October 1, 2014 | 1795 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - hairdresser's invisible oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received two sample vials of this from my salon, and I'm really surprised by how much I like it. My hair is very fine, but there's a lot of it, and a lot of styling oils weigh it down and give me a greasy look. This oil is very lightweight and doesn't weigh down my hair at all. I use it when my hair is wet, right before blow drying, and I feel like it does quite well with heat protection. My hair feels soft and healthy even after all the heat styling that I subject it to. I would definitely consider shelling out the money for the full size bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by mtalla27

Ok so after a stop off at Blue Mercury I sampled the new B&B invisible oil. Let me just start off by saying that I have never been all that impressed with any B&B products. They are average at best, but way overpriced. The sales girl assured me that this was going to be lighter than my morroccan hair oil, which was my main attraction to this product. After trying this out at home I wanted more. Haven't gone back to repurchase--yet. However, now that my sample is all used up I may have to consider biting the bullet. This is definitely a lighter weight oil than most on the market and has an incredible scent. Once I can get past the price tag I will buy a bottle.

Overall it made my hair silky, smooth and shiny. Would suggest this oil to someone who is looking for alternative to their morroccan oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by curemyson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a hairdresser so I have tried everything! This oil is amazing. It works on all types of hair and leaves it soft and shiny but not greasy at all. I like it better than Moroccan oil which I find can weight certain hair types down.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

To me, this product performs very similarly to Moroccan Oil - it is another viscous, full-bodied silicone-oil hybrid serum that offers conditioning, heat protection, and shine. Like MO, I found that this left my palms and the ends of my fine, dense, light-colored hair looking and feeling rather greasy even after a light application. If you have normal to coarse strands, damage, lots of texture, or especially dry hair, this would probably be a better fit. I personally prefer lighter-bodied silicone-oil serums, like Paul Mitchell's Wild Ginger styling oil or L'Oreal's drugstore Nutri-sleek serum, but I'm glad that I received a sample of this product to try out. This product is clear and should not stain or discolor silver, blond, or white hair. As with all B&b products, the packaging is very cute and functional, although you don't get much for your money. The scent is a dead-ringer for the drydown of Burberry Brit, so if you're looking for a product like this and wear Brit often, I think they would make a great match. I personally won't be buying a bottle, but this does exactly what it is supposed to do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I got this as a sample to try and I've used it 4 times. Two times were fine - my hair was very soft, even too soft, and it looked shiny. That time I wasn't in a humid area and spent most of that weekend in the shade. When I used it twice with the shampoo and conditioner that come in the product family, my hair was dull and felt dry. Granted, it was a weekend spent outside with full-on Chicago humidity but still. No frizz, but too dry and lifeless. I won't be purchasing it, but I was glad to have tried it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 3:37:00 AM More reviews by hellokitty69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE it! It makes my dead hair feel soft. I always use it after i shower and so far it hasn't let me down. I plan on buying more when i run out c:

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by bul79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After years (and I dread to think how much money spent) trying to 'thin' down my puffy, dry, over processed blonde hair, I have FINALLY found my HG product. I've tried loads of high end products but nothing compares to this. I tried this oil as my hair seems to love oil (Moroccanoil) more than creams or serums etc which usually weigh it down.

I usually work a couple of pumps through the ends of my damp hair after shampooing and conditioning with the Pureology Hydrate range (tip - if you have really thick hair that takes ages to dry, pat with kitchen roll instead of a towel after showering to absorb most of the water before drying with heat. It takes out LOADS of water and knocks down the drying time).

I then rough dry carefully to about 80%, then section off and run a drop more through the ends of each section and blow dry it smooth. As my hair seems to 'drink up' any product, I find I do need a lot of this oil. I'm using about 5/6 pumps every time I wash my hair so this is REALLY expensive but what it does to my hair is completely worth it.

After years of battling with dry/chewy ends and spending so much time trying to coax my hair to be 'flatter' (if you have puffy hair you'll know what I mean!) this does the trick. It turns my whole head of hair from puffy and coarse into shiny thin virgin hair!! (from my childhood). So soft and flat I can't stop running my hands through it.

I absolutely recommend trying this if you have dry/puffy hair. The price is ridiculous but it's worth it as I can just wash and blow dry my hair and leave it alone until the next wash which I have NEVER been able to do with any other product.

Marked down for price and the packaging which is too bright.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by alexplastic

Best oil I have tried for my thin and fine hair. Moroccan oil was a disaster on me, this feels much lighter. It hasn't transformed my hair but it definitely makes it look a little more polished and smooth. I run it over my ends, never above my ears so I haven't noticed any additional greasiness.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

Meh, only for those with very fine hair. Need to control it since otherwise gets too greasy. I saw no discernible difference. For those with thicker hair you are much better off using something with more body and using less, I think Moroccan oil, argan oil and macadamia lines are much better and protect my hair more. I got halfway through and tossed this. A little does nothing but too much gets greasy. I would only recommend for dry, fine hair.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by IamDirtyandNeedaBath

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have long baby fine, wavy, virgin hair. My hair gets weighed down easily from oils, so I find this to be the perfect texture. A salon stylist recommended this product to me because I told her I wanted to control frizz and let it air dry with my natural waves.

The first time I used the product I noticed a difference, it worked much better than any of the other oils or serums I've tried. I use 2 pumps of it and my hair is a couple of inches past BSL, so that's the perfect amount for me.

I like the little orange bottle and the ease of how the pump works (I'm all about packaging).

I also like that there's no protein added to this product, since my hair doesn't do well with a lot of protein, especially leave on products, and that seems hard to find these days.