December 22, 2014 | 1738 users online

Other - Uncle Harry's Toothpastes - Tooth Powders

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I used it a few times and threw it away because it made me gag every time I used it. The taste is awful but it did leave my teeth feeling pretty clean. Didn't like the jar either because it's hard to get it out...I give it 3 stars because it's all natural...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

Yeah this stuff is pretty good. I, like the reviewer below, decided to do something after the cavities my dentist found. A painful $1400 later, I knew there had to be some other way- a natural way to remineralize my teeth and get them healthy. Did you know that glycerin is really bad for your teeth? It coats them, not letting any of the "good" ingredients in toothpaste (if there is such a thing in commerical toothpaste in the first place) to bond and strengthen your teeth. After tons of research, I found Uncle Harrys, and got the remineralization kit. I also got the bee propolis which DONT ever get. That stuff stuck to my teeth like crazy and STAINED them. I only got it because I heard bee propolis does wonders for your gums. Anyways, I like the kit because its natural and my teeth do appear brighter. My only thing is the saltiness...I mean its super salty with mint, and the gums are the best place for anything to get into your blood stream so if you have high blood pressure, not sure if this is good. But then again, I'm no scientist but and all kinds of sodium has to bad? Anyways, great products. I'm interested in getting the whitening kind and other products of theirs.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I switched from drug store toothpaste to Uncle Harry's and Eco-Dent tooth powders and pastes after discovering that I had four cavities even though I had been brushing my teeth after every meal with Pepsodent toothpastes.

I liked the taste of Pepsodent so used it for about 5 years. It was also the only toothpaste brand that did not irritate my teeth and gums BUT it obviously gave no protection at all from cavities. Whenever I flossed in between my teeth after brushing with toothpaste to double check that my in between my teeth were clean the floss always smelled terrible. I couldn't understand it. I kept changing toothbrushes thinking that was the cause but nothing worked. I rinsed well and did the same thing as I had done for years when I had perfectly healthy white teeth but the smell that came after half a days eating would not subside.
Horrified that I had new cavities as well as now dark stained yellow teeth (I drink a lot of natural teas) I Googled everything I could about better health care for teeth and remineralization and set out on a quest to remineralize my teeth without using glycerin or flouride-based products. My teeth have never felt cleaner. I no longer get the smell on the floss and my teeth are now squeaky clean (as opposed to slippery glycerin feeling). My gums, which were turning brown have gone back to a healthy light pink and I have absolute NO MORE SENSITIVITY....
My Uncle Harry's products in my bathroom cabinet are: Spearmint toothpaste, tooth whitening toothpaste (tried it, was OK but prefer the spearmint), organic tooth powder (like the spearmint but tastes a little better) all-natural remineralzation powder (didn't do too much for my teeth) and the Uncle Harry's Alkalizing Remineralizing Kit which contains: Miracle mouthwash, remineralization for tooth enamel, all-natural tooth powder (nice gift for someone to get them interested in alternative health care). ....

The difference between Eco-Dent powders and Uncle Harry's powders is that Eco-Dents products are sodium bicarbonate based so they are effervescent, while Uncle Harry's are calcium carbonate and salt based and do not froth. ....Uncle Harry's products have a more intense minty flavor (think drug store strong mint toothpastes x2) but he makes a version for kids that is less intense. Eco-Dent has a very alka zeltzer feeling and taste in your mouth. Both clean teeth 100% better than any drug store toothpaste I have ever bought. Even better, you are able to take both in your luggage when going abroad as they are powders.

WEEK 2 UPDATE: Still no smelly floss. Amazingly I can actually see my teeth getting shades lighter and even more strangely is that now when I floss I can barely get the floss down in between my teeth when a week ago it just slid down easily so my gums are getting tighter. I can scrape my back teeth lightly with my fingernail and there is no thick white plaque as there used to be even after using drug store toothpaste. I'm totally impressed. Definitely well worth the money...
2 year update: Wow, time flies. I'm still using Uncle Harry's and it's still great. Today I bought Dr Christopher's Herbal Tooth & Gum powder. Like Uncle Harry's it's extremely hard to find. Read my review on that to compare.