LUSH Eyes Right Mascara

3.6

This is an absolutely worthless mascara, smudges every time. If you have runny eyes like me, you will not be happy with the result. Moist air or a drizzle will make you look like a panda which could only be useful for halloween. Lol.

This isn't for me but that doesn't mean i'm going to review it badly because it isn't a bad product.

The good parts:

Cute bottle packaging
Chemical free
No clumps
Nourishing formula
Natural look
Soft lashes

The bad parts:

Brush is short and i smear it on my eyelid every time
Smudges like crazy
No drama to speak of

This is a running around doing errands mascara or a sensitive eyes mascara but it's not my ideal formula i'm afraid. I have short lashes though and for people with long naturally lush lashes this is probably going to be a total winner.
I like it, it just doesn't tick all my boxes unfortunately.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was given this mascara as a gift, so I can't speak to the price, but this is the WORST mascara brush EVER.

I've been using brushes from different tubes of mascara to apply this product. It goes on well and is only slightly prone to clumping. I have not had any issue with smudging and it is easy to remove with soap and water. I'm just generally very meh toward this product. There is too much competition for me to waste my time on this dud from Lush.

Love the brush, great for a natural look or you can layer it for thick fake looking lashes. Handy size for travelling and lasts ages despite only being small. Also great as I have sensitive eyes this doesn't contain lots of different chemicals and is easy to remove.

This is my favourite mascara ever! I've always found that by the end of the day my eyes are watery and red... Not with this product. My eyes are happy all day, and it comes off really easily when I wash my face. It does not smudge under my eyes like other mascaras do, even waterproof ones! It applies very smooth and I never have any clumps. The brush feels weird the first few times but now I love how short it is because I have much more control. I usually do two coats and this stuff lasts me way longer than any other mascara. It's really easy with the small brush to apply just to the outer corners as well, which I like rather than applying multiple coats all over. I hope Lush makes this forever!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really undecided on this product...

It is very natural looking and very good for day-to-day wear. It leaves lashes very soft, and has a great colour. I don't overly mind that the wand is very short, but I'm not a huge fan of the wand itself - by this i mean the bristles. I find that the shape of the wand/the bristles are not as good as many others I have tried.

The product takes a long time to dry. I find I have to be very careful for a long time after application to avoid getting it everywhere.

One thing I REALLY love is that it can also be used as a gel eyeliner. Goes on and stays on beautifully. I prefer this as an eyeliner than as a mascara.

At the end of the day, I'm very undecided as to whether I would re-purchase this. The high price is a deterrent, and even though it is really good and natural for lashes, I think I would need more convincing to buy this again

This has to be the worst packaging on a cosmetic product ever! I donít mind the brush being short, but the rim of the cap is very wide and so itís extremely difficult to get the wand anywhere near your eyes without leaving smudges everywhere. I was so disappointed that I returned it to the shop for a refund. Even the Lush manager agreed that the packaging was terrible and admitted that the other SAís bend the wand to a right angle to get it to function. Canít comment on the quality of the product as I didn't get to use it.

This would be my HG mascara if it was even mildly waterproof. It is not waterproof at all. If it is raining outside, this will smear down your face. If you cry, you will lose it all. If you get watery eyes, prepare to have some smearage. Thus, I only wear this if I'm not PMSing and if there is no forecast of rain. It's kind of sad when you have to check the weather before choosing your mascara. Seriously.

PROS
- does not create clumps
- darkens and lengthens
- leaves lashes feeling soft
- lashes feel stronger and healthier after using

CONS
- not waterproof AT ALL.
- glass bottle isn't safe for travel (or allowed on planes, right?)
- extremely short brush/wand

I only do one coat, so this gives no volume. Other reviewers mention that it is buildable. I cannot confirm because I have not tried it. If you have short and few eyelashes and you only want to do one coat, this is NOT the mascara for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm not totally in love with this mascara but I would purchase it again. At $15 for me, it was twice what my usual mascara cost. It comes in this weird tiny black jar instead of the regular tube which I thought was really cool. The mascara itself has a very faint scent to it that is pleasant and dissipates quickly. I've noticed that it makes my lashes clump together though and I really hate that. I have to comb my eyelashes before and after application before this dries in order to prevent that. It's a bit of a pain. It also takes a long, long time to dry. Like, this should be the last step in your eye make-up routine or you WILL get black gel all over everything. Nothing really bad to say about it though, I would recommend that a friend give it a try. I think it's one of those products that you either love or hate.

Words cannot say how much I love this mascara. At first I was on the fence about the packaging and the mini wand brush. But now after several weeks of use I have gotten use to it and actually prefer it! Its so easy to use and with the shorter length I can really get to all the shorter lashes and easily apply to my lower lashes. The formula of this mascara is unlike anything I have ever used. It is impossible to clump! Its very inky, liquidy. Beautiful rich dark black color, I like the smell and it doesn't irritate my super over sensitive skin/eyes. It easily comes off with my mary kay eye makeup remover. After several weeks of use I feel like my lashes are healthier, maybe even thicker. Its easy to build up some volume with this stuff, apply, let dry a few moments and then reapply. My HG for sure.

Popular Mascaras