Orly Shockwave

on 8/6/2012 12:06:00 AM

Shockwave is a deep, pigmented, vibrant blue polish. I wouldn't call this a true cream because it has a bit of sheerness to it but not nearly enough to consider this a jelly either. I love this finish because it gives the blue depth and makes the color phenomenal.

The whole reason I bought this polish is because I'm a huge fan of the BBC show Doctor Who and this is the color that I consider the TARDIS to be. I didn't do a swatch comparison, but from a side-by-side bottle examination, it is the color almost identical to China Glaze's Man Hunt.

Shockwave also has a wonderful formula! The color is opaque in two coats. It does not streak and it dries to a beautiful shiny finish. I actually first used this polish while I was on vacation and forgot to pack a topcoat. The polish lasted a full five days on my fingers and two weeks on my toes all by itself! I was stunned- my finger nail polish usually doesn't last more than two or three days because I'm so rough on my fingers.

This is my first Orly polish but I love Shockwave so much I may return for more soon!

Popular Polishes