August 30, 2014 | 977 users online

Conditioner - L'Oreal - Elvive Arginine Resist X3/Triple resist Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by shinylips221

I bought this as I have bra strap length long hair with a slight wave which I dye every 4 weeks at home.
I've always shed hair during/after showers & so was excited to see a hair masque that would prevent this very issue. I also liked that the product was in a tub, as its easier to scoop out & apply the conditioner in the EXACT amount you want. I tried this 6xs total: the first few times I shampooed, applied the conditioner & popped my shower cap on while I shaved, etc. Then I rinsed it out. I only started having issues with this product when I left the product on WITHOUT the shower cap & shaved, etc. My scalp has started itching profusely, ditto my back where the hair's touched it. I now have little raised red hives that itch intensely, too.
The itching is so bad I'm using a 12hr Allergy pill to relive the itch & reduce the redness.
I will NOT buy this again & would urge others to use caution as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Tickle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have dry hair from colouring and I can pretty much use any conditioner, but this conditioner was horrible! It did not condition at all! Usually when I apply conditioner (onto wet hair) I will comb through with my fingers, but I absolutely could not with this - it felt creamy in my hands, but there was no slickness once in my hair. When I rinsed it out, it was as if I hadn't even conditioned - think tangly, post-shampoo hair. Once out of the shower, I couldn't comb my hair, and it was dry and flyaway. I was extremely disappointed as I expected more from L'Oreal. Tsk tsk...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

Okay so, let me start off by saying I'm reviewing the very first version released in Mexico (In 2011) Cause later the line got reformulated for the bad.

I was using an Elvive total repair shampoo before trying this, because I was lightening my hair with a chamomille shampoo that was drying. I alternated them and my hair really liked the Elvive shampoo, so when I ran out of it, I asked my mom to repurchase it. But to my surprise, she arrived home with a new shampoo and conditioner that were just released, I remember seeing them as treasures. I was like wooow, these look so luxurious (and they were also big bottles)

I always used this after washing with the matching shampoo, applied on dripping hair and left only while washing my body and then rinsed with cool water. My hair started getting super healthy, like never before: Amazing shine, silkiness, clean, lightweight but not flyaway or nowhere near dry, soft, and my hair had definition and body. My hair was always left soo clean, even after sleeping on it, the next whole day it would be clean (And the greasiness would start appearing at night suddenly!! Like that would let me wash my hair again that night!) I started using honey and almond oil masks two times a week, and an avocado/mayonnaise/Egg mask once in a while, and also a lightweight spray leave in.
All that made my hair silky and healthy like never before, I was amazed with my hair. I would look myself in the mirror all the time, and also see my hair in the sun, reflecting all the light and undertones gorgeously.

My mother's wavy hair also changed so much, her spirals were amazingly silky and shiny and I couldn't stop touching them, I would always twist her waves more with my fingers.

After around a month and a half or more, I noticed my hair started getting quite meh, more boring and boring and dull... I didn't know what was happening but I just continued with my haircare routine. When I finished up the shampoo, a lot of conditioner was left. But after finishing the shampoo, my hair was so boring and not healthy again.... I never realized it was BUILD UP! ....GOD! I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT BUILD UP WAS! I never knew I had to clarify my hair once in a while so haircare products kept working well with my hair. This is a silicone line, so of course I needed to clarify.. but I didn't know anything about build up or silicones back then. If I had clarified, my hair would've never gotten boring!! And let me say the boredom with this line started when using conditioner for my cinnamon lightening treatments (leaving the conditioner with it overnight once a week) so of course the product was going to build up!

And then, a new year started and new shampoos came a long the way (Extremely shitty ones, I must say) Dandruff rained upon me and the use of harsh shampoos was necessary. And no, it wasn't thanks to the Elvive line.. it's thanks to my daddy's genes that suddenly started acting (And later my brother living in another city got dandruff too) my daddy's family has an history of dandruff, and his own scalp is so unhealthy.. he never treats it. So anyway, the use of anti dandruff shampoos was necessary.. unfortunately. They're all so crappy and not gentle with your hair. So there I had some of this conditioner left, and after obviously clarifying with all of the dandruff shampoos (They stripped my hair and some of them didn't have silicones, so of course my hair was more than clarified) I decided to use it. I really only used it a few times on its own, and was always left dissatisfied... it looked dirty! My dry ends didn't get moisturized! So I decided that it only worked with the matching shampoo. So it was not of those conditioners that you could use with another shampoo.

Later on I threw the bottle away... and some months later the line gets reformulated for the bad. And I didn't try the new conditioner, but I did try the shampoo........ it was even worse than pantene.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by DC1981

I got a sample of this in the mail and when I first tried it, I thought it was great (but smelly). So I bought the shampoo and conditioner. For a couple weeks it really seemed to be working. My hair is thin and fine and frizzy. I didn't have to use a leave in conditioner or blow dry my hair to get it straight. But after a month of using it, it seems to have stopped working. My hair is frizzy again. Now I feel like I am paying more money for the same results as what I using previously, plus a funky smell that lasts until the next washing. After I run out my current bottles I won't bother buying this one again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by joana7

I'll start by saying that I have really thin hair that tangles like crazy and is very prone to breakage and split ends. I bought this conditioner hoping that it would help keeping my hair strong.

It takes a while for this conditioner to "sink in", I need to massage it on to my hair for a while before it begins feeling softer and I can detangle it or at least run my fingers through it. This feels counterproductive, as so much massaging/running fingers on wet hair has the potential to create hair breakage... exactly the opposite that you would expect when using a conditioner like this!

So dry haired ladies, do NOT expect this conditioner to leave your hair very moisturized. I alternate this conditioner with the one from the Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie line and whenever I use the L'Oreal one, I follow with a leave-in conditioner for extra moisture.

This conditioner is slightly more expensive than other drugstore conditioners.The smell is not my favourite but OK anyway... it's strangely similar to the anti-breakage line (yellow packages) also from L'Oreal, although a little less intense. The texture is not thick or watery, just creamy enough. The big plus is the packaging, which is quite nice and practical.

I can't tell if this conditioner makes my hair stronger but I will finish up the bottle I have and by then I will hopefully get a better picture of what it does. I'm not sure I will repurchase this as I read quite good reviews on the Gliss Kur Ultimate Repair conditioner and I might try it instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by buffydoggy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was excited about this product. I have dry, thin, wavy hair that falls out when combed after the shower, so I thought this product would be perfect for me. I have used it for a month and I have to say my hair is not conditioned at all! After the shower, my hair comes out like a bird's nest and I can't comb through my hair without massive amounts of hair falling out. It's so much worse with this product than any other conditioner I've tried before. I'll go back to my Aussie 3 Minute Miracle, thank you!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by ReginaDrake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is brilliant and easy to use. It smells fantastic but not overall strong. It's kinda expensive but it last ages! All in all I really wanted to love this product, but it wasn't meant to happen. It leaves my hair feeling greasy and it doesn't make it stronger nor it does stop breakage of any kind. For breaking and falling (of hair) I would recommend the L'Oreal Elvive Anti-break/Anti-fall, it's cheaper, get's the work done and leaves your hair clean and not greasy/oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this conditioner improve the structure of the hair from root to tip. It nourish the root and the hair is stronger! It makes my hair silky soft and shiny! They look more healthy! Love it!