Cover Girl CG Smoothers BB Cream

3.3

color 710 light to medium. I bought this to use as a lightweight, light coverage makeup for the summer...boy what a bad idea. It was so greasy on my skin after a half hour i had to wash my face and reapply my old Smashbox stand by. (Sheer Focus) which is no longer available...sad face...I asked my 13 year old daughter if she wanted to try it and she also found it greasy and made her face look pink. I will try it again in the winter months, we live in Canada so we get 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad tobogganing...I gets very dry and very cold so it may have a different effect on my skin, we will see. As a summer makeup it gets a no.

on 8/13/2015 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I think this stuff works great for my skin. I don't need a foundation since my skin is pretty good, but this stuff is perfect for covering the small bits of redness in the T-zone area and cheeks. It gives a nice glow. The only thing is the fact that I can constantly smell it when its on, but I guess that is because I don't wear make up often or sensitive to smell. Good product though, good price, good packaging. Would recommend to anyone with a skin that doesn't need foundation to cover, but just some extra glow.

on 8/6/2015 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually love covergirl, but i hated this bb cream. Unlike other bb creams I have tried, this one doesn't make my skin look better, doesn't offer even the slightest coverage, and it so slick I can't possibly wear it without it coming off. Doesn't stay on even with powder. Also it breaks me out in tiny pimples when I use it. Will not repurchase.

on 7/22/2015 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this product at Wal-Mart a few months ago. Mind you, I'm in Canada so the prices are fairly higher here and so I raked out about $9 for this stuff. I love CG face products and find them the cheapest in Canada. Picking this up I was more than excited to get it out of it's wrapped package to swatch it on my hand, praying "Light" was my shade. When I got home I was full of disappointment because once it came out of the packaging it swatched like a silky moisturizer with SOME tint but that all disappeared seemingly. The next day I decided to try it out and let me say, calling this a BB cream is a bit of a stretch. It's more or less a lightly tinted moisturizer. It was hecka sheer, left no tone to my face and managed to not cover any of my imperfections or colour differences in my face. Even with setting powder it's sheer as anything.

on 6/11/2015 4:14:00 PM

I bought this product and have used it under my foundation all but one time since. The one time I skipped this, I noticed a difference. My foundation lasts longer, and has an added boost of hydration with this BB Cream. Offers minimal coverage, but good for underneath my Covergirl foundation.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wear 810 (light to medium). This is a HOLY GRAIL item. I've repurchased many times.

on 5/1/2015 4:27:00 AM

I wanted to use a CC cream because I was getting tired of using the Maybelline poreless matte For Me foundation. So, I went to Shoppers and this one caught my eye. Even though it wasn't a CC cream, I got it nonetheless bc I wanted to. I believe it was $10.99 before tax
It is marketed as a BB Cream Tinted Moisturizer (supposed to be 9 in 1) and I got it in the shade Light to Medium.

Pros:
-It is very blendable both with your fingers and/or with a brush. (I wouldn't recommend a beauty blender; the sponge tbends to absorb too much of the product)
-It is very light weight. It doesn't start to feel cakey after a few hours
-It is dewy. It gave my skin a beautiful glow which looked natural and refreshing. Much better than the Loreal Luminous foundation imo
-The packaging is nice too. It is small and sturdy enough to be carried out in your bag.

Cons:
-It is very sheer; almost too sheer. Even though it is marketed as such, I still didn't expect it to be so clear. But to counter this, I use the MAC Studio Finish concealer under the BB cream for my slight blemishes and dark circles. (make sure you moisturize first; the Studio Finish concealer tends to be very dry)
-I feel like its kinda pricey esp for students. Maybe I'm just complaining but it is a drug store BB cream after all.
-It starts to feel oily after a few hours. I once used the Rimmel Stay Matte face powder to stop it from going oily but it took away the natural dewy look so I was disappointed.

There is a higher chance of me buying it again bc I love light weight stuff for summer. But I still have to test its durability to sweat and heat.

on 3/31/2015 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product is exactly what it says: a tinted moisturizer. This was my FIRST Western BB Cream which was recommended by a specialist at my local Shoppers Drug Mart (SDM). I am in the shade of fair-medium or light-medium ( I forgot the terms they used but when I find out, I'll come and correct it). It's a light tan colour which is completely different from your Korean BB Creams which are mostly grey (in my experience at least), a little goes a looong way (it looks thick when out of the tube but sooo sheer), easy to smooth, low coverage and the best part, it actually helped with my blemished skin, even though it's low coverage, it allowed my skin to breathe. Out of the 10 things it claims it does:

1. Natural-Looking Radiance
7. Lightweight
8. Helps Skin Feel Smooth
9. Covers to Help Instantly Improve Skin’s Appearance
10. Won’t Clog Pores

I found the it does ALL OF THEM but ones that I noticed the improvement the most was: 1,2,3,6,7 and 10 (a big one because my skin actually improved by using this).

The big FAT CON: LOW coverage and too sheer...

on 3/20/2015 10:07:00 PM

Amazing! lightweight, natural. Light coverage, not meant to hide or cover like foundation, enhances skin tone and adds natural glow

I just bought this bb cream, and it's decent. Not amazing but decent. It's very sheer, doesn't offer a ton of coverage. But it does even out my skin some, and it's very moisturizing, which I love. I have a lot of redness in my cheeks, chin, and forehead. If you're looking for something that covers redness, this doesn't quite do it. But for just evening out the skin and giving you a nice natural glow, it's great. I think I like it better than the Maybelline bb thay I used to use, because the Maybelline was drying even though it offered a bit more coverage. Not totally sure if I'd rebuy immediately after I run out, hut eventually I'd probably purchase it again.