April 21, 2014 | 1422 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Vamp

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Creme/gel liner in a soft/muted plummy brown. Sephora lists this as a "dark purplish brown" but it's not *that* dark, nor that purple... but that's why I like it - I already have plenty of brown and purple liners in my stash. Vamp is not too dark or harsh, great for everyday with my AAB/NC25 coloring and dark brown eyes. The plummy tones soften the color and make it not so hum-drum as the average brown. Good creamy texture, goes on smoothly. Good pigmentation and reasonable staying power. Does not smudge or run on my sometimes oily, sometimes watery eyes.

Comparisons - More brown, less purple, less shimmery, and not as dark as BB Black Mauve Shimmer Ink.

Packaging - Small eyeliner pot, clear plastic tub with glossy black plastic screw on lid. Slightly narrower and shorter than the Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner pot.

Overall - Good staple shade to have. I think the shade is limited edition though. continued >>