April 18, 2014 | 2058 users online

Lip Gloss - Jouer - Peony

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by robbinrr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These are my new favorite HG lip glosses. Finally, I have found my perfect basic pink lip gloss. Don't be fooled by the swatch on the Jouer web site or how the color appears in the tube ... which looks like a very bright, almost fushia pink. In fact, I went back-and-forth as to whether or not to order it from the Jouer web site. Soooo glad I decided to take the plunge. This gloss is a very pretty shade of pink, like the true color of a pink peony flower, with a little milky touch to it ... almost looks like light pink bubble gum but not BRIGHT BRIGHT. I have fairly pigmented lips and the gloss muted them a bit, which is what I was hoping for. Usually when I put on a pink gloss, my natural lip color intensifies it and distorts the true color. The only misgiving I have is that it is a creme and glosses with a touch of shimmer compliment and brighten my complexion. I remedied this by ordering the Glace shade and mixing it with the Peony. First I apply a bit of Glace gloss to my lips then apply the Peony on top of it. Now I have the perfect pink with a pretty gold shimmer. I posted a review for the Glace shade, if you'd like to read it.