January 26, 2015 | 1911 users online

BB Cream - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2015 1:29:00 AM More reviews by clfulford

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first I didn't like this product because it was so sheer, but ive come around and I m actually reaching for this product the most out of all 4 of my Bb creams now. I've read reviews that this was very sheer and could cause breakouts....so far its been fine on my dry combination sensitive skin. This cream is my go to for little/no makeup days. The cream itself is actually hydrating! It sinks into your skin instead of sitting on top all greasy. And as for the shade selection, well I knew it was very sheer when I bought it so instead of getting it in my shade, fair to light, I got it in the next shade up, light to medium, and for the winter time its great! It gives my ghostly pale dry skin a healthy glow with a touch of color. I don't understand the bad reviews really, except for breakouts, which is a good reason to dislike a product, a lot of people seem to find it too sheer, but isn't that what you're looking for if you're buying any kind of tinted cream? Honestly I love my other Bb creams too (Maybelline, physicians formula, etc) but for just a regular day even they can seem too heavy for me. This is not the best one, but its not bad if you like a very natural no makeup look, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2015 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail. I have come back to this over and over again thru the years, always kicking myself for trying other TMs / BB Creams. This stuff makes my dry mid 30s skin happy, in the middle of winter as well as all thru the summer. One coat is usually enough ( I apply with my fingers/hands, just like moisturizer) but if I'm feeling insecure, another coat adds plenty of coverage so I don't need an actual foundation. It has never bothered my super sensitive, eczema prone skin. It makes my skin dewy and fresh, soft and smooth, and looking years younger. I just had two people tell me I look like I'm in my late 20s rather than mid 30s, and I think a lot of that has to do with my makeup/ skincare products, including this BB Cream. I use this every day and have no plans to stop.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by VeggieK01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a very good product! I have VERY pale skin, so I chose the fair to light color (the lightest of the 3 colors). I feel like the fair to light color was ment for people with COOL or PEACHY/PINK undertones. I was afraid that it would be to dark for my skin tone but it is very sheer and adapted well to my skin. It also has a pretty thin consistency, and its not TOO oily (and it doesn't really cake up). I would recommend this product for someone who does NOT have really bad acne, or acne scarring, or alot of redness on their skin. For being a "drugstore" bb cream/foundation I would give it a 7 out of 10. Reason for it only being a 7 instead of a 10 is that the lable is deceiving, it's really more of a tinted moisturizer with a BB cream title. But its not bad for being $6!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by funny_gal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I always come to this during winter time.Because this is the only foundation/TM that can carry my skin through harsh winter.Yes the coverage is not that great,but it makes my extremely dry skin dewy without emphasising dry patches and lines..Never had any reaction to this.So ultimate winter saviour for me.For my nc 40 i use med/deep shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by xxnikki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok so first of all this bb cream is sheer. It will not cover an uneven skin tone or minor blemishes.This stuff is so sheer that even though the light to medium shade is at least 1 shade darker than my skin you can't tell at all.
The reason I am giving it a 4 is because I don't use it for covering any imperfections up. I use it to give a subtle glow to my face and because it gives me a dewy look for most of the day. My skin is pretty dry and even when I moisturize before foundation I can't keep that dewy look for more than a few hours but this stuff does the trick.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by TxRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Covergirl BB cream as an emergency replacement at Dollar General near my home, after discovering my lovely granddaughters had used all of my L'Oreal foundation.... I was in a hurry , needed something to use until I could get to a dept. store, and Covergirl, Rimmel and Maybelline foundations,all of which break me out horribly, were the only other choices. I'm a life long user of Oil of Olay, L'Oreal, Revlon, Lancombe products, and lucky to have pretty good skin at 64. I'm happy with the very sheer lightweight coverage for everyday use..evens out skin tones very well, very sheer natural look, feels silky, like a moisturizer. I'm not going to switch to Covergirl for "real makeup" but for the everyday just being home....I will buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by BrittAm95

I bought this to replace my Maybelline BB cream. Huge mistake. I bought the lightest color and it was still too dark. The formula was watery at best and it didn't help correct anything. After an hour, my skin felt oily and by the next day, I was completely broke out. Overall, this was a total waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by cmykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this as a replacement for my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream (would have repurchased the Maybelline one but the store I was at didn't have it) and I was majorly disappointed. The coverage is very poor and I might as well have just skipped it altogether. It didn't give my skin that healthy glow that BB cream is supposed to do for you. Probably one of CG's worst products to date.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Medusa777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Average quality cosmetic - my reason for choosing this brand of bb cream was that it was on sale for like $7.00 or $8.00. I've never had any bad reactions to any makeup including cover girl products, but this stuff felt like it was acid etching my face. Proceed with caution especially if you have sensitive skin. My recommendation is if you want a fairly strong bb cream go with garnier (around $14 Canadian) or for sheer coverage NYC bb cream (concealer underneath) and layer bb cream as needed ($5 canadian walmart).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I actually liked this and I did not expect that I would. I am not generally a fan of Cover Girl (except their mascara) but this was marked down to 2 bucks at Target so what the hell?

It has only very light coverage which I like because the heavier the coverage the older I seem to look. It feels slightly sticky while it's wet but that doesn't bother me, I kind of like it because it gives a dewy finish and I'm obsessed with dewy. It does very well with a smidge of under eye concealer and cheek stain.

I would buy it again but I probably wouldn't pay for than $5.