October 23, 2014 | 1337 users online

Hair Treatments - L'Oreal - Nutri-Sleek Precious Oils

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by SeraBenoit

Absolute HG status!!! Best hair product hands down. I put it in right after the shower and then again after hair dries; I don't use anything else. It leaves my hair smelling divine and looking shiny, silky, and smooth. Hair is totally frizz-less! It is also extremely light - my hair doesn't look/feel greasy and neither do my hands after applying it. I LOVE THIS STUFF!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

Before trying this product I was using Morrocanoil hair treatment, yet due to its high price and mediocre results, I was on the search for something less expensive that still provided good results. This is it. My friend recommended this to me and I'm glad I tried it! I use it after straightening my hair to give my hair one final moisturizing boost and shine. It has a beautiful, heavy, quality-made bottle that I really like. The consistency of the product is thinner than Morrocanoil yet it definitely absorbs better. I put two squirts, spread it out in my hands and run my hands and fingers through my long hair to spread it out evenly. I finish it all by brushing my hair a bit. The smell is very nice and lingers in my hair for a bit. And one of the greatest perks is its extremely low price! I will definitely buy this again until I can find a better hair oil at such a competitive price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I think the Nutri-Sleek is supposed to be the 'economy' version of Kerastase's Elixir Ultime and the L'Oreal Mythic Oil. Many of the ingredients are the same between the three, but in different proportions, and they're all made by the same parent company L'Oreal. Sadly, the Nutrisleek is not even a somewhat close dupe of the Kerastase (or even the Mythic Oil), and the Nutisleek feels very silicone-y on the hair. The Nutrisleek's also not moistuirizing like its more expensive counterparts, and because of that I found I needed to use a lot more product. Unfortunately, Nutrisleek also does not deliver the same hydrated, glossy shine as the Kerastase Elixir does. But on the plus side- I did find that the Nutrisleek is actually quite comparable to BioSilk's Silk Therapy, and a much better value if you're a BioSilk user. I had high hopes for the Nutrisleek, but will continue to use my beloved Kerastase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It claims to:
** provide smooth, supple texture with silky finish [smooth: yes, supple: rather than supple, it keeps the hair tamed, even after 1 day without wash, silky finish: definitely yes]
** protects against humidity [can't comment since I bought this in winter, but it does lock in moisture to prevent dry looking hair]
The only downfall for this product is the smell. It stinks. Plain and simple. Has a very strong musky smell that reminds me of horrible perfumes from the 80s and 90s, as well as those sprays that people use after using the toilette in public. It claims to provide a "sublime smoothing care." I don't find anything "sublime" about this product. I guess there are people out there that like the smell of strong musky scent. Although it contains flower oils there's nothing floral about it. I wouldn't use this before cooking as the scent remains on hand for quite some time. It disappears after couple of hours (from hand and hair to some extent; on hair slight scent is left over if you put your nose to your hair, but you can't smell the scent on a constant basis like right after application of product). It has a thick gel like texture that isn't greasy what so ever despite the fact that it contains flower oils. Even on hair it isn't oily either. However, if you have really fine and soft textured hair, I guess you would have to try out and see if it wears your hair down. The reason why I say that is because my hair is on the medium to thick side that's straight. I don't know about people with permed hair either. But I can say for certain that this product isn't heavy on the hair, and it really does provide a silky feeling on hair after application. Even as time passes by, the hair doesn't feel weighed down or heavy or greasy (of course that would depend on how oily your hair is normally as well as how many days you go without washing your hair). Packaging wise, the product is contained in a see through, very sturdy glass with pump at the top. Usually about $12 CDN plus taxes but got on sale for about $7 CDN plus taxes. The product works according to claims for the most part but would never buy this again due to the scent. The smell is just too offensive for my taste, even if it disappears after couple of hours. Therefore, 4 lippies (1 off for scent), but as I just said, would never buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by redgoose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this serum. it feels weightless in my long fine hair and is a dry oil almost, as there is no greasy afterfeel in my hair or on my hands. i got it on sale for $6.99 at SDM; normal price is around $12ish which is a bit high for drugstore but it is a generous amount and you only need 1-2 pumps. as per the directions, you can use it pre shampoo as a treatment, or as a normal serum pre styling or after styling as a finisher. it has a HORRIBLE cologne scent but it dissipates almost instantly and there is no scent in my hair/on my hands. i love this serum and would def buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Mzunga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this was crap, did nothing for my hair, doesn;t really blend well, just kind of sits at the top...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Marigold67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! Dare I say, I find it comparable to the Shu Uemura Essence Absolue that is $60+ CDN with similar flower oils in it. It's lighter than morroccan oil so it's nicer for those of us with finer hair.

I bought this on sale at Pharmaprix for $6.99, which was a really good price for that store. Generally it runs around $10-$12, but you can find it at WalMart for $9. The bottle is made of glass & is quite substantial. It does not feel like a mass market/drug store item at all.

I use it on the lower half & ends of my hair when it's wet & a touch more as a smoother/tamer when I'm done styling. Half a pump is more than enough for my dyed blonde strands when rubbed in my hands & worked in. My hair always gets a little staticky in the fall/winter seasons & this has completely taken care of the pesky fly-aways!

Definitely a repurchase & I can see it lasting me well into the next year.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this oil is made of 6 flowers oils. It smooths out the hair,leaves them smooth and shiny! It make them sleek and soft! I did apply it on wet hair and let them dry naturally. I really like that nutri-sleek hair line by l'oreal! Love it!