Cover Girl CG Smoothers BB Cream

3.3

on 3/31/2015 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product is exactly what it says: a tinted moisturizer. This was my FIRST Western BB Cream which was recommended by a specialist at my local Shoppers Drug Mart (SDM). I am in the shade of fair-medium or light-medium ( I forgot the terms they used but when I find out, I'll come and correct it). It's a light tan colour which is completely different from your Korean BB Creams which are mostly grey (in my experience at least), a little goes a looong way (it looks thick when out of the tube but sooo sheer), easy to smooth, low coverage and the best part, it actually helped with my blemished skin, even though it's low coverage, it allowed my skin to breathe. Out of the 10 things it claims it does:

1. Natural-Looking Radiance
7. Lightweight
8. Helps Skin Feel Smooth
9. Covers to Help Instantly Improve Skin’s Appearance
10. Won’t Clog Pores

I found the it does ALL OF THEM but ones that I noticed the improvement the most was: 1,2,3,6,7 and 10 (a big one because my skin actually improved by using this).

The big FAT CON: LOW coverage and too sheer...

on 3/20/2015 10:07:00 PM

Amazing! lightweight, natural. Light coverage, not meant to hide or cover like foundation, enhances skin tone and adds natural glow

I just bought this bb cream, and it's decent. Not amazing but decent. It's very sheer, doesn't offer a ton of coverage. But it does even out my skin some, and it's very moisturizing, which I love. I have a lot of redness in my cheeks, chin, and forehead. If you're looking for something that covers redness, this doesn't quite do it. But for just evening out the skin and giving you a nice natural glow, it's great. I think I like it better than the Maybelline bb thay I used to use, because the Maybelline was drying even though it offered a bit more coverage. Not totally sure if I'd rebuy immediately after I run out, hut eventually I'd probably purchase it again.

on 2/16/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The coverage is ok, but I used a concealer for my dark circles and corrector for some red spots (small breakout before the period) I have a normal skin without any acne or color issues. I also used it with a face cream and a primer. The only thing that really bothers me is the SCENT. This product has a VERY STRONG SCENT that I cannot get used to. It's a very specific cosmetic scent that you can smell on your face even hours after wearing it... I won't buy it again, I don't even think I'll finish the one I have now.

on 1/11/2015 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first I didn't like this product because it was so sheer, but ive come around and I m actually reaching for this product the most out of all 4 of my Bb creams now. I've read reviews that this was very sheer and could cause breakouts....so far its been fine on my dry combination sensitive skin. This cream is my go to for little/no makeup days. The cream itself is actually hydrating! It sinks into your skin instead of sitting on top all greasy. And as for the shade selection, well I knew it was very sheer when I bought it so instead of getting it in my shade, fair to light, I got it in the next shade up, light to medium, and for the winter time its great! It gives my ghostly pale dry skin a healthy glow with a touch of color. I don't understand the bad reviews really, except for breakouts, which is a good reason to dislike a product, a lot of people seem to find it too sheer, but isn't that what you're looking for if you're buying any kind of tinted cream? Honestly I love my other Bb creams too (Maybelline, physicians formula, etc) but for just a regular day even they can seem too heavy for me. This is not the best one, but its not bad if you like a very natural no makeup look, especially for the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Holy Grail. I have come back to this over and over again thru the years, always kicking myself for trying other TMs / BB Creams. This stuff makes my dry mid 30s skin happy, in the middle of winter as well as all thru the summer. One coat is usually enough ( I apply with my fingers/hands, just like moisturizer) but if I'm feeling insecure, another coat adds plenty of coverage so I don't need an actual foundation. It has never bothered my super sensitive, eczema prone skin. It makes my skin dewy and fresh, soft and smooth, and looking years younger. I just had two people tell me I look like I'm in my late 20s rather than mid 30s, and I think a lot of that has to do with my makeup/ skincare products, including this BB Cream. I use this every day and have no plans to stop.

on 12/31/2014 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very good product! I have VERY pale skin, so I chose the fair to light color (the lightest of the 3 colors). I feel like the fair to light color was ment for people with COOL or PEACHY/PINK undertones. I was afraid that it would be to dark for my skin tone but it is very sheer and adapted well to my skin. It also has a pretty thin consistency, and its not TOO oily (and it doesn't really cake up). I would recommend this product for someone who does NOT have really bad acne, or acne scarring, or alot of redness on their skin. For being a "drugstore" bb cream/foundation I would give it a 7 out of 10. Reason for it only being a 7 instead of a 10 is that the lable is deceiving, it's really more of a tinted moisturizer with a BB cream title. But its not bad for being $6!

on 12/21/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I always come to this during winter time.Because this is the only foundation/TM that can carry my skin through harsh winter.Yes the coverage is not that great,but it makes my extremely dry skin dewy without emphasising dry patches and lines..Never had any reaction to this.So ultimate winter saviour for me.For my nc 40 i use med/deep shade.

on 12/16/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Ok so first of all this bb cream is sheer. It will not cover an uneven skin tone or minor blemishes.This stuff is so sheer that even though the light to medium shade is at least 1 shade darker than my skin you can't tell at all.
The reason I am giving it a 4 is because I don't use it for covering any imperfections up. I use it to give a subtle glow to my face and because it gives me a dewy look for most of the day. My skin is pretty dry and even when I moisturize before foundation I can't keep that dewy look for more than a few hours but this stuff does the trick.

on 12/14/2014 7:44:00 PM

I bought the Covergirl BB cream as an emergency replacement at Dollar General near my home, after discovering my lovely granddaughters had used all of my L'Oreal foundation.... I was in a hurry , needed something to use until I could get to a dept. store, and Covergirl, Rimmel and Maybelline foundations,all of which break me out horribly, were the only other choices. I'm a life long user of Oil of Olay, L'Oreal, Revlon, Lancombe products, and lucky to have pretty good skin at 64. I'm happy with the very sheer lightweight coverage for everyday use..evens out skin tones very well, very sheer natural look, feels silky, like a moisturizer. I'm not going to switch to Covergirl for "real makeup" but for the everyday just being home....I will buy it again.