December 18, 2014 | 1790 users online

Fragrances - Gucci - Premiere EDP for Women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I still have a bottle of the sadly discontinued original Gucci - the dark brown juice in the black box - which I love to pieces and for which I get so many compliments. So when they offered me a sample of this I gladly accepted it. I regret to say I was very disappointed. It's not a bad scent, but it's so very much like any other girly-girly, syrupy floral scent that overwhelm the market these days. Too young and giddy for my taste. I was expecting something more sophisticated, along the lines of the original Gucci, or of Bottega Veneta, which is what the brand used to suggest to me. Not even close. I won' t buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like musk fragrances, but Premiere didn't win me over. After lightly spritzing my right wrist, took a whiff to take in the fragrance…….overwhelmed with powdery, musk. What I smelled is the equivalent of taking a plastic container of powder, placing it in front of my face, pushing in the middle so the powder would be released in a mass amount, and being accosted by a cloud of powder in front of my face.

Not pleasant to my nose until drydown. Drydown is a soft, pleasant musk with florals softly peeping through the musk.

Read on Fragrantica Premiere's top notes are bergamot and blackberry. Never detected them, unfortunately.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by dotttB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is so strong. I felt like I was suffocating people on the train after spraying it. Strong woodsy smell. Normally I love all the Gucci scents, but be forewarned this needs time to calm down before leaving.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by BigPrimpin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When first spraying this on, I'm reminded briefly of Stella and Bvlgari Jasmine Noir (both of which I own, so this is definitely my cup of tea). Where Stella maintains its initial crispness, Premiere dries down to a sexy, sophisticated, powdery floral that is both creamy and soft. There is nothing stuffy or boring about it. The gold bottle not only looks beautiful on my dresser, but is sturdy enough that I don't have to baby it as I do some more delicate bottles that are too slender or whose caps won't close tightly. This is easily one of my all-time favorites.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the musk and orange blossom notes of this, but it's too spicy for me. Sort of masculine, really. Cool bottle though. Really unique.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by missamanthann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a fragrance sampler from Sephora and when I first smelled it, I really, really liked it. It had a floral, woodsy scent that slightly smelled of cologne, but not in an overtly masculine way. I'm not normally a fan of the more floral scents but I really did like this one.

Unfortunately, the scent all but left my skin after about a half hour of wear. I can only barely smell it when I put my wrist all the way to my nose, and even then it does not smell nearly as lovely as when I first sprayed it on. I think the lingering scent of it smells way too much like an old lady perfume (the sickly kind of old lady perfume), and I will definitely not be wearing this in public. At almost $100 for 1.7 oz, I could not justify spending that much money on a scent that barely lasts.

I love the initial scent of this perfume, but I wish it would last more, or at the very least, not morph into a rather unappealing musty smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Nicely pretty. Creamy florals with a sweet musk base. A bit too sweet for me, though, and smells very young. Not really as black tie as the name suggests

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

I generally like Gucci fragrances but Premiere has been a sort of disappointment - not a big one, the fragrance is too meek and indescript to create a big disappointment even. Maybe I'm anosmic to it or something because I can't smell any of the stated notes (per NST: bergamot, orange blossom, white flowers, musk, leather and wood). All I get is a sweet, perhaps peachy scent which reminds me of Guerlain's Idylle. However, it's very muted and disappears from my skin in 40 minutes. I'll have to pass. 2.5

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by sillage

Normally, I love Gucci (esp the Guilty trio, and Eau de Gucci), and I'm wondering why they even bothered launching Premiere at all -- right on the heels of the very good & successful Guilty trio.

That commercial advert with the city lights & Blake Lively in a sparkly gold evening gown -- they were apparently aiming for luxury & elegance & opulence, but I'm not getting that from the scent itself.

If I were to spritz lemon on a plank of plywood and then sniff the two together -- that's what it smells like to me. It opens with bergamot topnotes, then goes down into a wood scent. And stops there. I know there are florals in between the bergamot and the wood, but I really don't smell any in particular. I think there's supposed to be leather in the base also. To me it's a serious fragrance, a little rough, almost masculine, and lacking in sensuality.

Is this Gucci's version of the "golden" J'adore perhaps? Gucci's own glamourous, evening gown, rich-woman-in-a-palace fragrance advertised by a blonde movie star? Now Givenchy also has their own "golden" luxe fragrance with Dahlia Divin -- also advertised by a high-profile celeb (Alicia Keyes), wearing gold & sitting in a gold palace.

Premiere's solid gold chunky "treasure chest" bottle is beautiful, but you can't tell how much you have left.

The men's counterpart, the new Gucci "Made to Measure" cologne with James Franco -- smells awesome! I just got an insert in a Macy's catalog, and ILOVE it! They say it's supposed to be the men's version of Premiere. I think it smells much better than Premiere!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jhoughton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was completely underwhelmed by this perfume that has no lasting power.