October 20, 2014 | 1141 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen + Pearl - Saigon Summer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate to be the outlier here, but I'm disappointed in this lipstick. I picked it up on a Back2Mac recycling whim. The color, as others have mentioned, is beautiful. It's very flattering and doesn't scream "orange." The problem I have with it is the texture and coverage. It's very sheer, which would be fine, but it applies unevenly. It looks cheap, although slightly better if I apply a gloss on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ladonamorena64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Years ago I bought an orange lipstick from Fashion Fair. I used the whole tube, went to buy another and they were out. Since then I have searched for a similiar orange lipstick and I finally found it with Saigon Summer. When I saw it online it yellow and I thought, who's gonna wear a yellow lipstick. Then I looked again and saw it was orange. Next step, hashtag the color on instagram and look for someone of my coloring wearing it. I found someone, then decided to purchase it. I love it. It went on smoothly, I lined it with Mac's cork lip liner and it looks great on my Nw 43. I am going to purchase a backup because I am sure I will use the whole tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by MAIMAII

This colour is amazing. It really is just gorgeous. It really suits my colouring (dark hair and eyes and nc25 skin) and I think it would look gorj on any one similar. Its my fave lipstick but I think the colour is summery so I haven't worn it for a while - I can't wait tillI can crack this bad boy out again though.

My only gripe with this lippie is that it quite melty...Ive kind of managed to squish it quite a lot (no doubt due to over enthusiastic application).

The absolute best thing about this product is that I didn't pay a penny for it as I got it on the Back to Mac scheme!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by 3Boyz

Just bought this lippie from Nordstrom's MAC counter. I cannot stress how gorgeous this orange color is.

I immediately fell in love. The reviewer who said this is a perfect amount of sheen, moisture and color was exactly right. It is definitely a "goldilocks" lipstick.

I went to buy Craving and ended up with Saigon Summer as well. For those who are into corals and/or oranges, try this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by daniellejmckenzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the intensity. The perfect shade of orange, and I love the quality of the lasting power. Amazing blend of color ...why I am starting to fall in love with mac. Truly a repeat lipstick! Will buy many times over, And the best part is you can wear this on a regular day. It is subtle enough to do so =)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by jtmonian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the badiest, the absolute perfect orange, slight red lip stick for NC 45, Siagon Summer is so pretty this lipstick is not a frost, it is a creamsheen, it pairs good with chestnut liner and Rising Sun lipgloss. This was my first time wearing this lipstick with my fullface color and this lipstick is what I wanted Ravishing to be. At first I tried this lipstick with no make up on and it look so blah on me. Today I'm so glad I bought two. I will always love Meltdown, and Ravishing but Siagon Summer is what it is, "a despised Limited Edition because I can't have it when I need you Siagon Summer. This lipstick will go good with Modern Mandarin blush, Taos, Optimistics Orange, Tag Mahal. I wll try other combo's and will update time to time. This lipstick brings warmth and pulls out the perfect shaded colors in the Mac LE Golden Lariar..... I. Love this lipstick. Update 09.14.12...I went to the Mac store and was informed that Siagon Summer and Rising Sun are permanent, lasting, always, long time,long lasting....yes...sorry Ravishing. I will continue to use what I have left of you. I will always love and remember you Ravishing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by colormepink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Saigon Summer is a straight-up apricot-orange lipstick from the Creamsheen + Pearl collection that is semi-opaque. (It's not sheer, but it's not matte either.) Just right, said Goldilocks. I like the texture; it reminds me a *little* of the regular MAC creamsheens but does not have quite the "slip" that they do and certainly has longer staying power. As for the color intensity, it is not overly bright but it is not a pale and meek shade, either, said Goldilocks once again.

People like me with medium-pigmented lips are fussy about getting enough coverage so that the lip pigment doesn't show through and totally change the color of the lipstick. Saigon Summer does the trick.

Now why MAC advertises this lipstick as a "frost" I have no idea. This is totally *not* a frost lipstick. I run from frost lipsticks. I do not like them on a boat, I do not like them on a goat....well, you get the idea. Anyway, Saigon Summer does have an ever-so-slight pearl finish but it is so subtle I would imagine most people would not even notice it. Lovely, though. Saigon Summer is a clear and "unmuddied" shade of apricot-orange, unadorned by any glitter, shimmer, frost or other adornments (except that slight pearl finish). I would classify it as a medium in the shine department--not too shiny, not too matte--wow, this really is the perfect lipstick for Goldilocks, isn't it? You go, girl--go get it!

Respectfully submitted,
colormepink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Beautiful sheer summery colour! Saigon Summer is part of the MAC Cremesheen+Pearl Collection for 2012. No special packaging but I love all the Asia-inspired names. Saigon Summer is a soft peachy orange with warm gold shimmer. It is not too frosty or glittery, just very warm and flattering. Don't expect a punchy orange here, it is very muted and definitely the most subtle orange lippie I own. Be sure to exfoliate as the sheer shimmery colour will highlight flakes. I have been wanting a soft, creamsicle type orange lipstick for a long time and totally love this shade.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No