July 23, 2014 | 1946 users online

Fragrances - Gucci - Premiere EDP for Women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the musk and orange blossom notes of this, but it's too spicy for me. Sort of masculine, really. Cool bottle though. Really unique.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by missamanthann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a fragrance sampler from Sephora and when I first smelled it, I really, really liked it. It had a floral, woodsy scent that slightly smelled of cologne, but not in an overtly masculine way. I'm not normally a fan of the more floral scents but I really did like this one.

Unfortunately, the scent all but left my skin after about a half hour of wear. I can only barely smell it when I put my wrist all the way to my nose, and even then it does not smell nearly as lovely as when I first sprayed it on. I think the lingering scent of it smells way too much like an old lady perfume (the sickly kind of old lady perfume), and I will definitely not be wearing this in public. At almost $100 for 1.7 oz, I could not justify spending that much money on a scent that barely lasts.

I love the initial scent of this perfume, but I wish it would last more, or at the very least, not morph into a rather unappealing musty smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Nicely pretty. Creamy florals with a sweet musk base. A bit too sweet for me, though, and smells very young. Not really as black tie as the name suggests

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

I generally like Gucci fragrances but Premiere has been a sort of disappointment - not a big one, the fragrance is too meek and indescript to create a big disappointment even. Maybe I'm anosmic to it or something because I can't smell any of the stated notes (per NST: bergamot, orange blossom, white flowers, musk, leather and wood). All I get is a sweet, perhaps peachy scent which reminds me of Guerlain's Idylle. However, it's very muted and disappears from my skin in 40 minutes. I'll have to pass. 2.5

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by sillage

Normally, I love Gucci (esp the Guilty trio), and I'm wondering why in the world they even bothered making Premiere at all. I bet if it weren't for Blake Lively being the face, it wouldn't be selling -- and even with her help, I doubt it's been all that successful, and I'm betting it won't be around long. That commercial with the city lights & sparkly gold evening gown -- they were apparently aiming for luxury & elegance & opulence, but I'm not getting that from the scent itself.

If I were to spritz lemon on a plank of plywood and then sniff the two together -- that's what it smells like to me. It opens with bergamot topnotes, then goes down into a fresh raw natural wood scent. And stops there. I really don't smell any other notes.

I think there's supposed to be leather in the base, but to me, the base just comes across as freshly-cut lumber -- like a raw wood plank from a lumberyard. And the topnotes are lemony. Lemon & lumber, go figure. I love Blake Lively and the ad, but this scent is a 'no' for me -- and after the hugely successful Guilty series (orig, Intense, and Black), I'm puzzled as to why they even bothered with this one -- what its purpose was in Gucci's overall fragrance collection. I don't think they needed it.

The solid gold bottle is beautiful, but you can't tell how much you have left.

However, the men's counterpart, the new Gucci "Made to Measure" cologne with James Franco -- smells awesome! I just got an insert in a Macy's catalog, and ILOVE it! They say it's supposed to be the men's version of Premiere. It's much better than Premiere!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jhoughton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was completely underwhelmed by this perfume that has no lasting power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

On my 2nd bottle!! Men and women seem to love this. Somewhat luxury musky but not woodsy musky. Very expensive and the lotion is about the same price which is crazy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by goopycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If I could sum up this perfume in a few words it would have to be, "it's really nice BUT,". Fortunately I think that this stuff smells so nice it has a woody musky feel to it, BUT there is absolutely no staying power. If I'm going to shell out 60 almost to 90 bucks on a fragrance it better have some sort of staying power. Everything works with this scent besides the staying power. It is disappointing because I would love to buy this if it had staying power!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by ooohdiamonds

The scent has this elegant, luxurious connotation to it. That's probably why I liked it so much.The bottle represents this too. I also find this perfume is more suited an older, more established woman. The staying power is good. The scent reminded me of Dolce & Gabbana 'The One' and Paco Rabanne 'Lady Million'... I don't know why, maybe because I also feel those perfumes have that sophisticated, luxurious, 'rich-girl' attitude about them. It is pricey, but worth to keep as a special occasion perfume.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by missdiordior

I really like the commercial with Blake Lively so I ordered a sample from Gucci. It smells very sophisticated, luxury and elegant, without being too light or too powery, just like the idea from the commercial, which i absolutely love. But it doesn't last long , the smell vanished after 40min or so. I can't imagine reapplying it for several times per day. The bottle design is very nice but the price is way too ridiculous for the product itself. I will not repurchase it.