China Glaze Swanky Silk

4.1

on 12/11/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Nice color, easy to apply and very forgiving (due to the shimmer), fabulous enough for the holiday season parties yet mutedly elegant and professional for work place as it is close to color nude.

on 9/11/2013 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have to be careful with golds and with pinks. Due to having very pale, cool-toned skin, I can rarely wear any pink, and golds can't be too yellow. I got this because experience has shown me that a rosey-gold will usually work (despite being gold and pink, go figure). Unfortunately, this didn't work for me, though it's not as horrible as it could be.

That being said, the duochrome in this is pretty hard to see. I only get glimpses of the rose colour in certain light, and in full daylight, this polish is bright yellow gold. In fact, in most lights it's gold, with very little, if any, pink.

I don't like the formula much, and found it to be somewhat runny and difficult to control. I also had visible brush marks in a couple of nails, which is never a good look. The finish, however, is bright and chromelike, and very pretty (despite the brush marks).

I have to admit, I'm disappointed with this. That the colour isn't entirely flattering to my skintone is not the fault of the polish, which is quite pretty, but the duotone is just so very underwhelming, and quite unimpressive. I ended up putting this in my "give away" bin.

on 2/25/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the color of this duochrome polish. It is at times gold and other times a rose gold. The consistency was fluid, not thick at all. I got good coverage with two coats.

It is tricky to get it smooth with no brush marks.

I will definitely be getting a back up bottle of this polish. The other colors in the Bohemian line are so cool. I also have Unpredictable.

on 1/23/2013 1:01:00 PM

I got this because i loved the pink and gold combination. Although the pink is only visible under certain lighting and angles like most polishes, the gold itself is pretty. Consistency is more towards watery (but not too much too, just right) which i like in polishes as they make it easy to blend and work with. To me Swanky Silk is like a "twist" in nude polish colour, love it!

on 1/20/2013 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Swanky Silk is a champagne shimmer from China Glaze's Bohemian collection. The champagne seems the most dominant color with a bit of pink duochromatic effect. The effect is quite subtle and really very pretty. Great if you want to sparkle without shining out loud. It is quite sheer and needs around three to four coats for opacity- I used three and still had a bit of VNL with flash photos. Otherwise application was easy enough though I suppose for those of whom brushstrokes are an issue, be careful.

on 9/30/2012 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Swanky Silk is a fabulous pink-gold duochrome (with a tad of green) that is actually opaque, not transparent. It looks incredible on warm-toned skin, and lasts a lot longer than most duochromes or opals. Very chip-resistant. It's subtle, but a little strange, and gets a lot of compliments without being too blinged out. Good for people of all ages, and works with most outfits. A real keeper!

on 8/9/2012 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Swanky Silk is from the China Glaze Fall 2012 Bohemian Luster Chrome Collection. It's a fabulous pink, gold, and green kind of tri-chrome color. Two coats were sufficient, the formula applied evenly and wears well.

Popular Polishes