April 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Smoked

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I hate the zipper packaging, first of all. I find it to be inconvenient. That being said, I only really use the top row and the brown color in the bottom row. The blue is okay but I rarely wear blue. The green is nice but too dark for my taste and the gunmetal color is lacking in pigmentation. I will rave about the black, its fabulous. I will purchase the colors separately but not the blue, green, purple, or gray.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by MaryMakeup121813

BEST SMOKEY EYE PALLET. I have hazel green eyes and all of the smokey looks you can get from this pallet make my eyes POP. also the freestyle (natural base color) and kinky (highlighter) with winged eyeliner looks super retro and very pretty with a bold lip ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by El3ctrikAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I Love it!!!
Please read my review on it here :: http://f3arlessbeauty.blogspot.pt/2014/01/urban-decay-smoked-palette-review.html

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by cherlene88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been on an UD rampage recently.. I only started my UD palettes collection from December 2013, and I have amassed all the Naked Palette, Vice 2, and this. I didn't give it much thought at first since the focus was on exploring the Nakeds and understanding what the hype was about (I am pretty laggy in this sense, but god! I can't leave without my UD palettes now) and only started playing with this baby recently.. I LOVEE THIS. I am ashamed to say that I have neglected my Nakeds and have been reaching for this EVERYDAY. I love how buildable the colour intensity is, and how gorgeous the quality of the shadows are. It was lotsa fun to try out the various looks from the lookbook and I love that it came with Perversion, which is good cos I always need an extra for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by chupafabra21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was in love with this product till I bought it. The colors are okay...I wish there was more dark shades. The quality is good, when applied with the primer potion. price is terrible..bought mine for $67. Thats because it comes with a liner. The liner costs around $20. Overall the colors are nice just wish they had more dark shades

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

This is my least loved UD palette out of my entire collection. The shadows are very pigmented but do not blend well, specifically rockstar and backdoor and freestyle. I find the mattes to be very dry and powdery and the shimmers are a bit crumbly as well. The only colors I like are ashphalt, mushroom and barlust.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I feel a bit like this is the 'forgotten' UD palette, it never seems to get the love and attention that the Nakeds, Vices and Books of Shadows did. And I'm not quite sure why, given that I have almost nothing negative to say about it, but I don't find myself reaching for this as much as some of my other palettes.

First of all there is almost NO glitter in this. Asphalt might have some but it's barely noticeable and doesn't cause fallout. So yes, for once, miraculously, you can buy UD eyeshadows and not have them try to do double duty as cheek highlights.

The matte shades are all beautifully pigmented, smooth and blendable. I don't find myself having much use for Freestyle, as on my skin it looks quite orange, and doesn't seem very well matched to the mostly cool toned colours that makeup the rest of the palette. However with the exception of the jewel tones you've more or less got a nice neutrals palette to work with. If you added in a shimmery highlight and a mid tone transition colour you could very easily use this as a palette for work appropriate looks. Barlust is a beautiful colour and Mushroom is one of my favourite eyeshadows. Kinky is a nice highlight and base if you want a softer application of colour.

The jewel toned trio add a lot of versatility to this palette as well, I have used Loaded and Evidence in the crease, over MAC Vex, and that was a beautiful look. Rockstar has grown on me too, try blending it with Barlust to get a lovely maroon crease transition going. The only other shade I don't use much is Asphalt, it's fine, but just not to my taste.

The packaging is awesome, because it's actually *sparkly* and you can zip it closed so you never have to worry about the palette opening in your handbag. I'm not a fan of Perversion eyeliner, as it makes my eyes water if I wear it on the water line, and I don't tend to use it elsewhere. The book of tutorials is very cute, I keep waiting for occasions where I want a glammed up smoky look to use it. The only thing I feel this palette really needed is a shimmery highlight colour like MAC Vex or UD Skimp. I don't feel Freestyle has much use, because I think it would look a bit orange even on skin tones much darker than mine, and it doesn't look great with the other shadows in the palette. Rockstar and Loaded have a slightly 'flaky' texture compared to the others, but they still apply well.

It's a good value palette, and very usable even if, like me, you don't do dramatic smoky looks everyday. If you bought this and a shimmery highlight colour you'd be set.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

These colors are so pretty and buttery. They have Jewel tones that make any eye pop. They have greys blacks and browns for any look. They have a look book that would be great for beginners or anyone who wants to perfect their smokey eye. It has a full size perversion pencil which is a plus. You cant go wrong with such a wonderful palette. It also comes with a travel primer potion to help your beautiful looks last all night. I love the zipped palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love a good smokey eye when the occasion calls for it. And I like a bit of color, who says smokey eyes have to be black or gray?? Smokey eyes are a technique, and you can use almost any colors you want to create that. But as I have mentioned before, I am a sucker for eyeshadow palettes. I had to go get it because I don't use it as often as my original Naked palette. I find that I reach more for Naked and Naked 2 since I feel I can create more everyday looks with those. But I have been really into the jewel tones that this palette has. My favorite thing about this palette is honestly that 24/7 eye pencil in Perversion that it comes with. It's so pigmented and so black. It's my favorite pencil and I will buy that over and over again. I had always used their 24/7 pencil in Zero and this has replaced that. It's soft and creamy, yet lasts no joke. It's really easy to work with if you want to smudge or even line the water line. I was a little intimidated by this because if you aren't careful, smokey eyes can tend to look a little bruisey. But it comes with an instructional booklet that offers a lot of good blending tips and ideas to keep your look from becoming a nightmare! I love that the colors are super pigmented and they apply smoothly. I was surprised to find with the darker colors that you can apply them as light as you want or as intense as you want. I didn't find that any of the colors where chalky, which was something that I was nervous about with those matte shades of Kinky and Freestyle. I did find that with my skintone, the Kinky shade does absolutely nothing. It doesn't show up. It is something that I apply above my crease though to prevent the darker colors from going blending up too high. So even that isn't as much of a downer than I originally thought. You will however get some fallout with some of those darker metallic shades. If you apply with a light hand and build them up, it's not too bad though. As far as the wear goes, again, with my oily lids, I do use the primer potion which this palette also came with a sample size of. So I don't get any creasing after hours of wear. What I would have liked to see included with this palette is a highlight shade with a slight shimmer like MAC's Naked Lunch which is a favorite of mine for a brow highlight. I have used this a few times for parties and special occasions and I always get tons of compliments when I wear any look from it. Now that I am holding it in my hand to write this review I find that I am asking myself why I don't use it more, because it really can be very versatile. I may never need to repurchase it, but I for the price getting the full size eyeliner and a travel size on the primer potion made the price point make some sense. If I ever have to repurchase it, I would venture to say that I would.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by bpreece

I LOOOOVE this palette. I am a fan of the smokey eye but you can also do more natural looks with it as well. very versatile I love the depth of color and they blend easily to get the color you want. They apply beautifully and the colors are gorgeous. It is one of my favorite palettes I own.