July 25, 2014 | 1114 users online

Scrubs - Cattier Paris - White Argile Clay Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by floweringash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product a lot.
Although I have a dry skin, it leaves my skin soothed and re-freshed without drying out.
The smell is also very appealing.
The packaging lasts long so the price/quality ratio is great,too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just perfect for sensitive or acne prone skin, no rashes, leaves a clean and fresh feeling without causing allergies or breakouts, it's definitely a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* Product - Cattier Paris White Argile Clay Scrub

* Review - I was so impressed by Cattierís Argile Rose Clay Mask for Sensitive Skin that I decided to try out their facial scrub with white Montmorillonite clay. Montmorillonite clay is very rich in manganese and it cleanses and purifies the skin very well. This product appeals to me because it contains no alcohol and no parabens. 99% of its ingredients are of natural origin and 38.4% of its ingredients are sourced from organic farming. This product is not tested on animals and they donít use animal-derived raw materials either. Itís also certified natural and organic by ECOCERT Greenlife (a control and certification body approved by the French government). The texture of this opaque white clay scrub is similar to their clay masks, slightly thicker and with very small, fine exfoliating grains. I find this to be a very gentle-yet-efficient facial scrub. The grains are not at all rough or harsh. And given its non-aggressiveness, this may not be enough for those who prefer really hard or coarse facial scrubs. (This is not at all like those apricot seed / walnut shell scrubs.) There is a discrete fresh, almost minty scent which sort of reminds me of organic toothpaste. There are no strange uncomfortable tingly burning sensations, no adverse effects nor any irritations whatsoever. This rinses easily, no need to work hard at rinsing here. I use this once or twice a week for a nice and gentle exfoliation, to clear out my pores and to help refine my skinís texture. And following the instructions, I follow up with either the Argile Rose Clay Mask or the green Montmorillonite clay mask by Cattier for a complete at-home spa facial experience.

* How To Use - The directions indicate that for greater efficiency, apply to dry skin without any water and gently massage. So, I spread this onto clean and dry face and neck and then I gently massage. And if it feels too dry, I like to emulsify a little bit with a couple drops or a spritz or two of alcohol-free rosewater. I then rinse well with fresh, tepid water.

* Cons - None really though I would prefer a flip-top cap rather than a twist-off cap. More convenient to open and close quickly.

* Price - Very affordable at only 6 Ä for a 100 ml. / 3.38 fl. oz. tube. Sold at drugstores, pharmacies, parapharmacies and natural organic food shops (aka: Bio Shops here in Belgium). Even with regular weekly use, one tube lasts a long time. (And in France, this is even cheaper!)

* Verdict - Overall, Iím very happy with this product; itís the perfect accompaniment to the great Cattier clay facial masks. This scrub and the clay facial masks help keep my skin feeling nice, fresh and looking revitalized.
Recommended!