December 21, 2014 | 1760 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - La Vie Est Belle

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by lindat52

This has got to be the worst perfume ever. Sprayed it on a paper strip and some got on my fingers I couldn't get the smell off and I washed my hands 3 times. It's so strong. Gave my husband a instant headache. No way would I purchase this. Just awful!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 4:41:00 AM More reviews by pierce0566

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful fragrance not over bearing or if you have allergy issues. Long lasting beautiful bottle. My hubby noticed and liked it so for Christmas he bought me the 1.7 oz I was hoping for the gift set but was sold out.
Gourmand scent but all the notes blend beautifully so it doesn't smell like food.
Can't go wrong with this one

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have never been a fan of gourmand scents; however, at first spritz, my olfactory senses found this to be pleasant and mouth-watering delicious! I couldn't stop smelling my wrists.

It seemed all the notes hit me at once. Pear, light florals, vanilla, thought I smelled chocolate,(but fragrantica.com listed note as praline), and patchouli. Kept hoping the patch would hide out in the background, but within a couple of minutes of spraying La Vie Est Belle, the patch dominated the fragrance. Drydown was dirty, dirty patch with the sweet, mouth-watering gourmand taking a seat behind the patch. Boo.

This is the same experience I have with CoCo Mademoiselle. If only I could find a fragrance similar to both Coco and La Vie without patch, I would be making two fragrance purchases without hesitation.

There are women who enjoy wearing a glaring patch fragrance, and wear it well; however, I am not one of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Truly my signature fragrance. A lovely and sweet fragrance; with lots of compliments.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I rarely read fragrance notes. I did smell this in a magazine, and intrigued, ordered a couple samples from eBay. I liked it after a two-three week trial. Mom bought this for me for Christmas, and gave it to me early. It's delightful, but I'm a child of the early 70s. I do get a hint of jasmine at the beginning, then maybe a sweetness, but that is probably the patchouli. Perhaps this reminds me of Love's Musky Jasmine Flower? Yeah, I wore that for years. It doesn't go powdery or "sweet and floral" on me. I couldn't disagree more that this smells like Madamoiselle. It is so EVERYWHERE that it's boring. I love this one. Will you? It's a hate or love relationship. I definitely do.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by karleeenicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely LOVE this perfume. On me, I don't get any flowery notes at all. I get a sweet black currant syrup at the opening, which settles into a heart of a berry-vanilla-patchouli blend, and a dry down of a vanilla patchouli. It is somewhat similar to flowerbomb, but it is by no means a dupe. I like flowerbomb, but I LOVE La Vie Est Belle. It lasts all day and night on me, granted it fades in intensity but I'm still getting whiffs of it the next morning when I wake up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by sylivabz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this perfume and I am a perfume freak. It is the only sent the people follow me around in stores and ask what I am wearing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Fogdew

This a fun perfume. Its very good. Although it doesnt compare to the Chanels I love so much, this is sweet, well balanced and pleasant.
It has great longevity and that for me is saying something because nothing stays on my skin. It stays on clothes even longer than on my skin.
It reminds me of Shalimar Parfum Initial and Coco Mademoiselle, but I like this one (LVEB) much more.
Pink and girly but also fresh and light.
Good work Lancôme!
Ps I only gave 3 stars because its not a new and grand sensation, its only quite pleasant and nice, and I think 3,5 stars would be even more appropriate.
Review for the edp.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by nc1691

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I adore gourmand perfumes and this is no exception. It smells divine, sweet with hints of chocolate and vanilla, completely delicious and mouthwatering, I could not stop smelling myself when I first put it on! It's long lasting which I really look for when looking for a gourmand. It has some lovely floral notes but they aren't too strong at least not on me. It's not your typical sickly sweet teenage scent which is also great, it's unique enough although it reminds me of Estee Lauder's pleasures delight, however la vie est belle is much more refined and has greater sillage. It's quite strong so a little goes a long way. All in all I love this and it just might become my signature scent!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Mizmoneypenny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was a little unsure about wearing a sugary gourmand at 35 I thought my best gourmand fragrance years might have been over. I tested the fragrance a second time and purchased straight away.
Rich, creamy and long lasting this fragrance really does reel in the compliments from people in banks, my Dr and pretty much anyone who gets near you. I think compliments are a great sign that a fragrance is working well on your skin. It's up there with my number one favorite scent Dior Hypnotic poison for sure.