September 1, 2014 | 1978 users online

Foundations - Avon - Ideal Flawless Matte Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to use the Avon Beyond Color Line Softening Mousse foundation in a jar which is discontinued. I thought this may be similar. I tried the creamy natural which is in the medium shades because too light shades look mask-like on my fair skin. I have some freckles and spots I want to tone down. I want a soft matte unmade-up look that doesn't settle into crows feet. This is OK, it is very thick and a little goes a long way. It does not really cover spots well but it does soften them a little. No shine by the end of the day. This color is cool toned so does help with any redness. I think I would buy again as I really haven't found anything better lately in my price range.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by zella_angel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been using the Ideal Flawless Liquid (Light Beige) foundation for a year and I really loved it for the price, and recently I bought the mousse wanting to have a lighter version for the summer. (Also in Light Beige) Note: If you have a yellow undertone this will work better for you, if you have a pink try cream beige.

First off it smells really perfumed, stronger than the liquid and the smell doesn't fade as quickly. I apply with a flat topped synthetic buffer brush and a little goes a long way.
It's advertised as a light to medium coverage. The coverage at first is that of a light tinted moisturizer. I added a second layer and it didn't cake up, but it also didn't really approach a medium coverage. This is in direct sunlight and bright office lights. In a dimmer restaurant setting it gave the illusion of much better coverage and completely flawless skin tone. So you might consider it for a club or evening setting.

In direct sun I saw a quarter the shiny pigments I see when using the liquid. Unless your looking super close they are completely unnoticeable.

I will keep it in a drawer for emergency because I found the high perfume distractingly annoying even after an hour and it started causing my face to itch slightly but no redness.

Also while it doesn't really settle in lines a lot, it also doesn't blur or make them less noticeable so I think it is a great teenager to early adult foundation if your just looking for polish and even skin tone.

Pros:
-Buildable coverage and extremely blendable
-Soft matte Powder finish
-Light Silky feel when on. Not as mask like as the liquid.
-Almost no glitter in full sun/direct light

Cons:
-Unpleasant smell
-No SPF
-very light coverage

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I keep wanting to really love Avon foundations but always end up finding something about them that doesn't sit well with me. I love the texture of this foundation but, as with pretty much every Avon foundation I've tried, the coverage is inadequate. This looks and feels like a tinted moisturizer once I get it on. And what's with the colors? I'm NC44 in Mac - In one Avon formula I'm Soft Honey. In another I'm Caramel. In this I'm Nutmeg. This formula doesn't look bad on me, but it just doesn't do much for me.