October 22, 2014 | 2111 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by QAlice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE and would definitely repurchase!

Ingredient-wise:
With Glycerin listed second after water, how could it be bad?

Texture-Color-Fragrance-wise:
Watery liquid in transparent slightly yellowish color, remind me a diluted Liquid Neutrogena, with same scent just not as strong.

Performance-wise:
Usually use 3/4 to a full pump, foam up quite easily but I wouldn't say it produce a rich dense foam like normal foaming cleanser (especially those from Japanese brands).
It provide medium cleansing strength, in between normal foaming cleanser and Cetephil cleanser.
I use it every other day in place with my Sofina Cushion Foam Cleanser (very dense foam with excellent cleansing strength, work with foaming net), as the second clean after take off my sunscreen and make-up with Bioderma water.

My though:
Best foaming cleanser for dry skin, if you love Cetephil but wish something lighter for warmer weather, this is it!
I love it on day when I want a simple cleanser for quick clean. Personally I used to use the Liquid Neutrogena years ago, so find the scent pleasure, but I guess this might not be for everyone.
Huge bottle and very good value for money. Again how could thing load with Glycerin be bad!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

I used to use the Olay Sensitive Skin face wash for a long time, but I felt that it really wasn't doing my skin any justice. My sister have my this one to try and I must say that it is pretty nice! Firstly, I love the scent. It smells like lavender, it is very attractive. I also feel like the foam really gets all the dirt and grime off my skin, without being too harsh or drying (I have very sensitive, acne prone skin that is combo-oily). The only thing I don't like is the packaging. It's so big and bulky and hard to travel with it. Overall though, this is a good wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am surprised to see such a low rating for this cleanser. I used the hydrating one in the winter and switched to this one in the spring. I love this cleanser. My skin feels smooth and refreshed, it rinses cleanly and leaves my skin looking healthy. I use a make up remover for removing eye make up and then wash my face and this works well for leaving my skin clean.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser- I have combination skin (oily t-zone, normal cheeks that are prone to rosacea). My skin isn't super sensitive but I am careful not to use anything that might dry out my skin or lead to breakouts--so I'd say I have mildly sensitive skin. The cleanser has not contributed to breakouts and my skin is in good condition- i also tone with Dickinson's witch hazel (facial formula) and moisturize. While this cleanser doesn't moisturize skin, it gently cleanses, easily and effectively removes eye makeup, and leaves skin clean and soft. It has a mild cirtusy scent and foams up just enough, so a little goes a long way. It is better suited to those with normal to oily skin-those with dry skin might consider something more moisturizing. I am happy with this cleanser and will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Jayblab

I love this cleanser. I have been using Cetaphil for the longest time and picked a sample of this one at my dermatologist's office. I loved it and purchased the full size. If you are looking for a cleanser that "foams" a lot, this is not it. It's consistency is closer to that of cetaphil but it does foam a little bit with some lather. My skin is sensitive at the moment because of just finishing a 6-month course of accutane thus, I am not in my 100% skin type yet. My skin still mostly non-oily (unlike before accutane) so we"ll see how much I like it as my skin starts going back to its natural state (if ever). So far, It is very gentle and amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I wouldn't call this the holy grail of cleansers or a poor cleanser. It is a cleanser and it does the job right. It falls into the category of most cleansers, it works the way it should and gets the job done.

Why I didn't give it 5 stars? That's pretty easy. This is a cleanser marketed for sensitive skin, therefore I would not associate this to be as strongly scented as it is. The scent isn't bad in anyway, in fact it smells clean. But just know this is not unscented or evenly lightly scented. It doesn't bother me, but it might bother others and quite possibly could irritate their skin.

For people worried about this being drying and stripping all moisture from your face, just be aware this is a foaming cleanser. Foaming cleansers have a tendency to be on the drying side. I also think foaming cleansers clean better and the foam is able to pull the dirt out. This may not be the product for you if you are afraid of it drying out your skin.

If you have oily acne prone sensitive skin (but not sensitive to scented products) I suggest you give it a try. It is a great value and I found it on sale after coupons paying only $4 for a 12oz bottle. My skin does feel a bit dry if I just don't do anything with it after cleansing. But my face feels fine after my normal morning and night skincare routine which involves using toner, serum/oil, sunscreen and moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A very average cleanser. Able to remove about 80% of waterproof mascara. Leaves my combination skin very tight - a moisturizer is needed after. Less than stellar cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

[I wrote this after using the entire bottle]. I ran out of my current cleanser and needed something new. I like to try all the gentle, foaming drugstore cleansers, though I don't really know what I'm expecting since they never blow me away. Anyways, I was interested in this one, but after reading reviews here, I was steered away from it. It sounded quite drying. I ended up pulling the trigger on it though after seeing that Beautypedia listed it as BEST and I wanted to try something new, regardless of how it worked.

PROS: It's a 12oz bottle, so it will last a while. It also deep cleans the skin, removing sunscreen/makeup/etc. I always double cleanse; I don't see the point of having a separate special cleanser/remover which costs more per an oz. It leaves my skin neither stripped or really hydrated... like a normal skin formula.

CONS: If I quickly use and rinse it off, it leaves my skin feeling odd... like rubber. The only thing I can compare it to is Paula's Choice Skin Recovery cleanser (I hated that cleanser for multiple reasons though). I have read that these high glycerin cleansers need more time on the skin or more working to do their job. That sounds about right. It foams ok, doesnt' explode with bubbles or anything though.

OTHER: The fragrance! It feels like they didn't do their market research when they put THIS frgrance into a sensitive skin product. It smells like "[fragranced] clean". It's immediately noticable, it's strong, and it lingers in cleansing tools. Over time, I got used to it, but it really stuck out in the wrong way. The bottle claims it's hypoallergenic however. I recently learned about folded oils, which remove the volatile compounds in essential oils, and while they could have done that, there's no way we can tell.

OVERALL: I used it up and bought it again. The scent doesn't shock me so much now, and it's an ok cleanser. Works good with my Clarisonic, not really much different than what's available. Like I said, I don't relaly know how much you can expect from a drugstore, simple cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Arbybarbie1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for something similar to the acne.org facial cleanser that I love and this fits the bill. I took one lippy off because it's not fragrance free, fragrance in skin care products are useless and can cause irritation. This is a lot easier to get my hands on and cheaper than the acne.org cleanser that I have to order online and WAIT for. It's gentle, foams well, feels good on my skin and rinses off clean. It does not irritate my eyes when I use it to remove my mascara. I'm on my second bottle and that's saying a lot! I just want a simple facial cleanser with no fragrance or parabens that I can use nightly to remove makeup and in the morning to refresh. I have oily skin and use Retin-A cream for my breakouts. This cleanser has not caused any breakouts or dryness for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by apeacherryan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not my favorite. I've been on the hunt for the perfect foaming cleanser; however, even though my skin is oily, this leaves my skin stripped. It DOES deep clean, but the formula is heavy, it takes a while to foam properly, and it seems like it takes years to rinse off, not to mention the overly lemony scent.