September 20, 2014 | 1777 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Simply Because Eau de Toilette Spray

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think Avon may be discontinuing 'Simply Because'. I purchased it on their website at the clearance price of $4.99 not too long ago. It is, however, a very easy, wearable fruity-floral of an eau de toilette spray with a definite emphasis on the Lychee Fruit (an intense, sweet, almost spicy note). This is a fragrance I can easily wear on summer and early autumn evenings. The bottle is nicely designed with a half-cut circular form and modernistic pink writings that you gaze through the clear juice at on the other side. Also, a pink cap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am terrible at breaking down and describing fragrances, so I won't even try! :) It's a pretty enough fragrance, kind of generic in that it seems like something I've smelled many times before. But it is pleasant and it does smell pretty. The initial fragrance is a bit strong, but it calms down quickly. I don't find it stays with me for very long. But it was very inexpensive, so I don't mind that. The bottle is nothing special, but not unattractive, either. I guess you can tell I'm kind of in the middle on this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by godpsent

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

My breakdown based on the scents I am familiar with... (0 = not at all, 5 = exactly)

Watery....4
Orange/Citrus...0
Sugary/Gourmand....1
Woods....0
Tobacco...0

The top notes are distracting for me - though most top notes are. I can't really comment on them. I'm best at picking up mid notes and bottom notes. My overall feeling on this one is that the mid notes seem to last and last on me....nice! I guess I would describe the mid notes as watery, pink florals - light and fresh. It's been three hours and the dry down hasn't kicked in yet - which is cool with me. Maybe I will come back to comment on that...

Here is Avon's overall description:

"Celebrate each day in your own way. Juicy lychee adds a sparkling touch to this spirited bouquet of pretty pink blossoms and creamy vanilla musk."

I can see myself reaching for this on an everyday, anytime basis. I think it's just interesting enough not to be too distracting for too long.