August 28, 2014 | 1719 users online

Skincare - Face - Solodyne

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Solodyne is extended-release Minocycline... an oral antibiotic. This is a prescription medication for the treatment of acne. I took this drug for over a year to treat general, persistent acne (no topicals worked, not even prescription topical medication) and it cleared up my skin beautifully. This drug is expensive... without insurance the cost was around $700 for 30, 105mg pills. I took one pill each day, experienced no side effects whatsoever and my acne did not immediately return when I went off of it. The [b]only[/b] two reasons I went off this drug were 1) expense (even though my insurance covered it, the copay was CRAZY high) and 2) dislike of long-term antibiotic use. I was extremely pleased with the results (completely cleared my skin), the ease of treatment (one pill a day, at nighttime) and the lack of side effects experienced.

Because of the hefty price tag many people consider Minocycline instead and take one pill in the morning, one pill in the evening in order to maintain a relatively consistent dose of medication in their system. Minocycline is very inexpensive and covered by most US insurance plans.