Davines Melu

3.9

on 6/25/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I LOVE Davines products, everything I have tried works great, including this shampoo with it's matching conditioner, cleans well without stripping the hair, moisturising and smoothing.

But alas I will not purchase Melu again. Ever.

It smells nice , the perfume is strong, and lingers and lingers, which is fine for me normally, Oi Shampoo and conditioner does the same thing, but something about the perfume in this one I can't handle, it makes me feel sick and gives me a headache.

Guess I'll just have to use the Oi range then - what a shame lol

on 11/25/2014 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

One of the few shampoos that doesn't break me out along the hairline and down the neck - YAY. Idoes not lather much, but that doesn't bother me since I often use sulfate-free shampoos (this contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate though). It actually feels more like a sulfate-free shampoo to me, since it doesn't leave my hair stripped and limp - this could be mostly due to the fantastic Melu conditioner, which I always use with this shampoo.
Its pricy, but most of the time I can find it at around half price and since I only wash my hair twice per week, the cost isn't staggering. Lovely faint smell - just the way I like it best.

on 5/26/2014 1:49:00 AM

I have been using this shampoo for a little over 3 weeks now and have honestly grown to love it. Initally I was pretty much gagging at the smell not only of the shampoo but the fragrance left behind on my hair, but have since grown used to it to the point I hardly notice it.

That said, this shampoo lathers well and leaves my hair feeling silky, even before using the conditioner (but that's another review!).

I haven't noticed less breakage, BUT my hair looks alot thicker (I have very fine coloured hair), doesn't need to be washed every day and it actually looks better on day 2! Frizz also appears to be minimized - I used to use a leave in conditioner, Fekkai glossing cream and Jane Carter's Incredible Curls - but now all I need is the curl cream.

Love this shampoo and will definitely repurchase.

on 3/25/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using Melu shampoo, conditioner and serum daily for almost 5 weeks now to prevent breakage in my fine, long hair. The shampoo is a little heavy for fine non-colored hair, as I thought it would be, but even with continued use it doesn't make my roots dark or oily looking. I can handle flat roots as long as they are clean and natural feeling!

What makes the Melu line work great are all the moisturizers and silicones in it. My hair is super easy to detangle now which of course means less breakage and no dreaded stringy-look. I don't think this repairs split ends, but if definitely prevents them and my ends stay thick and healthy for longer than usual.

And you gotta love the minimalistic design and soft, squeezable bottles, ah! This is a repurchase for me.

Fine-haired ladies, don't be afraid to use this!

on 3/31/2013 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used this shampoo about 2 years ago and was very pleased with how it left my hair feeling. Since then I've started having a Brazilian blow dry and I've been using a number of sulphate free shampoos - anywho, I went to the hairdressers yesterday and they used this on me again - this, and the conditioner, are just perfect for my hair - the smell is gorgeous and my locks feel nourished. All I needed was a bit of lightweight leave in conditioner to blow dry and tame my mixed curls - yes I do have Bbd but I usually have to use heat protector cream and an oil or serum to get my hair to behave. The packaging is nothing to write home about but when the product is that good who cares?! I've used kerastase and other premium products in the past and this sits right up there with them. I wish you could see and smell my hair - love love love this shampoo x x x

on 1/3/2013 5:38:00 PM

Does not agree with my scalp and is nothing that special, on it's own it just barely manages to clean hair and that's it. Does not cope well with the build up Melu conditioner or any other silicone conditioner leaves on hair. No extra features with this one, no extra shine, no improvements on hair feel or anything else. I wholeheartedly would recommend the Melu conditioner, that one is good, as is the Momo conditioner, but the shampoos are too bland. And if you happen to have sensitive or reactive scalp, be prepared for some nasty surprises after a couple washes with this one.

on 8/2/2012 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i used this shampoo in conjunction with Love Conditioner (for harsh and frizzy hair) by Davines. the reason why i bought this shampoo in the first place was because it smelled lovely. faint powdery scent but not overwhelming. also, because it claims that it is ideal for long hair prone to breakage.

i have one last use left in the bottle so i can honestly say that this review has been a product of observation spanning a little over 20 months. the suggested period of use is for 12 months only but since i used this once a week, i went waaaay beyond the period (even with help from my 2 little girls).

i used this once a week only because it left my hair feeling too "squeaky" for my liking. i'm usually not picky when it comes to my shampoo but this one got me a bit confused. my fault probably but i really thought that a shampoo that claims to be "mellow anti-breakage lustrous shampoo" would leave my hair feeling nourished and smooth after shampooing. instead, it gave my hair the same feeling everytime i used a clarifying shampoo. so there. that's the whole reason why i limited the use of this to just once a week.

also, i didn't notice anything new in my hair. not more shine. not any less hair breakage than usual. so, although it was not a bad shampoo, i can't say that it was a good one, too. i looove the packaging though! the plastic bottle it comes in is so soft and squeezable that i am going to re-use the bottle:)!

in sum, will not repurchase because its performance does not warrant the price.