April 18, 2014 | 1376 users online

Polishes - OPI - My Very First Knockwurst

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful pale/nude/mauve color! Lasts really good and looks amazing. I love to wear this color for summer.
The application is very easy. I only use 2 coats to get an opaque finish. It dries fast. I find this color looks good on both toes and fingers and I will definitely buy this one again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have quite pale, cool skin (pink and blue undertones). It's very hard to find an opaque neutral that works with my complexion. Some are too white, some are too brown, some are too pink, some are too peach, some are too yellow... I tried this one on the recommendation of some helpful ladies on the nail board and I'm not displeased with it, though it's not my favourite. It's wearable on me, though I mostly got it to use as undies for other polishes, glitters, etc., and for that purpose it's excellent.

Coverage is very good, and the formula is nice, very smooth application. I could have gotten away with one coat if I was using it just as undies, because it was pretty much opaque with one coat, and not really very streaky (surprisingly!). I did put on two coats to see how that looked and it's a quite nice, putty-coloured, opaque nude on me. It appears to have a very slight, dusty lilac undertone (quite visible in the bottle when it sits on my desk in indirect, warm, artificial light). Overall, I'd call this a soft, somewhat muted, pale, beige-pink (though it's not so pink that it makes my complextion look sallow, as so many pinks do). I could probably wear it on its own and it would look okay, nice and clean and neat, but it's a little too "mannequin hands" for my taste. If you like that look, though, and you have pale, cool skin, I'd say give this a try.

I will be very happy to keep using this as undies, or as a base for certain kinds of nail art (opaque half moons, for example). I probably wouldn't buy this again, but it's a worthwhile addition to my collection, for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by thejacks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

one of the few light colors on the rack at the manicurist. not being a red person i went for this. on my NC20 coloring it is very nice. it is cool and pinky with the slightest lilac color. it is feminine and many oufits will work with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I picked this color for my manicure today and its love at first sight. Its a nice pink and a "my nails but better color". This shade is a light pink with a touch of lilac which works in favor with my NC40 skin tone. 2 coats and you will be all set. My fav pink nude.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard great things about this shade from a You Tube guru. So I took the plunge and bought this from Amazon. Its a nice neutral nude pink that is not too light. I recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love the application of OPI polishes and that they last for about a week without chipping.

This colour is a nice nude with a bit of a lilacy tinge which looks great in the bottle but not on my nails.
I've only worn it once and I didn't like it so I'm probably giving it away to a friend who might enjoy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think everyone's pretty much summed this polish up. It's a lovely nude color that's just this side of cool. Most nude shades go gray or brown on me, but this one is just perfect. I'm very pale with pink undertones, and this color results in a perfect creme nude nail. Very clean and polished looking, and if you are concerned with such things, it makes your fingers and nails look longer, I didn't have high hopes by just seeing it in the bottle. I was afraid it would be another milky "white out" effect. It's not like that at all. It's one of those things that looks much better on, Best OPI color I've purchased in a long time. From the other posts, it appears it works for many different skintones, I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by SkekTek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure about this one as I don't normally wear nudes. I think I really like it but it's taking me a while to get used to it. It's quite a complex colour, in some lights it looks cream, others a dusky pink, and others it takes on a more lilac or putty colour. I think it's going to be a useful addition to my collection, and the formula is amazing, dry in seconds and you only need 2 think coats.

Edit: took it down to 3 lippies, I'm just not sold on it and I'm going to give it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by carakitty5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore dusty blush pink-type colors, so I was quite thrilled with the swatches of this polish. I had been wanting the whole OPI Germany collection, but this is a very subtle, flattering color for my fair neutral-toned skin.

The formula was a bit streaky at first, but it can be remedied by waiting for the coats to dry a little more. I'm also not incredibly fond of the wide brush, as my nails are pretty narrow, but this is such a lovely color, I took advantage of a BOGO half off sale and bought two bottles. I think this is a solid work appropriate color, and would also layer well under many colors of glitter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

This is one of my favorite shades to wear to work. I have to wear nuetral colors and this is pretty simple but the pinkish lilac undertones give it a little something extra. Doesn't look "grandma" at all and i can wear it for a long time before it chips.