July 28, 2014 | 2188 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Naturally Smooth Body Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by missbliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this to replace my Kiss My Face Peaches & Cream, which works wonderfully but was offensive to my pregnant nose. I was sucked in by the lower price of the St. Ives AHA lotion, compared to other brands like Amlactin and Eucerin. The texture of this product is nice, it doesn't require copious amounts of rubbing like the other AHA lotions I've tried. It's light & absorbs quickly. But I also found it to be less effective. I can use the KMF for a couple of days, feel a noticeable difference, and go back to my regular lotions for awhile. This stuff...not so much. I think you have to use it every day to see a change.

And for a lot of people, everyday use would be fine. But for me- the smell. When I sniff tested in the store I thought, "Hey! Not so bad!" but after a couple of weeks I got really sick of the smell. It's just too much. It's kinda fruity, kinda not. If they could make a version of this that smells like their other lotions (Coconut & Orchid, shea butter) I'd be all over it, even if it was less effective than other AHA products. So this mainly sits on my lotion shelf, unloved. I make myself use it when the backs of my legs get rough and bumpy, and I know I won't finish the bottle before I get the urge to chuck it & find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by crashedandburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've tried several St Ives moisturisers, and I have to say, this does not work for me. I bought it in the hopes that it would heal the thousand and one scars I have all over my body, and though this did make my skin smooth, that's basically all it did. The AHA in this was just too light.

I used it once a day for about 2 weeks (I use a different night moisturiser), before I realised the skin on my legs showing the first signs of dryness. I have dry and eczema prone skin, so this moisturiser was too light for me. Quite disappointing, because I tried the oatmeal and shea butter, as well as the vitamin e moisturisers from st ives, and they worked just fine.

I'm not going to condemn this product though, I think the effectiveness of this product just depends on your skin type. If you have generally good skin, and you're just looking for a light and affordable moisturiser that makes you skin really smooth, this is definitely a good moisturiser for you. But I think my skin is just too bad for this, and I need a stronger one. I recently tried Lanate cream, and that has a much higher concentration of AHA, so I would recommend that for those with stubborn scars.

This was a cheap moisturiser though, and it isn't too bad, so it wasn't a complete loss. I'm slowly finishing this bottle, using it as a daily moisturiser every other day. Been using it for more than a month, and I have about half left to go before I finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:52:00 AM More reviews by noname4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a pleasant smelling, nice body lotion. I haven't been using it long enough to claim a difference in my skin - besides, I regularly use another St Ives body lotion. The consistency of this lotion is much thinner by comparison to other St Ives lotions I've used. I personally prefer the thicker, creamier lotion. This makes a good summer lotion because it's lighter and the somewhat citrusy scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by kickyouonce

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best drugstore lotion by far. It works great as an all-purpose body lotion and yet it is gentle and works wonder of keratosis pilaris (upper arms, as well as those bumps on the buttock/upper thigh area!) as well! Also great for elbows, knees, etc.
Love love love this. For the price it can't be beat.
I find the smell to be really fresh and non-competitive to my other fragrances.
I definitely heartily recommend this and hope it isn't discontinued!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by caligirldotcom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love how soft this makes my skin feel. It is non greasy and seems to improve my skin texture. The major downfall for me is the smell. It smells so strong and totally competes with my perfume. It is tolerable but not a smell I enjoy at all. For an example it has been 3 hours since I have put it on and I can still smell it on me big time! I will repurchase because I like feel it is really beneficial to my skin but I will only put it on at night and hope the smell is gone by morning. How I wish this was unscented!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by cherlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fantastic! Best inexpensive lotion i've ever found.
My hands are so looking awesome and they are always dry and look bad. I've used this on my body as well and makes my skin super smooth and it's not sticky and it has a nice fresh sort of fruity scent!!! I will def. repurchase.
I liked it so much I bought the small purse sized tube to carry with me!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by elaumbrella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is the best drugstore lotion for me so far. i will alternate it with caudalie's body butter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

I'm surprised this is the first review! I like this lotion quite a bit. It's the only lotion I've found designed for the body that has AHAs. It has a fresh scent that's not too noticeable. I use it on my legs and feet morning and night and it has definitely made my skin smoother. I also love the fact that it sinks it quickly and does not leave my skin feeling sticky. I wish there was more information on the label as to how much AHAs are in the lotion, but other than that, no complaints!