October 25, 2014 | 1766 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Clinique - Even Better Eyes, Dark Circle Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, what a little wonder! I am a bit surprised by all the bad reviews for this product, because it really did wonders for me, and right from the first application.

I got this from the airport on my way to a Greek island, where I knew I won't be wearing much makeup. I have a bit of a problem with dark circles and over the years I've tried any concealer you can imagine: YSL Touche Eclat (not really a concealer, in any case it made them worse, I ended up with a grey thing under my eyes) Bobbi Brown's creamy corrector and concealer kit (trully awful, you could tell from miles I was wearing something, all my under-eye lines seemed worse and did not do much to cover either), some from Mac (too heavy) Dior (same as YSL), Clinique's airbrush concealer (not too bad but colour selection not great) so I was really getting desperate.

I've read the reviews here and I was not sure I wanted to spend for Clinique's Even Better, but when I checked it at the airport it did not look sparkly at all. In fact, it looks more like a light primer that goes completely transparent, so I thought it can't be that bad, but I still wasn't sure whether it will highlight darkness like most light concealers I've tried.

And well, from the very first application, my eyes looked bright immediately! I don't know whether people are trying to use this as a concealer and apply it heavily - I think it's an eye cream, not a concealer. I use a bit with the applicator, and apply it with my fingers after that and you can't tell I am wearing anything - just like a normal eye cream, only better because the area looks bright!

Yes it is expensive (30 but slightly cheaper at the airport...) but I will definitely get this again, and I doubt if I'll ever go without it...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Mellc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is more of a sheer under eye moisturizer. Doesn't really do anything for my dark circles. Light sheer peachy tint. Also collects in creases by mid day. Not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

Skip this. It makes no difference whatsoever and it isn't even moisturising. I don't have dry eyes but some circles. I don't recommend this at all, it just doesn't do anything. All about eyes is much better. I'm not someone that has that much space in my regime to try out new things, so when I do I want them to have a good chance at working.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Allison1ivonne

I like this product a lot! It definitely helped my dark circles!!!! I recommend buying it. Worth the price!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Nice if all you want is a lightweight under eye moisturizer,
No lightening what so ever, no wrinkle fighting except for the moisture.
For this effect I can save my money use something with better results.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the worst eye cream I've ever used. It is a yellowish peach color with a bit of shimmer that actually made my eyes look worse! It accentuated every line and wrinkle and made me look older. It did nothing for the dark circles either. This one is a loser and the price is ridiculous. Try Shiseido's Ibuki correcting cream. Works much better!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by emalemonpie

After splashing out about £30 for this product I imagined it would provide a better service than it has. I've seen no change in my under eye dark circles and the cream is much too light and moist for something that is supposed to provide coverage for dark circles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm about to purchase my 3rd tube of this. It's a peachy gel-creme moisturiser that gives a little boost of hydration around my eyes. It's got a lot of slip/silicone feel and any dark circle coverage is just a cosmetic result of the slight tint. I'll repeat what lots of other people have said: this is a moisturiser, not a concealer. I don't have dark circles so I just benefit from the moisture. And that's good enough. Never had any discomfort or irritation. I usually just squeeze a small dot out on my finger and pat around my eye. The metal tip on the tube is cooling, but I'd rather control application using my finger. Have tried a number of other eye creams and for the money this does a good job. Not quite HG, but getting there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by heva11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is NOT a concealer. I bought this as a treatment for under eyes (not that mine are particularly dark). This product is very expensive, but in my opinion... worth it! The soft peachy colour of the treatment worked really well in neutralizing my darker under eye and smoothed out the complexion. I could reapply it throughout the day for a more natural effect rather than applying concealer (I don't like the 'caked' feeling)..

Packaging is really cute, although pretty much all of the print has rubbed off, which shouldnt happen with a $50 small tube.

Only down side... I find that after it starts to dry, it can gather in the creases around eyes. This did not bother me too much as I don't wear much eye make up and once the majority of the treatment dried, I would use my finger time to rub the excess in the skin with one swipe. I think if you want to wear eyeshadow/liner etc this will bother you.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Shaker19

This product is okay.....wish is had more benefits to it beside the fact that it works on puffy eyes...that's it! Coverage is minimal and you have to reply it again later. Very $$$$$$. I am a big fan I Clinique but this particular products didn't do much.