Marcelle BB Cream-to-Powder

3.3

on 5/13/2015 1:01:00 AM

I ordered this via the Marcelle web site, since AFAIK no US retailers carry Marcelle. That's a shame, because I really like their products.

I apply this with a UD Optical Blur brush. It blends easily, lasts all day, and covers redness well. I use the Light to Medium shade (I'm a medium in most brands). I haven't had any problems with the compact that other reviewers mentioned, but I've only had mine for a couple of months.

It's $22.95, which is relatively high for a drugstore brand, but the web site has regular sales, and I got mine for 40% off.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My review is really based on using both the Marcelle BB cream and BB cream-to-powder together, as I rarely use this stuff on it's own.

Really love this product. I'm on my 4th compact. I use it in combination with the Marcelle BB cream (after moisturizing of course) and together the 2 give me the perfect amount of light coverage I need. People frequently compliment my skin and ask what (if any) make up I'm using when I wear this stuff. It has a very natural finish.

Colour selection is very limited as is often the case with BB creams. I am very fair skinned and find the Light to Medium shade a perfect match for me.

Staying power is decent. Typically lasts a full day with one, maybe two minor touch ups. Doesn't settle into fine lines but then I use a very light application. I apply with a foundation brush as I don't like to use sponges.

I will say that while the packaging is very pretty to look at, it is not at all durable. Every one of the 4 compacts that I've purchased has broken. Every one of them! First the little latch thingy will come apart and then eventually the compact will break into 2 pieces. And it literally comes without any warning. It's not like I drop it or use too much force opening it. It seems to just break apart in my hands without any stress put on it whatsoever! So annoying! And don't be thinking that I'm hard on my make up...no sireee bob. I do keep this in my purse for touch ups through out the day but it fits nice and snug in my make up bag and is not flying around loose. It is utterly baffling how easily this thing falls apart.

That said, the product itself does work very well for me so it's a definite repurchase. I guess I'll just look forward to the 5th compact falling apart on me yet again.

on 11/21/2014 2:51:00 PM

I liked their BB cream well enough but needed an simplified morning routine that involved less steps, so this works pretty well for me! I love the cream to powder formula, and I think the color might be a little better for me too. Would buy again even though I am not wearing foundation that often lately. Only downside- I replaced the little round sponge with a fresh one from a bag of cosmetic sponges I bought at the drug store- it's thicker than the one that was packed in, so when I snapped the lid closed, the little jibby jabby that secures the lid down snapped and popped off. I am a little weary to carry this with me now because it doesn't close tightly anymore :/ Oh well! Still like the product, glad to do my color and my powder in one step.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This just didn't have any coverage on my skin no matter how much I applied. The more I tried to add coverage the more cakey it became. Even when I put the liquid bb cream underneath it didn't add to the coverage it just made a blending nightmare.I tried sponges fingers and brushes couldn't get this to work which made me sad because I wanted to love it

If you have dry skin this is not for you it emphasizes the small dry patches like between my eyebrows.

I agree with the cream to powder claim it really does a great job of that and doing it quickly

They have deluxe sample kits with 2 other products for 17 dollars I would try that kit rather than full size.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm happy to say that after having a terrible experience with Marcelle's Anti-Aging BB cream, this cream-to-powder worked fairly well for me.

I think I paid around $20 - $25 for it, which isn't too bad but I wouldn't mind paying a bit less for it especially since you really don't get much of the actual product.The packaging is nice. It fits well in my makeup bag, has a nice little compact mirror, and there's a divider between the actual product and the applicator puff.

I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to proper foundation application technique (I've never really been one to wear the stuff regularly), but this stuff blends fairly well. You'll definitely want to apply a moisturizer first as this is a powder and will stick to any dry patches.

My biggest issue with this product is how greasy my face got, particularly my nose and chin, just within an hour or so of wearing it. But I've found that if I apply Marcelle's Pressed Powder over it it doesn't get as greasy as fast. I definitely keep my pressed powder on hand for when my face does start to get a bit shiny in spots. But the combination of the two products works well for me on days when I'm flushed/splotchy and feel like wearing makeup.

I probably won't be buying this consistently because I don't wear it often. But it's nice to have in the makeup bag for when it's needed.

on 1/21/2013 3:17:00 PM

I got this in a holiday deal pack with the liquid BB. But I just like the consistency and ease of use with the cream to powder and having been using this exclusively for the past month. It feels so nice and gives a smooth light finish. It obviously isn't heavy coverage, but it isn't meant to be. I really love how nicely it goes on and am amazed that with only two shades, one of them (the lighter one) looks so great on my very fair skin.

My big HOWEVER is that this stuff goes quickly! I think I've had it for about 4 weeks max and I have not used it every day and I've already hit pan! I'm not too disappointed because it was on sale and basically half price but I am guessing I will be finished the product in another month. So at regular price (around $25 at SDM) it would cost about $150/year.

I can think of better ways to spend $150. (Latte factor anyone ;)

on 11/1/2012 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've only had this product for a few days so maybe its too soon to tell, but so far i love it. I've been using MAC studiofix concealer for years now and wanted something light that would still provide coverage as well as skin-benefiting ingredients, and this is it. Its so light and fluffy, doesn't feel like you're wearing stitch of makeup. Although the coverage isnt as great as MAC concealers and foundation, it still covers redness. Plus since its oil free, paraben free and perfume free it can only improve your skin. absolutely would recommend!

on 8/4/2012 12:21:00 AM

This is an all-new product to accompany Marcelle's original BB Cream (sans SPF and anti-aging ingrediants). This 8-in-1 product is basically the cream formula with a new texture/finish. It is housed in a white/clear plastic compact, complete with mirror and puff for touch-ups on the go. It can be used alone or overtop the original for more coverage. Not only is this hypo-allergenic, it is also perfume-free, paraben free, oil-free and non-comedogenic. Available in 2 shades (Light to Medium, Medium to Dark) and priced at $22.95.

So, what do I think? I was skeptical on the idea of a BB cream in a compact. I had never heard of such a thing but as soon as my fingers touched the cream it was pure heaven. This cream, once blended onto your skin transforms into a velvety powder. It blurs the imperfections and covered my pores as well as redness around my nose. My skin felt soft and smooth to the fingers, probably due to the silicones in it. The shades matched quite well to my NC25 skintone, but I'd imagine this will be too dark come winter. This supposedly has self-adjusting pigments, but I don't know how this would get any lighter once I lose my summer tan.

I have not actually used this allover my face, but rather as a spot concealer overtop sunscreen (under the eyes, around the nose and on large pores on my cheeks). I then add my blush, bronzer etc and am good to go. I do not find this to transfer, add shine or wear off throughout the day. It does appear a bit dry by the 6th hour, but nothing that a spritz of MAC's fix + can't handle.

While I like this product as a concealer, I can't help but see this as a marketing gimmick. It seems like companies nowadays throw out the term BB cream on just about anything...If you truly want something that is more like an Asian BB cream but at a drugstore price, try Marcelle's newest BB Cream with anti-aging ingrediants and SPF 20 (fuschia label) or Annabelle's BB Cream Multi-action beauty balm with SPF 15.