December 21, 2014 | 866 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - Be Somebody

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I pretty much agree with everyone here, moisturizing product - but smells bad & probably overpriced. In an effort to aid in describing the scent..imagine opening a box of crayons, that plastic, waxy smell is what this reminds me of.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2005 10:03:00 PM More reviews by nann1028

This cream is very greasy (definitely leaves oily residue), and I only use it in the wintertime before I go to bed. As other people have indicated, the scent isn't great; it's just like other Philosophy products. It is, however, rather moisturizing, but it does not work miracles in the long-run for dry, patchy skin. If compared to other less expensive body lotions/creams I use at night (i.e., Eucerin or Lubriderm), Philosophy's Be Somebody is at the bottom of my list.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2004 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Afternoon_Sunshine

This lotion does make my skin soft, I see better result than any other lotion I ever used. However, like everyone else here, I cannot stand the smell of it. So my way of dealing with this is -- put it on my behind =P hehe. It does change the skin for the better! And I don't have to live with the smell that way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2004 10:31:00 PM More reviews by beauty_junky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really out this product to the test. I have dry feet and for over a week used this on one foot and l'oocitane on the other foot. They both looked equally moisturized and pretty much kept my tootsies from peeling. Pros: light lotion would be good for warmer weather when you dont want a thick lotion.
Moisturizes quite well. Aborbs quickly. Con: SMELLS BAD! I wouldnt use this if I have a date or something.
I might buy this again but l'occitane is still my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2004 12:44:00 PM More reviews by isis1234

Performance: This lotion is way too greasy, and doesn't feel like it moisturizes that well.

Fragrance: This is the worst smelling lotion I have ever used! I can't even describe what it smells like.

Packaging: Typical Philosophy packaging; simple with blurbs containing words of wisdom on the side. I love Philosophy packaging.

Price: Way too expensive for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2004 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i got this in a cool philosophy tin container i LOVE this moisturizer. no mineral oil it's unscented and it works awesome. Since i tan i need something for dry skin and without mineral oil. i will definately buy this. I am usually spending 20 or so dollars on a moisturizer at my tanning salon so the price really didn't deter me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2004 11:05:00 AM More reviews by alexmain

I received this in a mini size bottle as a gift along with other philosophy products. This stuff smelled really artificial and I only wear it to bed. It feels more like a lotion than a body cream, but it does moisturize well. Nothing special though for its steep price. I wouldn't purchase this in a full size bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2004 9:28:00 PM More reviews by vfer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the Philosophy irony: almost all their skin care products smell bad or funny. Yet, I LOVE their Amazing Grace products.

"Be Somebody" leaves you smelling like a wet dog!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2003 4:24:00 AM More reviews by saranja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS: Highly Moisturizing. Great for extra dry skin. Also unscented, so won't bother sensitive skin.

CONS: If you like a scented cream, do not buy this. Expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2003 6:00:00 AM More reviews by fon_ka

I got this in small size long time ago. I think it smells awful but the moisturizer does really good job on how it sinks into the dry & crack skin and it leaves skin smooth feeling. I won't buy this product anyway.