November 1, 2014 | 734 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - La Vie Est Belle

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by sdixon44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First time i sprayed this didn't think that much of it and was comparing it to Britney Fantasy, i love sweet scents, anyway then for some reason tested it again and fell in love with its sweet, chocolate smell i then kept smelling the card , i then however went onto other perfumes and keep finding myself coming back to it, i order a sample and sprayed this on before i went to cinema, mmmm love this now! wish id stuck it out and went with it all them times of trying it, it starts very juicy like blackcurrant jelly, a bag of jellytots?? then mellows out but still very sweet creamy, milky hint of chocolate and sugary goodness and keep getting whiffs of this warm creamy sweet smell. Now cant wait to buy a bottle of it! makes me feel very luxurious when wearing this, feels expensive and is so sweet and yummy! the bottle looks really nice as well very grown up. Also lasts ages on clothes sprayed this once on my jumper its still there 3/4 days later!
Overall a very sweet, chocolatey, warm, creamy milky perfume thats more grown up still very sweet :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by debstar1984

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, the first time I smelt this perfume was at work on a colleague, this woman obviously sprays herself with this perfume like it's Charlie red or something! I could smell a very very strong and sweet perfume on her and I asked what it was and she replied 'la vie est belle'. I thought it sounded familiar and remembered Julia Roberts heads the campaign etc etc. This colleague nearly put me off this perfume as she brings the bottle to work with her and reapplies all day, I walk down a corridor and she's no where to be seen but the place stinks of caramel and candy floss! She smokes too so sweet perfume and old nicotine mixed together ain't smelling great! she wears this so wrong too, she cheapens the perfume, considering we work in a nursing home I think wearing this much perfume is wrong, and when you imagine the smells we come across a much fresher perfume is required! Anyway, I did go and try this perfume and OMG once I get passed the thing in my head about my colleague it is lovely! Yes really sweet and very strong, this won't wear off! One spray is all you need, and it stays for hours!! If you love gourmand fragrances this is great! I will not be wearing it to work! Also I can not imagine Julia Roberts wearing this at all, I imagine her to be a Chanel girl!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

OMGosh…. NO!!! I liked the way it smelled in one of those magazine samples, so I bought myself a small bottle. Oy! Don't know how I could have taken this all wrong, but I know I won't trust magazine samples anymore! Ha, ha! This fragrance is very potent (did I stress, "VERY?"), and I would not recommend wearing this to the office- especially if you are in tight quarters. It stays put all day long, just as strong as the first moment you sprayed it. Normally, I would consider staying power like that a GREAT quality in a fragrance; but not when it is so strong, it brings on a sinus-induced headache. By the end of the day, I could not wait to wash it off of me. The next day, I could still smell it on my clothes (the jacket I had on), although it was not as horrible because it was more faint. I think La Vie Est Belle had the potential to be a pretty floral, but only if it wasn't so strong. Something in it caused my nostrils to sting and brought on a terrible headache by late afternoon. Unfortunately, this is going to be returned.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by teago

This perfume reminds me of that line in a Devil Wears Prada..
'Florals for spring? Groundbreaking'
Obviously this fragrance takes 'inspiration' from other popular fruit/choc/chouli scents like Angel, Flowerbomb, Candy, Coco M but I personally think it does it best.
Its everything I hoped Coco Mademoiselle should be even though I have purchased La Vie Est Belle many years after Coco Mad. The first spray of LVEB reminds me of Coco M the most then slowly fades into Flowerbomb, then Candy and Angel.

It doesnt last very long on the skin but you will get a waft of 'yumminess' that doesnt come from anywhere specific throughout the day. This is a great perfume to lightly spray on to your clothes.

Wear it and the compliments will pour in!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this scent for fall and winter. It is sweet and warm and very feminine. It lasts beautifully and I get compliments on it all the time. I don't feel there is anything old lady about it at all, but rather new and sophisticated. Surprised at the negatives on here. I'll be wearing this one for a long time!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by chillzone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I am on my fourth bottle. I bought this perfume when it first came out and I'm still buying it, even though I've tried many others in between. This is a quality fragrance that lasts forever on my skin. I also like that I don't have to search the world over in order to find it. This juice is everywhere and that's okay. When I open the walk-in closet I share with my husband, I laugh because La Vie Est Belle greets our faces with the sweet, creamy, musky deliciousness still on my clothes. My guy never complains. One day, I found him smelling my pillow and knew this fragrance is "the one." I still wear a drop of Idylle or a dab of Shalimar Parfum Initial on occasion, but when those who know me best catch a whiff of La Vie Est Belle, they wonder if I'm near. I'd say that's a signature all right. Yes, life is good.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too strong and cloying. Sillage is high on this one. It's too bad that Lancome gave all the marketing dollars to this headache inducer and literally none to the new Tresor Lumineuse, which is so much more complex and beautiful than this one. I am a true blue Lancome Girl but this one just can't get my vote. This fragrance is like a 30 or 40 year old woman trying to dress like a teenager. I just don't get it. It's completely inappropriate.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

Cute smell in a cute bottle for a small fortune. Worth the money though. I love sweet perfumes, and this one is sweet and girly. Had to have it the moment i sprayed it in the shop. taken aback that it has quite a few poor reviews as i got many compliments on it, friends even went nd purchased it after asking me what was that lovely perfume i was wearing! i generally don't really wear perfume unless i find one i really like and there are very few of those, but this one is really nice. love.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

Way too strong and mature. The body lotion is better. But this one is not wearable tome. It is moderately expensive but the bottle is a masterpiece. I think the only way to describe this perfume is NOT LIGHT. It is pretty but it needs to be diluted down. It is nothing special. I find it rather generic. Having said that I would not turn down a free bottle and I have turned down many free bottles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm torn... On the one side I do like this scent a lot. It's sweet, very feminine and a bit on the heavy side (which is a good thing in my book), but still very wearable for both day and night. On the other side it smells a little too much like other perfumes I've had, it has some Angel in it, and some others of which I cannot remember the name right now (sorry, I'm getting on a bit ;) ). Also it doesn't seem to last..? Well at least not on me :(...