April 18, 2014 | 934 users online

Powder - E.L.F. - Tone Correcting Powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by kaitlynndiane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder does not work very well as a tone correcting powder (it does a little but not much), however it is the BEST setting powder especially for $3. And it even lasts for a good while.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by pleasetryharder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

after reading reviews here, i bought the product as more of a setting powder than an actual tone correcting powder like people suggested. i love it! i love the convenient packaging and how it doesn't lool cakey on my skin. my HG drugstore powder was rimmel stay matte powder (which i still like), but i find this e.l.f one is less cakey over my foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A long time ago I used the guerlain meteorites and I loved them. I saw this and decided to give it a try. It does a little correcting but is pretty powdery and if you are not careful you will get a "white mask" I have used this as my on the go setting powder and it works very well. It's silky and soft and goes on the the HG powders but it's in a compact solid form. Plus it gives a hint of color which is better than the complete translucent powder.

The compact is sturdy. It doesn't come with or have room for a brush but I can carry a travel brush that will take care of that.

I will probably purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by obsessedwithtaylor

I ordered this in cool from the e.l.f. website a couple weeks ago, and I must say, I love it. Although this doesn't seem to offer much tone correcting, I do believe that it helps a little. And it works wonderfully as a setting powder. It is very satiny and soft, and gives a great natural finish to my face. My foundations stays in place much longer with this over the top, and I absolutely love the sturdy black high end-looking packaging with a fantastic full sized mirror inside. Will purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

I can't tell if this does correct skin tones because I wear it over foundation but I feel like it does control shine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Honestly, I got this because I wanted to try a corecting powder but did not expect any real results. I got this in cool and I am NW20. So far the colors don't really "correct" the redness I have in spots or sallow spots, under eye circles, etc. It just dims them. This is more suited as a setting powder like the other reviewers suggest. If you use it for that it is nice and does take the edge off the uneven tones.

What I do with it is use it in place of a setting powder when I am rushing (nice compact for your bag) and use it when I am using just concealer and nothing else. Just using it with concealer days gives my face a more even look without foundation.

I hope this helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by bearpause

Started off with the cool powder, liked it. I did use colors on targeted areas and then dusted more on my face and it did the job of any powder- set and made it look nicer. I hit pan, and then got the warm powder ($1.50 on offer) because I'm an NC20. Still prefer the cool because the Warm has little tiny shimmers in it and I don't like that in a setting powder, but it's barely noticeable. I'll use both up, and move on to other powders. (I use others, too.) For $3, I would still recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive powder to try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For $3, this makes a very nice setting powder for fair skintones. I am NW15 in MAC with normal-dry skin, and this works nicely for me as a light setting powder. This doesn't work miracles in the tone correcting department, and it probably would not work well for darker skintones. If you have major issues it won't fix or cover them, but I primarily use this as a setting powder in my travel kit, and for that, it works great. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Let's be realistic here: don't expect this to work miracles on the most ruddy/shallow/uneven/pale skin. At most, the powder may take the edge off of things, but it's not going to convert the most problematic skin tones to smooth, glowing porcelain. It does apply smoothly and blends easily without too much chalkiness; however, darker skin tones may find it's too light for them. It absorbs shine for most of the day, though I will disclose that I use primers underneath my foundation.

Still, for $3, you can't go wrong. It's a worthwhile purchase from e.l.f.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by NiaMunster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started using the tone correcting powder in cool and for me well I can't really tell a difference but I do love using this just as a finishing powder.then a correcting powder. Makes my skin matte which I need since I have oily skin.