August 23, 2014 | 1321 users online

Sunscreen - Supergoop! - Save Face A.M. SPF 35+

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin type consists of a fairly oily T-zone, with dry flake prone skin all over (flakes on oily areas at times even!) and I am extremely blemish prone. Also it is sensitive and I have rosacea.

I was willing to give this 5 stars and label it holy grail except it has a major flaw (see cons), so I am giving it 3 stars as after searching online I have seen only some people are experiencing this flaw.

Pros:
-Packaging protects contents from the sun and the pump dispenses the perfect amount of product in 1 pump (for my face).
- Cream formula moisturizes my skin beautifully and would suit most skin types as is (very dry skins would need to add a bit more moisture, and 100% oily skin would benefit from just using spf's minus the moisturizer).
-Leaves a glowy finish, not a fake shine but a normal cream finish.
-The glowy finish can be easily mattified with a bit of powder applied with a velour puff, and stays perfectly matte for 6 hours this way.
-Has not given/ increased spots or blackheads.
-Has not increased my oil production.
-Has not flared up my rosacea.
-Fragrance free!
-SPF 35!
-Very water resistant!
-90 ml !!! considering its wonderful formula and huge amount (most company's offer 50ml or less) this is a true bargain.

Cons:
-There are many strange reflective, translucent flakes of square glitter in this product that don't offer a nice radiance that small particles of glitter/ shimmer would. It seriously looks ridiculous with these flakes, and they stick to your skin and only an eager nail can scrape them off. Only some people are experiencing this so have some of us had a bad batch? Perhaps our bottles were not kept in suitable conditions? Or do we have fakes! I got mine from Supergoop on Amazon.co.uk, and wish Supergoops products were more widely available in the UK so that I could buy it from a reputable source.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I hoped this would be my HG Sunscreen, but no, this didn't work for me at all.
I really liked that it is fragrance and oxybenzone free, that is 2 things that I look for in my sunscreen that I use daily.
For my oily face this didn't go in to my skin, it just left a greasy sticky film on my face. The finish was also too shiny for my liking. Tried it on my neck and chest and the same, to sticky and greasy.
A strange thing with this was that it has some (not much) transparent plastic glitter in it, that looks awful when I get it around my eyes, looks like I have a glittery eyeshadow on.
I orderd my online, I don't know if I got a bad ex of it....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this a while ago and I am just writing a review now. Intially, this seemed great, no shiny face, fairly matte finish, does not feel heavy. I also studied the ingredient list on the bottle since I am highly acne-prone and have learned to avoid triggers. This method sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Anyways, the list seemed harmless and since I liked the feel/finish, I thought I hit the jackpot. Wrong! I started breaking out from this. I started using it only on my chest to use it up but then my chest also started breaking out! I was a bit confused because nothing on the ingredient list stood out to be as being pore-clogging but I also noticed that nowhere on the package did it say oil-free. So I went on their website to do some research and looked at the ingredient list on there. Well what do you know, the list is different from what they have on the bottle! On their website, it lists hydrogenated soybean oil, which is no where on the bottle. I have noticed this more and more from companies which really pisses me off. Ingredients are important to me and I need to know what I am putting on my face in order to avoid breakouts. I would return this but of course I can't find the reciept. For someone without acne-prone oily skin, I say this is a great product because it feels nice on the skin.