Bumble & Bumble hairdresser's invisible oil

3.4

Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Ethylhexyl Olivate, Isododecane, Dimethiconol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Bis-Cetearyl Amodimethicone, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Squalene, Tocopherol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Fragrance.

on 5/27/2015 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Love this product! I use it once after I towel dry my hair and once again after I blow dry it, only from mid-shaft to ends. I try to keep it off the roots, but will lightly apply if i have fly-aways.
The only downside is, it's quite pricey, but I can see a little bit goes a long way, so this will probably last me a long time.

on 5/24/2015 3:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought this oil in hope it will tame down the frizz to the ends plus I was happy to learn it also works as a sunscreen. But it turned out to be horrible - no matter how much I put my hair looks super greasy, it looks like it coats every single hair strand and the result is just not pretty at all. Maybe these are silicones which are guilty for that. Anyway, I paid a fortune for it and now I don't know what to do with it.

on 5/13/2015 5:32:00 PM

Meh. It's very lightweight which is great, but it doesn't do much for frizz or styling or even detangling on it's own. I seriously have to layer this with other product to make it worth my while and since I'm lazy, I don't want to...

on 5/8/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A lovely oil, but unfortunately just too much for my hair. It does tame the fluffiness I get sometimes, but it also seems to weigh the hair down as the day goes on.

on 10/8/2014 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is probably one of the products I'm most excited to write a review about. I moved half a year ago and found a new salon that a lot of people online recommended. They use all Bumble & Bumble products. I can confidently say it was the best haircut I've ever gotten. I have high maintenance, curly, unruly, THICK, and frizz-prone hair. This stuff makes my hair look like a Pantene Pro-V commercial model's hair. I use it after I do a blowout with a round brush using a touch of the b&b straight blow dry cream and my hair becomes soft, silky, and luxurious. I need to mention that I've been to salons in the past that never thought I could achieve smooth hair. It takes some work, but this product is a life saver. It also actually protects your hair from heat so it not only makes your hair look amazing, it also shields it so it continues to look amazing. b&b products are expensive, but it's really worth it in my opinion. I'd really like to try the Hairdresser's Oil shampoo and conditioner as well.

on 10/1/2014 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I received two sample vials of this from my salon, and I'm really surprised by how much I like it. My hair is very fine, but there's a lot of it, and a lot of styling oils weigh it down and give me a greasy look. This oil is very lightweight and doesn't weigh down my hair at all. I use it when my hair is wet, right before blow drying, and I feel like it does quite well with heat protection. My hair feels soft and healthy even after all the heat styling that I subject it to. I would consider shelling out the money for the full size bottle.

on 8/18/2014 4:06:00 PM

Ok so after a stop off at Blue Mercury I sampled the new B&B invisible oil. Let me just start off by saying that I have never been all that impressed with any B&B products. They are average at best, but way overpriced. The sales girl assured me that this was going to be lighter than my morroccan hair oil, which was my main attraction to this product. After trying this out at home I wanted more. Haven't gone back to repurchase--yet. However, now that my sample is all used up I may have to consider biting the bullet. This is definitely a lighter weight oil than most on the market and has an incredible scent. Once I can get past the price tag I will buy a bottle.

Overall it made my hair silky, smooth and shiny. Would suggest this oil to someone who is looking for alternative to their morroccan oil.

on 8/4/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am a hairdresser so I have tried everything! This oil is amazing. It works on all types of hair and leaves it soft and shiny but not greasy at all. I like it better than Moroccan oil which I find can weight certain hair types down.

on 7/27/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

To me, this product performs very similarly to Moroccan Oil - it is another viscous, full-bodied silicone-oil hybrid serum that offers conditioning, heat protection, and shine. Like MO, I found that this left my palms and the ends of my fine, dense, light-colored hair looking and feeling rather greasy even after a light application. If you have normal to coarse strands, damage, lots of texture, or especially dry hair, this would probably be a better fit. I personally prefer lighter-bodied silicone-oil serums, like Paul Mitchell's Wild Ginger styling oil or L'Oreal's drugstore Nutri-sleek serum, but I'm glad that I received a sample of this product to try out. This product is clear and should not stain or discolor silver, blond, or white hair. As with all B&b products, the packaging is very cute and functional, although you don't get much for your money. The scent is a dead-ringer for the drydown of Burberry Brit, so if you're looking for a product like this and wear Brit often, I think they would make a great match. I personally won't be buying a bottle, but this does exactly what it is supposed to do.

on 7/23/2014 1:14:00 PM

I got this as a sample to try and I've used it 4 times. Two times were fine - my hair was very soft, even too soft, and it looked shiny. That time I wasn't in a humid area and spent most of that weekend in the shade. When I used it twice with the shampoo and conditioner that come in the product family, my hair was dull and felt dry. Granted, it was a weekend spent outside with full-on Chicago humidity but still. No frizz, but too dry and lifeless. I won't be purchasing it, but I was glad to have tried it.

Top Rated Bumble & Bumble Products