September 2, 2014 | 1852 users online

Blush - MAC - Solar Ray

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Carmen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this in a swap and thought it was lovely to look at, but on my NC25 skin, it barely shows up, and the gold shimmer is a bit much.
I think it would work alot better on lighter-skinned gals, or maybe even darker ladies as more of a highlighter.
I have two others - Ring of Saturn (which I LOVE) and the Magenta and gold one (forgot name) and I love that one too.
Other than that, the texture on these was fabulous, and I wish it would have worked!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by KittyLovesGingers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So sad that this was a limited edition as I loved the bit of gold in the middle, it's become an absolute must-have for nights out.

If any one knows a similar product in the MAC permanent line, or even one is another brand, please let me know as I am going to miss this blush alot. I may love it as much as Dainty....and that's saying something.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Laytiffany89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Solar Ray seems orange but when it is on the cheeks, it's a nice coral, golden color in my opinion. I'm between a NC15-20 and it's lovely on my skin. I love shimmery blush, it's a bit powdery so you have to pretty much tap your brush on the product, not swirl, or it will get everywhere!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by hapapower

This is a mineralized blush from the Heavenly Creature Collection and I have noticed it is already sold out on the MAC website. I am SO glad I snagged one of these! The base is a warm pink and the mineralized swirl is a GORGEOUS orange-gold frost. SR caught my eye when I was at the MAC Pro Store a few days ago, and I kept gazing at it. I was concerned that it would be too orangey and frosty when applied to my NC35 skin. In a daring move I purchased it without even swatching it on my skin. Well, I am thrilled to report that I have used this blush every day since acquiring it, and I am in love with the way this looks, so fresh and with that subtle hint of gold. So it turns out the orange did not translate that way on my skin. I just look like I have a healthy pink glow with a touch of sunkisses...

I would repurchase this in a heartbeat if I had the chance!