July 28, 2014 | 1047 users online

BB Cream - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Brittbritt963

Very nice for the summer. It's not really a bb cream more like a tinted moisturizer but it really protects my face from the sun and with a nice matte powder it looks amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by sammie23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was fairly new to both BB creams and tinted moisturizers and this one seemed like a big let down. I bought this for around $15, which seemed like a reasonable price. It claimed to have SPF, leave me with a 'natural looking radiance' and would not clog pores; probably everything I was looking for in a BB cream. I had read mixed reviews but you never know until you try it, right? So I bought it in the shade light to medium for my pale-ish skin :/ Well let's just say I absolutely hate this BB cream/tinted moisturizer. Talk about natural looking coverage.... it had no coverage at all! It made my face really shiny and did not cover anything. It did not smell that great and the texture of it was pretty runny. To be honest I would have rathered to put on normal moisturizer instead. This just did not do anything for my skin and I will not be repurchasing. I've recently bought other tinted moisturizers and BB creams but this one still stands at the bottom for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Meggs88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this would be perfect for summer. It's cheap, a good amount, sunscreen, and the benefits of a bb cream. However, the 'tinted' aspect is terrible. I know this is suppose to mean it's minimal coverage and fixes any little imperfections, but this covers absolutely nothing. Might as well put regular lotion on. The color stays on your face as much as the white color of lotion does.... Which is not at all. Once rubbed in it's like nothing was ever put on. Idk if it's bc I have the fairest color so it's even less pigmented but it's a waste of a coverup. I could buy a bottle twice the size of a nice SPF face lotion for the same price. Not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

This product was recommended by my sister in law who hardly needs coverage. I hesitated to try it because I like medium+ coverage for my acne scars. I was pleasantly surprise that this bb cream combined with my Laura Gellar powder looks great for about 4 hours. I only use this on my days off. On its own, this bb cream does nothing... Not sure if I would buy it again because I want something with more coverage and lasting powder, but this is good in a pinch...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by mjlu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

**First off, I think many are aware this isn't a BB Cream but the CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer repackaged (now updated with more SPF). Anyone buying should be aware it is simply a tinted moisturizer.**

During the winter and spring my skin is extremely dry, and this is great! Its moisturizing, it gives just a small hint of color and my skin looks dewy. For a drugstore product I get a lot out of this. However, this will only cover minimal redness, I'm lucky that my skin is currently in great condition. For those needing more coverage, do not buy this, it doesn't do much and you won't be satisfied. I think people with oily skin will also not like this, I imagine it would be greasy and unpleasant.

In short: If you have dry skin and want the barest of coverage then I suggest checking it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the Fair/Light shade in the newer formula that boasts an SPF 21. Basically this is a tinted moisturizer. It's really lightweight and does a terrific job of evening out my skintone. I use this every morning after cleaning and before I add any other makeup. This really works with my super sensitive, ultra pale skin. It's not too pink which I often find is the case with products like these. I will definately repurchase. And at about $6 bucks a tube I can afford to!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by buttercup204

I use this everyday and it's smooth, moisturizers well all day and is fairly sheer for my workday look. I like that it has anti aging and SPF (though I'd prefer it be a broad spectrum SPF so I put SPF on underneath for extra coverage there.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by liveandlove788

I love this stuff! I've been using it for a year now (only gone through 3 bottles) and it's fantastic. It's sheer coverage, but with a little concealer and powder you'll be fine. It's light and soaks in quickly and doesn't feel greasy or makes your oily. I honestly feel like it's improved my skin too because it's so light...it doesn't clog your pores. I used to have very bad acne that has since cleared up and some days this is the only thing I'll put on. It gives a smooth finish and will cover any slight bumps or random redness I may have.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In terms of moisture, it's great! It went on smooth and blended seamlessly! (I debated between light/fair and light/medium, and even though I'm fair, the light/medium basically disappeared on my skin.)

However, coverage-wise, this just wasn't for me. It was very, very sheer; so sheer, in fact, that you couldn't even tell I'd put it on, especially over a few blemishes and red hyperigmentation spots I have on my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Susiesugarfoot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am amazed by Cover Girl Smoother's BB Cream. It is wonderful! I am 54 and have good but very sensitive, very dry skin. I have been having trouble finding a foundation that I could wear for a while now. Because of my age, If I wear powder, stick or heavy foundations it gathers in the fine lines of my face and makes me look older. I have extremely sensitive skin and am allergic to many brands of cosmetics but I have always been able to use Cover Girl Products. I can't use many expensive brands because I am either allergic to the preservatives or the fragrance in them, yet, I have always been able to use Cover Girl. When I was younger i used Cover Girl Oil Free make up, but now my skin is older and is very dry. Cover Girl BB Smoother's is my new favorite foundation. This works wonderful for my aging skin. BB Smothers cream goes on like a moisturizer but provides light make up cover. It makes my skin look healthy, dewy and fresh! It never gather's in my fine lines. I look younger with it on and get many compliments when I wear it. I wish Cover Girl would come out with a full line of BB Smoother's cosmetics to go along with it such as blushes and lip products.