January 31, 2015 | 971 users online

Powder - E.L.F. - Tone Correcting Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Heather999

Overall I found this product quite nice. I applied it with a bare minerals brush all over my face and found that it makes pores look smaller and I was told that it made my face look airbrushed (in a good way) and if I didn't point out that I was wearing makeup no one noticed. It kinda reduces redness, not fully but it does a pretty good job of hiding it. I have pretty light skin so it worked good for me in the shade cool. The only thing I have against it is like many powders, it's drying. I bought mine at target but since target is closing I will have to stock up because I haven't seen elf products anywhere else.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2015 2:19:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the concept of this, but this was a disappointment. It didn't correct any tone (I have some redness and some dark circles, both mostly allergy/sinus related), but this really just came out looking white and chalky. When blended in (to eliminate some of the chalky effect), it still cast a bit of a palor and still didn't correct tone.

For the price, it's probably worth trying. I don't regret buying it but won't repurchase and probably won't finish the one I have.

The packaging is very nice and almost reminds me of MAC or Nars.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by aluciano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have fair skin with mild rosacea and I really like this powder for reducing redness. I use the E.L.F. tone correcting green primer (which does not do much on its own), then blend a layer of this powder all over my face, then finish with medium-coverage foundation and sometimes a second layer of this powder to set. Used in this way it significantly reduces my redness versus primer and foundation alone. It does not make my skin flawless, but it is the best tone-correcting product I've tried. Definitely worth the $3.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by angie2015

its very white even when you mix the yellow, blue, green, and pink together but using a good blending face brush will do the job. studio line $3 tax $3.25

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by rynaga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was very skeptical of this product at first simply because I thought the cheap price would indicate it would be a poor product. I gave the product a try it surprisingly exceeded my expectations.

color: I do about one swirl of the elf powder and it hasn't given me any white cast or ashy look. My skin tone is around nc25-30. I have olive tones and most of my foundations tend to have some pink or super beige base in it (haven't found a hg foundation). When I use the powder over the foundation, I noticed my "foundationed" skin tone looking better - less pink, more neutralized and evened out. If my foundation ends up making me look more grey or ashy, this elf powder seems to make me look less washed out and bring out my skin color more afterwards. So yeah, no cast with this powder-- looks translucent but gives a neutralizing color correcting effect on me= good.

Oil control - I don't have much experience using a lot of powders, but I do know that this powder does not make me more oiler. It does give some oil control and my makeup does not feel slippery.

Packaging: I like how the packaging is simple, thin, black, and it comes with a mirror. The amount of product is good.

Price: great value price.

Overall: would buy again. Great price. Nice packaging. I like how the powder serves two purposes for me - oil control and color corrector. I feel like it does have some contribution in neutralizing the off colored foundation on me - but for me, it is a desired effect and doesn't make me look worse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. It is an excellent setting powder. It truly finishes my makeup with an airbrushed effect. I have bought many of these. I even carry one in my bag. My only caution is to be light while swirling in the pan. It sometimes can deposit the color... which is easy to remedy. I swirl the whole things and sometimes I feel like I can see the blue. At this price, give it a try. It works great on my summer medium and winter light/fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

This is amazing stuff! I have fair skin and mild rosacea, so a fair amount of redness on my cheeks and nose. I've tried a variety of "corrective" products over the years, and none made a difference. Since this was cheap and had good reviews, I bought it to try, but honestly wasn't expecting it to work for me. But it really does! It doesn't make my skin flawless or anything, but it makes a huge, noticeable difference in the redness.

With my rosacea comes ridiculously sensitive skin, but I've been using this for almost 2 weeks now, so I feel comfortable in saying that my finicky skin has no problem with it. I just apply my sunscreen, then a light dusting of this, and I'm good to go. It also keeps my skin matte for a reasonably long time. If I over-apply, I just mist my face with a tiny bit of water.

Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I picked this up at my Target for only $3.00! I used to use a tone correcting powder to set my concealer and foundation and I always liked that it didn't change the color of my foundation like other "translucent" powders sometimes do. When you swirl your brush around this, it comes off white, not rainbow like most think and it really does even out your skin tone. I like to wear this when I just apply moisturizer and need a little correcting too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great lightweight powder, and does tone correcting I swirl it all together and apply it over my CC or BB cream and it does help what those didn't do, I do have to reapply throughout the day but thats alright. great price and great quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff, totally a holy grail item for me! I've used it now for about 2 years, ever since a friend turned me on to it. I use the one marked 'cool', same one as in the photo, & have not tried the 'warm' or other colors-the Target near me only carries the cool & it works so well I've had no reason to really try the others. What I really love about it is that it is truly colorless & translucent. Even though it's blue pink green & yellow, swirled together it goes on colorless. And it's a fine powder, so it doesn't look heavy, cakey, or give you that overly powdery look. With regular setting powders that are in my skin tone, I have the problem of them oxidizing over the course of a few hours & looking patchy. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I always wear a separate high SPF sunscreen over my moisturizer & under my foundation or what, but either way, skin toned powders give me that problem no matter the brand. And those white HD powders can sometimes give you 'flashback' if someone takes a photo. It's finely milled enough that using it under my eyes to set my concealer isn't any problem. It doesn't tend to last as long as other powders, I have to buy it a little more frequently, & sometimes when I've gotten towards the end of it the powder may break, but that happens to me even with more expensive pressed powders, & at $3 it still winds up saving me alot of money. I love the packaging too, it's a nice, sleek compact with a good sized mirror & looks like a much more expensive item than it is. One thing I would say though is that I'm very fair skinned, so I'm not sure how this would work on a person with a darker complexion, but at $3 it's not like you'd be out much if you were to give it a try.