April 19, 2014 | 1902 users online

Lip Gloss - Laura Mercier - Sparkling

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by kinonyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in one of the 500 VIB benefit packages from Sephora. It seems the perfect foil for the Black Karat mineral shadow and liner that were also included in the package. On me it's kind of a neutral shimmer, more peachy and mod than gold. I think it's slightly warm, which isn't usually my thing, and also seems in contrast to the greenish tint of the Black Karat, but somehow it all works together. I also wear it when I want a neutral lip look, although sometimes it's a bit too bland for that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora. I am a major lip gloss fan, but haven't been as impressed with Laura Mercier products as most have. The color appears to be a shimmering peachy pink. However once I applied I found it to be kind of dark. On my fair skin this looked almost brown on me. I cannot figure out why the shade is so different. On the applicator it really is a beautiful color. The gloss itself was alright - nothing special. I felt it had a funny smell to it. The scent was like bad vanilla cupcake. In the end not impressed. I would prefer the color to.be true and the scent not icky.