Hard Candy Stay In Line Eyeliner

2.9

on 7/6/2015 7:21:00 AM

I really wanted this to be great, but it was horrible for me and I'll be tossing mine in the trash. I have skin allergy issues, so I'm constantly paranoid that my next new makeup item will cause a reaction. I thought I was in the clear with this liner after my test run, but apparently I didn't leave it on long enough. The next time I wore it, I noticed a little discomfort but assumed it was just because the mascara I was wearing was starting to dry out. Then I wore it yesterday with different mascara (one I've used regularly for a while) and I feel like parts of my eyelids have been burned horribly and I have some swelling, etc. After wearing it for about 4-5 hours, it felt like some of my eyelashes were being slowly ripped out and it took about an hour to remove my makeup because the pain was so bad (normally it takes me about 5 minutes).

My reaction to it wouldn't usually be enough to knock a rating down, and that's true here. This stuff just didn't work well, even without the reaction. It smeared, didn't apply very smoothly, and I got some weird balls that formed as I applied it. I got the black one and it went on looking more gray, even after going over the line again later to neaten it after it started smudging. I always use primer and a setting spray, but neither helped this liner stay in place. Oh and I don't recommend using the smudger thing that comes on the end. It's very stiff and has a gritty texture, so I didn't try it on my eyes.

Two lippies because I think it could work for some people, maybe, and it's much easier to use than gel with a brush, or any kind of liquid liner. Plus the price isn't bad.

on 6/14/2015 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So good I bought two! It's not too soft like kohl eyeliners and not too stiff like regular eyeliners. The pigmentation is great and it's really easy to put on. I used to wear liquid eyeliner for yearss but these gel eyeliners are much easier to perfect. They don't need a good brush applicator like you need with gel liners which have always been to hard find for me..

I think the staying power is great. They last through sweaty gym sessions and are there at the end of the day for me to remove with makeup remover.

on 3/22/2015 11:29:00 PM

It breaks my heart when a product from HC doesn't work out, but this liner had no staying power for me. It smeared, and the black was more charcoal. It glided nicely, but that was it-I had to go back over to build color.

on 3/23/2014 9:02:00 PM

This eyeliner is pretty decent for the price. There's not much to say about it. it goes on easy, it washes off easy. sometimes you have to reapply throughout the day. But for the price you can't really complain. didn't irritate my sensitive eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This eyeliner is ok. I bought this when I was on a Hard Candy kick and wanted to own everything from the make up line. It's just like any other ordinary eye pencil except with a little sparkle. It applied dark but faded quickly so it clearly didn't have very good staying power. I like that it comes in different colors but that's about the only cool thing about it. I bought the black pencil since that's pretty much all I use for my eyes on a daily basis but I wasn't too impressed.

I bought this in "sigali" (the purple one) and it was a mistake. I wore it for one day. A few hours into wearing it I began to notice some red around my eyes. Not red like skin irritation red like it was dyeing my skin. It worsened as the day progressed.

When I got home I used Neutrogena oil-free eyemakeup remover (which always works really well for me and gets EVERYTHING off) which didn't work. I then used Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, didn't work, soap and water didn't work.

All that and a shower and my eyes are still LINED in red. It dyed my skin!

awful. awful, awful.

(also, before I even used it, the "smudger" on the back came off)

on 9/25/2013 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was a nice eyeliner- it went on smoothly and was highly pigmented. Until later in the day, then that nice pigment ends up allllllllllllll over your face. Not the look you want? Don't buy this.

on 8/6/2012 9:19:00 PM

This is a very good product, and only 5$. It is one of the best drugstore eyeliners I've ever purchased, it's highly pigmented, goes on smooth (not chunky or blotchy), and best of all, it does as it name indicates, and it STAYS where you put it. Who can as for more than that from an eyeliner?