September 2, 2014 | 1893 users online

Lip Gloss - Annabelle - Volume Lip Lip Plumping Gloss - All

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by sultryvoice

I have this product in So Sanguine (a really gorgeous reddish orange) and Tangerina (a clean medium orange). To my dismay, Annabelle seems to be discontinuing this product. I really love it as it is a smooth and non-sticky gloss. It provides a sheer to medium coverage. As for the plumping claims, I don't see it or feel it which is fine with me because I really do not like plumping glosses. I think this is a basic gloss, but it is a really nice basic gloss. It is also unscented. The one stand out aspect of this product is that it is paraben free which I think is fabulous. This product also has Benzophenone-3 which provides protection against UVA and UVB radiation. I will be purchasing a couple more shades while I still am able to do so. The Rexall in my area has them on clearance for $4.26cdn and that is a good deal as they are regularly about $9cdn. Regarding the packaging, it is not the most user friendly as it is a narrow tube with a slant applicator that must be squeezed in order to dispense the product. It is a bit difficult to squeeze the gloss out once your reach the half way mark. However, the top can be screwed off and more product can be accessed. With the exception of the little extra effort, this gloss is still worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by zhen11

I bought this thinking it was one of those products that actually give you a plumper lip. They typically give you that tingly, stinging which then swells your lips.
I've tried lip plumpers before and this is NOT one of them.
The packaging is VERY deceiving as all the print on the packaging suggests that it is a lip plumper and will make your lips more voluminous.
I'm still not sure that it is a lip plumper. It does make my lips shiny like a gloss would, but I don't see that it is any better than a regular gloss.
Waste of money. Had I known it was just a regular lip gloss, I would have spent the money on a lip gloss/lip tint/lip butter that was a better brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Product's Claims - True or False?
1) Full, pouty lips: Somewhat true
2) Painless: True

Packaging:
Volume Lip glosses come in a soft plastic squeeze tube with a slanted opening. It's smaller in size which I like for my smaller lips and it is nice and smooth for even application. There is a plastic cap that can be pulled off, which is very secure (if not too secure) and good for travel. The top portion of the packaging can also unscrew, which I find can be a bit problematic sometimes for travel as it can loosen up over time, but it doesn't seem to happen with all of the tubes. Earlier tubes had issues in which some would be quite hard to dispense product from but it has since been resolved and all tubes are easy to use. My biggest pet peeve with the packaging is that the name of the gloss is on the barcode sticker, which I removed after purchase, so I am unsure as to the names of most of the tubes I own.

Formula:
There are currently 11 shades, almost all of which are semi-sheer cream formulas. I currently own 5 shades, but I am unsure which ones they are. Based on looking online, I'd assume they are Sweet Tweet (a light brownish pink with shimmer), Poetic Mauve (a light cool-toned purple), So Sanguine (darker reddish orange), Plum(p)tastic (a purplish fuchsia), and Tangerina (a lighter orange). They are all very smooth silky on the lips with a lightweight and non-sticky finish. Consistency-wise they almost feel like a blend between a thick gloss and a thick balm. They are very layerable and layering does not cause any strange caking on my lips. These are taste- and fragrance-free as well.

Performance:
These glosses are some of my favourite in my collection. They do not plump my lips, at least not in any way that I've noticed, but because of the high gloss that they provide they do seem to give the illusion of slightly fuller lips. Colours fade evenly and not too quickly, and once it has worn off my lips still feel comfortable - if my lips are quite dry prior to application however the gloss will likely settle into cracks, so sometimes balm is required. I do not feel as though they are actually hydrating my lips but they are not drying in any way. Overall I'd say that I get about 2-3 hours of wear before I feel the need to reapply. These also layer really nicely with other glosses or lip products for your own colour creation. There doesn't seem to be any staining from most of the colours but the darker ones can take a little while longer to completely fade away, so perhaps a very slight staining.

Bang for Your Buck:
These glosses are generally around $9CAD for 7.3ml/0,22oz. While on the pricier side it is definitely a great gloss and not a lot is needed to get desired coverage.

Final Thoughts:
Despite a few minor complaints these are definitely some of my favourite glosses that I own. The line overall is definitely worth looking into, especially with the better packaging and expanded colour selection. However I'd say that for the more common or neutral shades wait for sales.
* Overall Rating: 4.5/5