual colors on areas you want to correct. I apply my concealer and foundation, then use a concealer brush to set problem areas with one or two colors of powder. The yellow tone worked great for my purple under eye darkness. My eyes have never looked so bright. The green still left me with some noticeable redness, but it was a definite improvement.

Overall, I was able to get much better results with less product. I didn't have to build up concealer like I normally do, which is the biggest benefit for me because I prefer very light facial coverage. While this wasn't a problem under my eyes, the powder was slightly more chalky than I prefer for my nose.

on 4/4/2015 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a decent setting powder, but it doesn't do what it's supposed to. I like the fact that it doesn't look valet or chalky, and it does help to set my foundation, but it does absolutely nothing in terms of color correction. Will not repurchase.

on 3/10/2015 2:31:00 AM

I use this everyday and I it really is nice I use the yellow shade to set my under eyes and on days that I'm looking extra shiny I use it on my whole face and it does leave a a white powdery layer on top but I use the elf setting spray and the powderyness goes away

on 1/27/2015 8:57:00 AM

Overall I found this product quite nice. I applied it with a bare minerals brush all over my face and found that it makes pores look smaller and I was told that it made my face look airbrushed (in a good way) and if I didn't point out that I was wearing makeup no one noticed. It kinda reduces redness, not fully but it does a pretty good job of hiding it. I have pretty light skin so it worked good for me in the shade cool. The only thing I have against it is like many powders, it's drying. I bought mine at target but since target is closing I will have to stock up because I haven't seen elf products anywhere else.

on 1/4/2015 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I really like the concept of this, but this was a disappointment. It didn't correct any tone (I have some redness and some dark circles, both mostly allergy/sinus related), but this really just came out looking white and chalky. When blended in (to eliminate some of the chalky effect), it still cast a bit of a palor and still didn't correct tone.

For the price, it's probably worth trying. I don't regret buying it but won't repurchase and probably won't finish the one I have.

The packaging is very nice and almost reminds me of MAC or Nars.