LUSH Toothy Tabs - Ultrablast

on 4/23/2014 9:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've used multiple toothy tabs from Lush and I have to say they're probably the best toothpastes I've ever used. Ultrablast was the first one I tried and while it made my teeth super clean and a fair bit whiter, I won't be repurchasing this particular kind due to the flavor. I love mint and lavendar, so I figured from the ingredients those would be the dominant flavors, but nope! The wasabi came out full swing. It's an acquired taste I think, some people like it, some people don't. I don't like wasabi to begin with, so I think putting it in toothpaste form made it worse for me. Will definitely repurchase the toothy tabs, but not the Ultrablast kind

on 5/20/2013 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This isn't AS bad as people make it out to be. It's got a unique, spicy taste, but it's not rancid or terrible. Just different. But I noticed it doesn't lather as much as the other toothy tabs, even using full size tab (I usually split them in half). There are better toothy tabs there anyways, I suppose this would function better as a novelty item.

Not a fan of Ultrablast but other "flavors" are awesome. I, too, thought Ultrablast was vary hard to chew; also ordered Chou-Chou and one time they were soft and the second time they were hard like Ultrablast. I love Breath of God and Atomic, pruchased several times and always soft and foamy. Don't write them off after trying just one kind.

on 11/9/2012 4:16:00 PM

These Toothy Tabs are just awful. I bought a box of the Dirty tabs and absolutely hated them, and since then I have received samples of two more flavors. I can hardly believe it, but I think Ultrablast is worse than Dirty.
Ultrablast contains wasabi, lavender, peppermint, and spearmint. If you think that combination sounds kinda gross, you're right. All I taste is the wasabi. After brushing with these, I'm left with the nastiest taste in my mouth, like I just ate Chinese food. Not refreshing at all.
Also, similar to my experience with the Dirty tabs, brushing with these is such a pain. I find it hard to completely crush these up with your teeth, and I will often literally cut my gums brushing with a big, sharp piece that I missed crunching up. These foam up decently and my teeth feel clean enough, but the leftover taste is just too much for me. Seriously, just stick to your regular toothpaste.

on 11/9/2012 8:14:00 AM

ONe of the best toothy tabs ! always get a compliment on my breath after that one.

(Price is reasonable for a toothpaste !
The only thing is the box if left in damp areas or long time after buying goes quiet rapidly soft and berky ! when it is better when the tabs stays crunchy . enjoyed putting them in a small tin and using them in my travels and offering them to my friends as small funny gift !)

on 10/26/2012 6:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Let me start by saying that I WILL be using these and I WILL be purchasing more, just not in Ultrablast.
I like the fact that it kills germs
Compact, easy for travel
Cute idea

I expected a bad taste, but not for there to be no minty clean feeling.
It doesn't foam enough to feel like tootpaste, so my gums get raw from the toothbrush
I don't think it fixes bad breath

on 8/11/2012 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Me: What are these things?

LUSHette: Toothy Tabs! They're like toothpaste.

Me: Uhm. They're little Chicklet things.

LUSHette: I know, but you crush them between your front teeth, and use a wet toothbrush to clean your teeth! Did you want to try one?

In mortal fear of foaming at the mouth in public, I politely declined and took home a sample.

After I ignored my mental model of normal toothpaste, I was actually surprised at how effective these tabs were at cleaning my teeth. After a three-minute brushing, I felt as if I had a dental cleaning the previous day.

The foaming action was a bit odd, but not much different from using a peroxide-based toothpaste. After the second minute, the foam had stopped--but I could still feel tiny bits of the tabs scrubbing about.

I chose Ultrablast flavor as it seemed to be the most aligned with toothpaste's purpose (to kill germs) and least gag-inducing (assuming I would have that reaction in the first place). I'm a fan of spicy/strong flavors, however, so it's logical that I would love wasabi and spearmint.

To that note, if you're not a fan of typically over-sweetened (regardless of type of "sweetening" agent) toothpastes, you'll likely find these tabs appealing from a flavor standpoint alone. If, however, you do like mint lollipops...these tabs may be a stark contrast to your brushing expectations.

Try a sample of these. If you can get over any "this-isn't-toothpaste" reaction, you'll likely be surprised. Added plus? These are GREAT for traveling.

Popular Other Products