July 22, 2014 | 1264 users online

Mascara - LUSH - Eyes Right Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

This would be my HG mascara if it was even mildly waterproof. It is not waterproof at all. If it is raining outside, this will smear down your face. If you cry, you will lose it all. If you get watery eyes, prepare to have some smearage. Thus, I only wear this if I'm not PMSing and if there is no forecast of rain. It's kind of sad when you have to check the weather before choosing your mascara. Seriously.

PROS
- does not create clumps
- darkens and lengthens
- leaves lashes feeling soft
- lashes feel stronger and healthier after using

CONS
- not waterproof AT ALL.
- glass bottle isn't safe for travel (or allowed on planes, right?)
- extremely short brush/wand

I only do one coat, so this gives no volume. Other reviewers mention that it is buildable. I cannot confirm because I have not tried it. If you have short and few eyelashes and you only want to do one coat, this is NOT the mascara for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm not totally in love with this mascara but I would purchase it again. At $15 for me, it was twice what my usual mascara cost. It comes in this weird tiny black jar instead of the regular tube which I thought was really cool. The mascara itself has a very faint scent to it that is pleasant and dissipates quickly. I've noticed that it makes my lashes clump together though and I really hate that. I have to comb my eyelashes before and after application before this dries in order to prevent that. It's a bit of a pain. It also takes a long, long time to dry. Like, this should be the last step in your eye make-up routine or you WILL get black gel all over everything. Nothing really bad to say about it though, I would recommend that a friend give it a try. I think it's one of those products that you either love or hate.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by tiffanysue2

Words cannot say how much I love this mascara. At first I was on the fence about the packaging and the mini wand brush. But now after several weeks of use I have gotten use to it and actually prefer it! Its so easy to use and with the shorter length I can really get to all the shorter lashes and easily apply to my lower lashes. The formula of this mascara is unlike anything I have ever used. It is impossible to clump! Its very inky, liquidy. Beautiful rich dark black color, I like the smell and it doesn't irritate my super over sensitive skin/eyes. It easily comes off with my mary kay eye makeup remover. After several weeks of use I feel like my lashes are healthier, maybe even thicker. Its easy to build up some volume with this stuff, apply, let dry a few moments and then reapply. My HG for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by TrippyPixie

I have horrible ocular allergies. How bad, you ask? Well, my eyes act up even when it isn't allergy season. I have prescription eye drops that I need to use every day. I tried wearing contact lenses, but it turns out that I can only wear glasses because my eyes dry out the lenses within less than half an hour of wearing them (even if I do add eye drops), leaving my eyes all red and bloodshot. At one point, I had to back away from eyeliner and mascara for a year, since it made my eyes act up so much. Meanwhile, when it IS allergy season, it gets so bad that I want to claw my eyes out.

I bought this product because it was promoted as being a gentle mascara for allergy-prone eyes. Well, I quite like it. I don't wear mascara all the time, and I can only still wear eyeliner on my upper lashline (no waterlines or lower eye at all), but this one hasn't aggravated my eyes that badly. (As a side note, I still have random, unrelated "attacks" -- a.k.a. bad days where my eyes aren't having it at all.) Also, I'm extremely happy that this mascara is cruelty free, since that is the only kind of makeup that I will buy.

Does it curl? Well, for me it works decently. However, I'm the jerk who has eyelashes that curl with pretty much any mascara, and I have never needed to use an eyelash curler before. (Before you get jealous, take comfort in the fact that you probably don't have ocular allergies that are as bad as mine.) However, I've noticed that my lashes aren't as curly with this mascara as they have been with others. If you have stubborn, stick-straight eyelashes, I would approach this mascara hesitantly.

I'm not a fan of the wand -- it's too short. A little bit more length would make a world of difference. It's a bit of a learning curve when first using this, since the short length caused me to almost poke my eyes out a few times. While I'm on the topic of packaging, I'll add that I'm still not sure how I feel about the bottle-type packaging that it comes in, as opposed to a tube. I feel like I'm getting less product, or that the small packaging makes the product dry out more easily, but it's certainly easier for traveling and it takes up less space in my makeup bag.

As for the price, $18.95 (USD) is a bit steep for the size you're getting, but alas, this is typical Lush pricing.

