December 22, 2014 | 1675 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Clinique - Even Better Eyes, Dark Circle Corrector

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by raluko

I`m on my second tube of this now. At first, I wasn`t overly impressed because it didn`t seem to be more than an under-eye moisturizer. But then I had another tutorial when I was getting a makeover at the Clinique counter and the sales staff told me to store it in the fridge and taught me how to massage my under-eye area. That made all the difference. My dark circles haven`t disappeared, but then I do have a job that means spending endless hours staring at computer screens. However, this has made some major improvements. I use it mornings, then during the day I use the All about eyes serum when needed. Loving it.

PS- Speaking of Clinique, whatever happened to being courteous to customers in Japan? I swear, the Japanese sales staff can be downright rude to foreign customers. They never make eye contact, at our last purchase the sales woman made some off-color remarks to my friend which she assumed we wouldn`t understand, then while all the other customers who were purchasing $20 chubby sticks were getting samples of everything, the sales woman refused to give us even one sample. Clean up your act, Clinique Japan and shame on your sales staff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle. My hopes are over though. No improvement so far. My lines and dark circles are still there.
I'm almost convinced that nothing can help my dark circles and I need a great product for lines, no luck yet.
The cream is good as a makeup primer, it's a bit shimmery though. Most importantly, no results do far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, what a little wonder! I am a bit surprised by all the bad reviews for this product, because it really did wonders for me, and right from the first application.

I got this from the airport on my way to a Greek island, where I knew I won't be wearing much makeup. I have a bit of a problem with dark circles and over the years I've tried any concealer you can imagine: YSL Touche Eclat (not really a concealer, in any case it made them worse, I ended up with a grey thing under my eyes) Bobbi Brown's creamy corrector and concealer kit (trully awful, you could tell from miles I was wearing something, all my under-eye lines seemed worse and did not do much to cover either), some from Mac (too heavy) Dior (same as YSL), Clinique's airbrush concealer (not too bad but colour selection not great) so I was really getting desperate.

I've read the reviews here and I was not sure I wanted to spend for Clinique's Even Better, but when I checked it at the airport it did not look sparkly at all. In fact, it looks more like a light primer that goes completely transparent, so I thought it can't be that bad, but I still wasn't sure whether it will highlight darkness like most light concealers I've tried.

And well, from the very first application, my eyes looked bright immediately! I don't know whether people are trying to use this as a concealer and apply it heavily - I think it's an eye cream, not a concealer. I use a bit with the applicator, and apply it with my fingers after that and you can't tell I am wearing anything - just like a normal eye cream, only better because the area looks bright!

Yes it is expensive (30 but slightly cheaper at the airport...) but I will definitely get this again, and I doubt if I'll ever go without it...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Mellc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is more of a sheer under eye moisturizer. Doesn't really do anything for my dark circles. Light sheer peachy tint. Also collects in creases by mid day. Not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

Skip this. It makes no difference whatsoever and it isn't even moisturising. I don't have dry eyes but some circles. I don't recommend this at all, it just doesn't do anything. All about eyes is much better. I'm not someone that has that much space in my regime to try out new things, so when I do I want them to have a good chance at working.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Allison1ivonne

I like this product a lot! It definitely helped my dark circles!!!! I recommend buying it. Worth the price!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Nice if all you want is a lightweight under eye moisturizer,
No lightening what so ever, no wrinkle fighting except for the moisture.
For this effect I can save my money use something with better results.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the worst eye cream I've ever used. It is a yellowish peach color with a bit of shimmer that actually made my eyes look worse! It accentuated every line and wrinkle and made me look older. It did nothing for the dark circles either. This one is a loser and the price is ridiculous. Try Shiseido's Ibuki correcting cream. Works much better!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by emalemonpie

After splashing out about £30 for this product I imagined it would provide a better service than it has. I've seen no change in my under eye dark circles and the cream is much too light and moist for something that is supposed to provide coverage for dark circles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm about to purchase my 3rd tube of this. It's a peachy gel-creme moisturiser that gives a little boost of hydration around my eyes. It's got a lot of slip/silicone feel and any dark circle coverage is just a cosmetic result of the slight tint. I'll repeat what lots of other people have said: this is a moisturiser, not a concealer. I don't have dark circles so I just benefit from the moisture. And that's good enough. Never had any discomfort or irritation. I usually just squeeze a small dot out on my finger and pat around my eye. The metal tip on the tube is cooling, but I'd rather control application using my finger. Have tried a number of other eye creams and for the money this does a good job. Not quite HG, but getting there.