April 20, 2014 | 878 users online

Eye Shadow - Milani - Powder Eyeshadow - Pitch Black

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by gwenieveresalazar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

amazing black! super pigmented. Plus you get a tone of product for your money. The only down side is that it is so fragile. I kept it in my makeup bag for one day in my purse and it shattered :( but it's only 5$ so I don't mind buying again

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by swethatelkar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I hate to bring the rating down. But I am not crazy about this eyeshadow. I saw temptalia's swatch and thought I should get it and ordered it from cherryculture.com and was super excited to try it. The problem is it has ton of fall out and I end up with fall out under my eye after I use it. Coming to the worse part, the eye shadow broke and the pieces fell all over my carpet and it made my carpet dirty. Not sure if the product is dry but it didn't live up to my high expectations. Needless to say I will not be purchasing it again and I might just put it in the trash. Not worth the effort I put in cleaning the carpet after each use. On the other hand, WnW's Panther is so much better, it's not as black as Milani's pitch black but it has less fall out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by gracepluszero

I'm really pleasantly surprised to find this amazing eyeshadow in the drug store at $4. It is supremely pigmented - comparable to MUFE and MAC eyeshadows easily, along with its blendability. I have dropped mine a few times, and it never breaks or cracks open. It is very buildable and looks great with or without a primer. Super versatile, does not irritate my skin or eyes, and stays matte for over 18 hours. I honestly can say one of the best eyeshadows I have used in a very long time, and hands down the best drug store eye shadow you can buy there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've seen swatches comparing the matte black powder eyeshadows offered by various brands, and Urban Decay's "Blackout" usually comes out on top in terms of pigmentation, opacity, and "blackness." I don't own "Blackout," but it wouldn't surprise me if a comparison of Milani's Powder Eyeshadow in "Pitch Black" against Urban Decay's "Blackout" resulted in a Milani win.

This eyeshadow is SO pigmented if I barely touch the bristles of my angled liner brush to its surface, It will pick up enough shadow to draw a dark, dense line across my upper lashline. The line is *so* dark and opaque it looks like I've used a liquid liner.

Not to mention, the Milani Powder Eyeshadow is a bargain. It's a Limited Edition product - as far as I know sold ONLY at CVS Stores, cvs.com, and the Milani website. Price varies from $4.49-5.99, depending on where you purchase.

However, Milani "Pitch Black" is a generous .11 oz., whereas Urban Decay's eyeshadows are .05 oz. This means the Milani Powder Eyeshadows sell for approx. $53.00/oz. (if you pay the higher price of $5.99 per shadow on the Milani website), versus $360.00/oz. for Urban Decay's shadows ($18.00 per shadow).

Love it!