Laura Mercier Sparkling

on 1/9/2015 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just OK kind of sheer. Wish it was more visible. This gloss smells like Play Doh so that's why I decided not to purchase.

on 3/2/2013 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this in one of the 500 VIB benefit packages from Sephora. It seems the perfect foil for the Black Karat mineral shadow and liner that were also included in the package. On me it's kind of a neutral shimmer, more peachy and mod than gold. I think it's slightly warm, which isn't usually my thing, and also seems in contrast to the greenish tint of the Black Karat, but somehow it all works together. I also wear it when I want a neutral lip look, although sometimes it's a bit too bland for that.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora. I am a major lip gloss fan, but haven't been as impressed with Laura Mercier products as most have. The color appears to be a shimmering peachy pink. However once I applied I found it to be kind of dark. On my fair skin this looked almost brown on me. I cannot figure out why the shade is so different. On the applicator it really is a beautiful color. The gloss itself was alright - nothing special. I felt it had a funny smell to it. The scent was like bad vanilla cupcake. In the end not impressed. I would prefer the color true and the scent not icky.

Recommended for Medium Skin