April 24, 2014 | 1936 users online

Other - LUSH - Toothy Tabs - Ultrablast

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I've used multiple toothy tabs from Lush and I have to say they're probably the best toothpastes I've ever used. Ultrablast was the first one I tried and while it made my teeth super clean and a fair bit whiter, I won't be repurchasing this particular kind due to the flavor. I love mint and lavendar, so I figured from the ingredients those would be the dominant flavors, but nope! The wasabi came out full swing. It's an acquired taste I think, some people like it, some people don't. I don't like wasabi to begin with, so I think putting it in toothpaste form made it worse for me. Will definitely repurchase the toothy tabs, but not the Ultrablast kind

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isn't AS bad as people make it out to be. It's got a unique, spicy taste, but it's not rancid or terrible. Just different. But I noticed it doesn't lather as much as the other toothy tabs, even using full size tab (I usually split them in half). There are better toothy tabs there anyways, I suppose this would function better as a novelty item.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by GardenValleyGirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not a fan of Ultrablast but other "flavors" are awesome. I, too, thought Ultrablast was vary hard to chew; also ordered Chou-Chou and one time they were soft and the second time they were hard like Ultrablast. I love Breath of God and Atomic, pruchased several times and always soft and foamy. Don't write them off after trying just one kind.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

These Toothy Tabs are just awful. I bought a box of the Dirty tabs and absolutely hated them, and since then I have received samples of two more flavors. I can hardly believe it, but I think Ultrablast is worse than Dirty.
Ultrablast contains wasabi, lavender, peppermint, and spearmint. If you think that combination sounds kinda gross, you're right. All I taste is the wasabi. After brushing with these, I'm left with the nastiest taste in my mouth, like I just ate Chinese food. Not refreshing at all.
Also, similar to my experience with the Dirty tabs, brushing with these is such a pain. I find it hard to completely crush these up with your teeth, and I will often literally cut my gums brushing with a big, sharp piece that I missed crunching up. These foam up decently and my teeth feel clean enough, but the leftover taste is just too much for me. Seriously, just stick to your regular toothpaste.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Gangajee

ONe of the best toothy tabs ! always get a compliment on my breath after that one.

(Price is reasonable for a toothpaste !
The only thing is the box if left in damp areas or long time after buying goes quiet rapidly soft and berky ! when it is better when the tabs stays crunchy . enjoyed putting them in a small tin and using them in my travels and offering them to my friends as small funny gift !)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 6:39:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that I WILL be using these and I WILL be purchasing more, just not in Ultrablast.
Pros:
I like the fact that it kills germs
Compact, easy for travel
Cute idea

Cons:
I expected a bad taste, but not for there to be no minty clean feeling.
It doesn't foam enough to feel like tootpaste, so my gums get raw from the toothbrush
I don't think it fixes bad breath

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Ultraviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Me: What are these things?

LUSHette: Toothy Tabs! They're like toothpaste.

Me: Uhm. They're little Chicklet things.

LUSHette: I know, but you crush them between your front teeth, and use a wet toothbrush to clean your teeth! Did you want to try one?

In mortal fear of foaming at the mouth in public, I politely declined and took home a sample.

After I ignored my mental model of normal toothpaste, I was actually surprised at how effective these tabs were at cleaning my teeth. After a three-minute brushing, I felt as if I had a dental cleaning the previous day.

The foaming action was a bit odd, but not much different from using a peroxide-based toothpaste. After the second minute, the foam had stopped--but I could still feel tiny bits of the tabs scrubbing about.

I chose Ultrablast flavor as it seemed to be the most aligned with toothpaste's purpose (to kill germs) and least gag-inducing (assuming I would have that reaction in the first place). I'm a fan of spicy/strong flavors, however, so it's logical that I would love wasabi and spearmint.

To that note, if you're not a fan of typically over-sweetened (regardless of type of "sweetening" agent) toothpastes, you'll likely find these tabs appealing from a flavor standpoint alone. If, however, you do like mint lollipops...these tabs may be a stark contrast to your brushing expectations.

Try a sample of these. If you can get over any "this-isn't-toothpaste" reaction, you'll likely be surprised. Added plus? These are GREAT for traveling.