December 20, 2014 | 865 users online

BB Cream - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by AndiSaysHi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

So this is just their original tinted moisturizer with a new BB cream label, the ingredients have not changed one bit, and neither have the shades. So that just goes to show ya, that BB and CC creams are just over-glorified tinted moisturizers! Having said that, I have always liked the natural look and ease of TM's. This is very, very sheer, even by a "BB Cream" standard. This will just very slightly even out skintone, but what it does do well, is provide a smooth finish when worn under powder. This somehow fills in any pores and fine lines, and makes skin look healthier. This also hydrates well, and is the closest I have found to a regular moisturizer, so I can (and do) skip any moisturizer/spf underneath. I am fair with neutral undertones, but this is so sheer I can wear both "Fair to Light" and "Light to Medium". I have a very oily t-zone, and find using my clean fingers to apply works the best, and that a little goes a long way. If you pile this on in hopes of getting coverage, you will end up with a shiny face! Once set with powder, this does not make me more oily throughout the day, and also provides sun protection. Right now my skin is pretty good, but needs a little hydration, and this meets my needs. I like this a lot for a natural look (which is what I usually go for), and I have and would re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by xxnikki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok so first of all this bb cream is sheer. It will not cover an uneven skin tone or minor blemishes.This stuff is so sheer that even though the light to medium shade is at least 1 shade darker than my skin you can't tell at all.
The reason I am giving it a 4 is because I don't use it for covering any imperfections up. I use it to give a subtle glow to my face and because it gives me a dewy look for most of the day. My skin is pretty dry and even when I moisturize before foundation I can't keep that dewy look for more than a few hours but this stuff does the trick.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by TxRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Covergirl BB cream as an emergency replacement at Dollar General near my home, after discovering my lovely granddaughters had used all of my L'Oreal foundation.... I was in a hurry , needed something to use until I could get to a dept. store, and Covergirl, Rimmel and Maybelline foundations,all of which break me out horribly, were the only other choices. I'm a life long user of Oil of Olay, L'Oreal, Revlon, Lancombe products, and lucky to have pretty good skin at 64. I'm happy with the very sheer lightweight coverage for everyday use..evens out skin tones very well, very sheer natural look, feels silky, like a moisturizer. I'm not going to switch to Covergirl for "real makeup" but for the everyday just being home....I will buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by BrittAm95

I bought this to replace my Maybelline BB cream. Huge mistake. I bought the lightest color and it was still too dark. The formula was watery at best and it didn't help correct anything. After an hour, my skin felt oily and by the next day, I was completely broke out. Overall, this was a total waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by cmykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this as a replacement for my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream (would have repurchased the Maybelline one but the store I was at didn't have it) and I was majorly disappointed. The coverage is very poor and I might as well have just skipped it altogether. It didn't give my skin that healthy glow that BB cream is supposed to do for you. Probably one of CG's worst products to date.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Medusa777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Average quality cosmetic - my reason for choosing this brand of bb cream was that it was on sale for like $7.00 or $8.00. I've never had any bad reactions to any makeup including cover girl products, but this stuff felt like it was acid etching my face. Proceed with caution especially if you have sensitive skin. My recommendation is if you want a fairly strong bb cream go with garnier (around $14 Canadian) or for sheer coverage NYC bb cream (concealer underneath) and layer bb cream as needed ($5 canadian walmart).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I actually liked this and I did not expect that I would. I am not generally a fan of Cover Girl (except their mascara) but this was marked down to 2 bucks at Target so what the hell?

It has only very light coverage which I like because the heavier the coverage the older I seem to look. It feels slightly sticky while it's wet but that doesn't bother me, I kind of like it because it gives a dewy finish and I'm obsessed with dewy. It does very well with a smidge of under eye concealer and cheek stain.

I would buy it again but I probably wouldn't pay for than $5.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by bri293

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at the beginning of summer thinking it would be great for days of hanging by the pool or going to the beach and not wanting to wear a full face of makeup. I liked the idea of very light coverage, moisturization, and some SPF. It however, didn’t seem to give ANY coverage and left my skin feeling greasy and oily looking, even when I lightly applied it. I also found myself breaking out more than normal after using this for a couple days. After just a couple uses I had to give it away, and that person ended up just throwing it away because she had the same results I did. If you’re looking for a tinted moisturizer and don’t have acne prone or oily skin you may like this, but this was definitely not the product for me, and I think the description of BB cream is misleading.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Cmakeup45

I put the bb cream on my face and within 2 minutes I broke and got an allergic reaction. I never break out and I rarely get acne until I put it on my skin. Very unhappy

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by browniesaredelicious

I love this product!!
It's strong enough to even out my skin tone and remove redness from my acne, but it isn't heavy or "cakey" which makes it perfect for those of us who hate feeling like they're wearing a mask.
When I use this product, I don't need to put on any moisturizers underneath, so my face doesn't get oily either. Sometimes I need to use an oil-blotting sheet, but usually I can get through the day with just putting on this product and heading out.