Considering my terrible ocular allergies, and the fact that I rarely wear mascara (pretty much special occasions only at this point, certainly not during the day), I will buy this mascara again. It doesn't irritate my eyes as badly as other mascaras have (though I'm still prone to "attacks"). Sure, the brush could be a little bit longer, and for those with stubborn lashes, the curling power isn't the best it could be, but I'll take this product over another mascara that would make me want to rub my eyes raw.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, I love Lush products, but this is just a bit too natural for me. It feels lovely and soft on the lashes, but unfortunately on my lashes (fairly long and black) you can't really see I'm wearing it at all. I imagine it would be good if all you wanted was to make fair coloured lashes go black.

The wand is very odd - a fat brush on a VERY shork stick - personally I fould it quite difficult to use. Also, the colour does transfer to my (slightly hooded) lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I might have found my "HG" mascara. Having had mixed luck with LUSH products, I took a gamble on Eyes Right. I've been looking for a decent mascara, but have had no real luck. Until now. I love this stuff! I don't care for the huge black false lash look for everyday. I wanted something that looks fairly natural, but that darkens, thickens, and lengthens, This fits the bill perfectly. It's non clumpy, doesn't flake, is buildable, and does everything I wanted it to. Lashes are soft, not crunchy, flaky, or clumpy. That it's good for lashes is a definite plus. I had absolutely no problem using the short wand, in fact, I thought it was actually easier to use than a regular length wand. I had no problem applying this to my bottom lashes. In fact, I found it easier, since the formula does not clump, you can use the tip of the appiicator to tease lower lashes out, without getting huge clumps of product all over. I didn't not have any smearing, and it seemed to dry fairly quickly. Eyes Right gives my lashes a "I was born with these gorgeous silky, long thick lashes" look. I haven't cried or gotten them wet yet, so I can't say how it will hold up, but that happens so rarely that I'm not worried. I'm really pleased with this, and plan on using it as my primary mascara. The only bad thing I can see is LUSH discontinuing it. Unfortunately, since it's "made fresh", I can't hoard it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by helloiamliz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was actually the first mascara I have spent over 14€ for.

I was very excited when Emotional Brilliance came out and I decided to buy one product. It was around that time when I had problems finding a vegan mascara that is good, since I found out I really hated the natural Alverde stuff.

This product is absolutely comparable with any other good mascaras, as far as the formula is concerned. Probably even better, because it does not burn or hurt, and it is actually really healthy for your eyelashes.

It looks great on my upper eyelashes, but not as great when I don't use an eyelash primer before. It is absolutely buildable and long lasting and deep black, and I have no problems whatsoever with applying it on my thick and long upper eyelashes, but I use a different one for my thin lower eyelashes. I need a few layers of mascara for them to look really good, and the brush smudges on my lower lashes.

I like that the packaging is environmentally friendly, but for this price I would love an improved brush, not because of its length, but because my lower lashes are a bit more difficult to treat. It could definitely be a bit "bushier".

I'm not sure yet whether I will rebuy this. I will definitely be looking into something I can apply on both upper and lower eyelashes and I started looking up which company does animal testing, and then reading the ingredients to check if vegan or not. Anyways, animal testing is forbidden for cosmetics in Europe.

If I'll ever have problems with eye irritation due to a mascara as I used to, I will definitely rebuy this product. All in all it has worked well for me, and I'm still using this even though I bought it about 3 months ago.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by jessicaalynnexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the formulation of this mascara. It is very inky, and does not clump. I love how natural it looks. The only thing that kept me from giving it a 5 star rating is the fact that I cannot use it on my bottom lashes because it smudges very easily, and also because the mascara wand is quite short and hard to use at first. Other than that, it is my favourite mascara of all time and I will definitely stick to it. So much better than my Dior Iconic mascara, and for less money too :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I have a love hate relationship with eyes right. I love the formula. It's very black, very build able and it doesn't clump. The problems tho is that it smudges very easily and the tiny wand makes it hard to apply. The top lashes arnt to bad but getting the inner and bottom can be quite a pain. It smells of wheatgrass, which IMO love. But after a second the smell goes away. Iv used eyes right for over a month now and my lashes seem to be fuller and my healthier.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Annabellapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love. NO clumps. Look completely natural. It costed $20 but i was worth it