September 21, 2014 | 1592 users online

Powder - E.L.F. - Tone Correcting Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great lightweight powder, and does tone correcting I swirl it all together and apply it over my CC or BB cream and it does help what those didn't do, I do have to reapply throughout the day but thats alright. great price and great quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff, totally a holy grail item for me! I've used it now for about 2 years, ever since a friend turned me on to it. I use the one marked 'cool', same one as in the photo, & have not tried the 'warm' or other colors-the Target near me only carries the cool & it works so well I've had no reason to really try the others. What I really love about it is that it is truly colorless & translucent. Even though it's blue pink green & yellow, swirled together it goes on colorless. And it's a fine powder, so it doesn't look heavy, cakey, or give you that overly powdery look. With regular setting powders that are in my skin tone, I have the problem of them oxidizing over the course of a few hours & looking patchy. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I always wear a separate high SPF sunscreen over my moisturizer & under my foundation or what, but either way, skin toned powders give me that problem no matter the brand. And those white HD powders can sometimes give you 'flashback' if someone takes a photo. It's finely milled enough that using it under my eyes to set my concealer isn't any problem. It doesn't tend to last as long as other powders, I have to buy it a little more frequently, & sometimes when I've gotten towards the end of it the powder may break, but that happens to me even with more expensive pressed powders, & at $3 it still winds up saving me alot of money. I love the packaging too, it's a nice, sleek compact with a good sized mirror & looks like a much more expensive item than it is. One thing I would say though is that I'm very fair skinned, so I'm not sure how this would work on a person with a darker complexion, but at $3 it's not like you'd be out much if you were to give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an awesome powder and I honestly could not do without it!!!! You can't beat the price and although I have never been a huge fan of E.L.F products I gotta say that I am in love with this tone correcting powder!!!!

This is a great powder to cover redness and uneven skin tone without having to put on a heavy foundation and is great for those days when you don't feel like putting on foundation or are going to be outdoors or at the beach and you just want to look natural. It does a beautiful job of just evening out your skin tone and mattifying your skin without looking cakey or heavy so although it is definitely not full coverage it does give you a nice natural look and brightens up your face! Like I said it is the perfect choice for times when you don't feel like putting on a lot of makeup but want to just even out your skin.

I will say that this product is not appropriate for complexions, at least all over the face, and I would only use it if you have light, fair, or medium skin tone as I think it would look too pale and chalky on darker complexions although it might be a good highlighter for woman with deeper skin tones. All in all this is a great product and the price is dirt cheap so I highly recommend it!!!! Go out and get you some!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as a setting powder for the concealer under my eyes. Using this as a setting powder gives the under eye triangle area a "lightened" appearance. I dust over it with a tinted powder from physicians formula and it keeps it lightened, but not too lightened.
I have also used it all over my face when I had extra redness and it worked well for that too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by jcoffee

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! This powder is AWESOME! I put this on after my concealer to make the areas look more natural and the other areas that do not have any makeup on it look blended. A little goes a long way. I love the packaging because loose powder always goes everywhere. This pressed powder lets you get the correct amount on your brush for the areas you need. I definitely recommend this product! The price is wonderful too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by bebokaur

I brought cool and warm, im quite impressed with this product. I used yellow under my eyes and it looked so natural and gave very light coverage. Honestly first I thought why am I buying this it might not work, but it worked great. I also used this as a all over powder to set my foundation, I swirled all the colours for that, but use only one once, do not pack this on.i swotched each colour yes they all looked white but if you look closer they actually do have a tinge of slight yellow blue green..... I would buy this again. So impressed and good price too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by BrittAm95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this little gem up after I realized my face was getting a little more red than my light summer foundation could handle. As a tone correcting, it fell short. I couldn't tell any difference between the color with the powder on or off. As a setting powder, this is perfect. I use it to set my foundation and it makes my face nice and matte. It lasts for a long time too. The packaging, as with most Elf studio products, is amazing for 3$. My only complaint is that if you don't bump off the excess very well, the product is very powdery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

I use this to set my under eye area and it works great. Really highlights the area without looking obvious.
It's cheap you get a ton of product and packaging is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by shoppinggirl101

I was thinking to myself when I saw this, "Oh what a pretty eye shadow palette!" lol! This is such an amazing product! I was looking for a powder for my face that would make my skin look somewhat flawless and not as red. This product does the job so well! Elf never seems to fail me. :) Anyway, this powder was like none other I had seen in the market. When you swirl all the colors together, it creates this whitish powder. Then when applied, to the face, it makes mine look like there were no imperfections! I was pleasantly surprised from the outcome. :) It works great as a finishing powder as well.

Pros:
The packaging is sleek and thin
The product does as it states
Flawless look
Corrects any redness, yellow, orange, or gray pigments
Big mirror inside
Easy application

Cons:
Does not come with an applicator

I just use my own brush. :) Give this product a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Inayah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the shade cool.

I think this is a unique product. The packaging is nice for three dollars. The product is great too. I use different shades for certain areas of my face. I use after I've applied my liquid makeup and concealers and before my powder.

I use the green shade on any dark reddness I may have on my face.
I use the yellow shade under my eyes after concealer and it helps to cover up my dark circles and helps my concealer last longer.
I mix the blue and pink to create a lavender shade and use that as a powder highlighter.

Lasting power is good for me. I find that if you use to much it can look a bit cakey. Nothing too bad though. I just apply a light amount to certain areas and it does the job pretty well. I never tried using this as a touch up powder or a setting powder for my entire face so I can't say how it works in that way. But overall I think this is great for spot treating certain areas of the face and totally worth it for three dollars. I will be buying this again.