July 30, 2014 | 984 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer Creme Compact SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: Love it applied with a damp sponge over moisturizer. I got sheer coverage like the tube with buildable coverage where I need it, plus wonderful portability. I think the compact is cute. I will definitely be buying a refill. Also, by using a damp sponge to apply, I can see the compact will last me longer than the tube.

I like the LM tinted moisturizer in a tube a lot, but it's too runny for air travel. Decided to try this one with some trips coming up. Very impressed with it. Has a bit more coverage and slightly drier texture than the tube formula, true. Putting it on with a damp sponge helped get the coverage I want. With heavy moisturizer underneath (which I need anyway), it'll be fine. Porcelain is the right match for me. Expensive but not as pricey as other brands I could name.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Clogging after 1 week. Nope.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by jamiegirl95

This product gives great coverage. I have blotchy, freckled, sun damaged skin and this gives me great coverage and feels like your wearing nothing on your skin. Blends beautifully and doesn't settle into creases. It also lasts ALL day. Most of these types of foundations look like they have hit the road by mid day but not this one. And that's WITHOUT a primer. My only complaint is the price but sometimes you get what you pay for. I will keep purchasing because there is nothing like it ( I've tried many including BE, Laura Geller, and Smashbox Halo).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hello. S/A. Are you LISTENING TO ME???? I want the Tinted Moisterizer! Anyway, in a moment of "whatever" I allowed the Laura Mercier S/A talk me into making the purchase of this Tinted Moisterizer Creme Compact in "Bisque".
Here's how it went down: I went to the counter. Asked for the Tinted Moisterizer. The S/A took this compact out and began to slap it on my face. I looked in the mirror. Said "Hey, this looks like Sh(t! It's oxidizing!. So she took a lighter color--namelingly "Bisque" proceeded to apply it to my face.
Said "I can't see how it REALLY looks in this lighting", but I bought it and figured that maybe it would not be too bad.
Next morning: Applying this garbage: Doesn't cover. Looks patchy. STILL oxidizes.
Taking it back and EXCHANGING for the tube of tinted moisterizer.
Note to Laura Mercier.
Miz Mercier. EEF you 'ire zeeze S/A, to sell your product, plez. Tich zem to 'ave knowledge about zee product you ahr selling. Zey do not know enyzing about your product. Eef I am to be a fool, plez let me be a fool with a S/A who knows about your garbage product.
Jarona.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised to see the negative reviews. This product has been great for me. I used blush in the winter, and nude in the sunnier months. I love how easy it is to apply. And it's super natural looking, while providing significant coverage.

I will say I go through it relatively quickly as there's not a lot in the pack. But I love it still.

Works great with my dry skin.

I thought this would be a gym or errand day product, but it's turned into just about the only foundation/powder I use on all occasions.

I'm on my fourth compact. Love it. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by lydi

I wanted to like this,but like what the previous reviewer said, it just doesnt blend into my skin. It turns patchy within hours no matter how well I moisturise and even after I use the LM oil free make up base. After trying it a couple of times, I give up. It is going to the bin even though its so expensive. :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Let me say first that this product has nothing in common with Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer. Zero, nada. Using "Tinted Moisturizer" in the product name appears to me to be a marketing gimmick to reel people in who are fans of the TM or are familiar with it due to its cult status.

I've been looking for a cream foundation compact to replace Vincent Longo Water Canvas, which I like quite a bit but is not HG (though I'm finding it might be as close as I'm going to get.) My HG foundation is Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup (in shade 020 Light Beige, for reference) which makes my skin look drop-dead gorgeous, glowy, and flawless but I like to have a couple of other options. I like a cream compact foundation for ease of application and for more casual occasions - I don't need to have vavoom skin just to run to Target on the weekend.

So far I've tested out DiorSkin Nude Natural Glow Crème-Gel, Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation, Illamasqua Cream Foundation and this. I'm not pleased with any of these options.

This foundation is quite heavy and cakey and does not blend well if you use the included sponge applicator. I think a few have described it as waxy, and I'd have to agree. I've experimented with it quite a bit, using 2 different foundation brushes, 2 other sponge applicators, and tried using a damp Beauty Blender type sponge. The latter worked the best, and a traditional flat foundation brush worked quite well as well. However, I'm just not loving it. It sits on my skin rather than blending in, tends to look patchy, and separates on my nose immediately despite all of my efforts. Finally, it makes my skin feel tight and dry after a few hours of wear. (It really accentuates any dry patches if you apply it with a dry sponge.)

Coverage is medium to heavy depending on which application method one uses. The finish is on the matte side. Unless you are really taken with this formula, keep looking. There are much, much better foundations out there. No reason to settle for something so mediocre.

On a positive note, it's a very good color match in shade Blush for my neutral light-medium skin. I've got LM's original formula TM in Nude, which I wear in summer but is far too dark for my skin in the other 3 seasons.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by piradanan9

Oh my god. I gave me chance but was disappointed. I don't like the feeling that I can feel there is still some foundation on and if I use my hand or fingers swipe pass I will get some of foundation dirty on. I really hate that feeling. No stay long enought only fews hours, less quantity in a big package I can only used it about 3 weeks for almost everyday. :# The only one thing I like it gives glow looks bit shiny. But never ever again for this brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Mathisk

I like this compact tinted moisturizer. First let me say that i am 53 and have become sensitive to a lot of makeup . It is a small miracle that this works for me. I do get that tight pulling feeling from this but not to the point where it is unbearble and i feel like i cannot wait to get if off my skin. This feels somewhat thick on my face but in no way does it look thick. Due to the cost i was going to not buy again but every time i look in the mirror i am so pleased at the flawless glowing finish i get from this. It makes my skin look flawless and i am not flawless. Till now i use sheido hydro compact which i like a lot but the color match is not that great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by beaniewienie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the shade "Nude". I'm neutral NW20 & Nude works well. I chose it because it seems to be about the same depth of color as Blush, but a bit more yellow toned. Not a strong yellow. I like to use my fingers to apply it. It is hard for me to tell how much I am using with the sponge & I feel like I am using too much. It evens out my skintone without giving much coverage. It looks very natural on & wears well on my combo/oily skin. So it's just an okay product for me. Not bad. I just don't love it as well as my Mac Pro Longwear for coverage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No