Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Potassium Accylates Copolymer, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've gone through many cleansers. I bought this on vacation, when I misplaced my regular HG. This stuff sucks on every aspect. It doesn't take off makeup or feel very cleansing in the morning. It kind of feels sticky, it's runny/clear like water, and when you use a cloth. It doesn't feel viscose on the skin. On top of everything, it makes me break out like crazy. It's alarming because I am NOT prone to breaking out. I plan on throwing this away. It's terrible.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for a year and a half now, and am really happy with it. It removes most of my makeup (I wear EL Double Wear) and doesn't leave any filmy feeling. I just wish it didn't cost $10 in Canada. If you have oily skin like me, don't buy the creamy version; I did accidentally and it made me break out horribly.

A good cleanser but it is too drying for my skin. It removes makeup well though

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cleanser is great! It's mild and it thoroughly cleanses my face, even removes all my makeup. This is the first cleanser I've ever used regularly that does not contain an acne medication (except Dove bar soap, which I've never had a bad experience with). I really like how it foams because I have oily skin. Yet, I don't feel dry after using this. Now, if my skin is experiencing some dryness, I use the hydrating cream cleanser from this line which is great too; sometimes just to make sure my skin doesn't get dry, I mix the two. I am on my second bottle of this. I plan to buy more until I either can't or my skin changes (gets dry with age).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This cleanser is good but not amazing. I have dry skin and my husband has oily skin and this works well for both. I use oils to wash my makeup off so this cleanser has been good at cutting through the oils. Leaves skin slightly dry but my regular night time routine makes up for it. Great value though as it's almost twice as large as the Olay cleanser we were using before.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Terrible :( doesn't cleanse well and caused me to break out

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm on the fence about this one. It's nice because it's a mild formula, the bottle is a pump and it's huge and the price is OK, however that's about it. It left my face kind of irritated and thigh so I'm not entirely happy with it. The scent is ok but I would prefer and unscented version if we are supposed to get a really gentle product.

I would not purchase again.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I usually use products for sensitive skin, so I bought this to gently rebound after some hormonal blemishes. This product was not gentle to my oily, acne-prone skin at all. I resumed using my usual Olay Sensitive Cleanser and my skin improved overnight.
Pros: generous quantity, pump packaging
Cons: broke my skin out immediately, left skin red and irritated, overpowering fragrance

HG CLEANSER. My husband and I both use this cleanser and refuse to buy anything else. We've probably bought 10 or more of these by now. I have dry, sensitive skin and this does not break me out or irritate my skin. It does a great job of removing makeup. I'll continue to buy this until it's discontinued.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cleanser isn't terrible, but it's not my favorite....it works but then it starts to dry out your skin over time when used once a day. It has a very strong chemical scent which kinda freaked me out and made me think it wasn't good for my skin...it also has fragrance in it!! (Why would they label it as "Ultra Gentle" but throw some fragrance in there?) Does not make sense.

PROS:
Removes makeup
cleans well
does not break me out (which is a miracle)

CONS:
Drying after overtime
Fragrance
Smells like chemicals

Edit: I wanted to give this another chance, but it started to irritate my skin. My skin would be red and really raw looking after washing with this. This happened over time... The dryness was also too much to deal with. It's not so gentle after all ... I gave it a lower rating