Maybelline hyper sharp liner

3.7

on 5/17/2015 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Don't buy this product. The nip does not work properly and after few uses you won't be able to use it again, as the ink does not flow to the nip. Not at all worth. DON'T BUY.

on 4/6/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Cheapest eyeliner i've ever used.
But you get what you pay.

This eyeliner is just stay for 1-3 hours only if using in indoor only.
This eyeliner is also not waterproof and smudge proof at all, after several hours sweating you can see it gotten worse in your under eyes, all the excess of it.

it also dries faster even when you close it properly.
Better find another eyeliner.

on 4/3/2015 11:51:00 AM

Best liquid liner as far, perfect for amateurs and beginners. Very convenient to use, perfect packaging, and it lines on my lids so perfectly. The result is magical. Dries quickly. It's not really waterproof though, if you're sweating too much it will smudge. It's a bit pricey for me. I'll give straight-5 stars if Maybelline increase the water/sweatproof ability of this product

Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner is the most convenient felt tip liner I have ever used. Hence, I would say that this would be the perfect liner for amateurs and for those are yet to try felt tip liners. The sharp tip.. read detailed review here:Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner Black Review

continued >>

I bought the black version of this and was not disappointed at all.

Price: Although it's a little pricey for me, it's completely worth it.
Packaging: I honestly don't pay too much attention to the packaging but it did state a few useful things such as the fact that it is water and smudge proof (WHICH IS GREAT) and it has a picture of it on an eye to give an indication as to how thick the eyeliner is made for.

My eyes do get oily throughout the day and usually at night, after a full day of activities, I find that my eyeliner is still going on strong. So it's good to know that the smudge proof statement is actually quite true. As for waterproof, I have never swam with it on so I'm not sure how that will play out if I ever do swim with it BUT I have accidentally gone in the shower with it on but found that most of the eyeliner was still there. I think as long as you don't rub your eyelids while it's really wet then you're good. Under the rain or getting accidental splashes on your eyelids won't do much harm to the eyeliner - just make sure to do a touch up.

It's a very good product in my opinion and I will always go back to repurchase.

on 7/8/2014 10:00:00 AM

I got this while I was on holiday in Asia for around 4/$6USD/$7AUD and it was well worth it! The packaging is typical Maybelline eyeliner packaging, so nothing new. My eyelids do tend to get oily, especially if it's a bit hot out and this stays, surprisingly! It isn't the BLACKEST eyeliner I've used but definitely doesn't have a gray-ish kind of appearance like alot of eyeliners do. I really enjoy the fact that the tip of the eyeliner pen is very precise, so extremely easy to get your eyeliner matching.. Especially if your daily eyeliner is a cat eye! Would definitely recommend, however I can't find this back home :(

on 1/2/2014 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought it because of the cheap prize and the pen. I can't use liquid eyeliner, since it's like the pen, i can use this easily :") It last all day and nice pigmentation.

BUT TODAY, today is very hot day. The eyeliner melted and smudged under my eyes, I have dark circles, this eyeliner make dark circles like 2 or 3 shades darker

on 4/30/2013 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this liquid eyeliner! In fact, I love it so much I have backups! It's a very smooth, pigmented eyeliner with a very thin precise tip that makes it perfect for lining your top lid, and building up the thickness of your line as you go along. It doesn't stray or melt during the day and has proven to be quite waterproof - very important to me as I live in a very humid city! If you're looking for an affordable, effective eyeliner I would recommend you to try this one from Maybelline.

UPDATE 23/9/2013
I've removed 2 lippies from this as I've found better. I noticed flaws from this ever since I tried out Heroine Makeup's Liquid Eyeliner (It's amazing). Upon comparison, Maybelline's hyper sharp liner, isn't the sharpest, it isn't the most pigmented, and takes quite a while to dry - which doesn't bode well for those without much lid space as it will transfer if you don't give it a minute to settle. Also, it isn't the prettiest after a night out. Heroine Makeup's eyeliner doesn't have any of these problems, so I wouldn't be repurchasing Maybelline's hyper sharp liner in the future!

on 3/28/2013 10:10:00 AM

I bought this at the drugstore and this was the only one available at the Maybelline counter. This works pretty well because it has a fine brush which works to define your eyes while allowing you to apply close to the lashline. The only thing I dislike about this is that it has a tendency to smudge, especially at the outer ends of the eye. When I do a wingtip, a few hours later I can see a slight smudge underneath. Ugh. Other than that, I really love the brush applicator. I just wish it was more long-lasting and smudge-proof.

I love this product! I'm currently wearing it everyday.. The price is reasonable for the quality and I will definitely buy it again!